Having problem in installing my new 512mb SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

parag1985

Broken In
Hey frnds I am having a trouble in installing a new ram in my P3 .recently i have purchased a 512 MB ram for my system.i have installed it properly but when i start my pc it shows only 128 mb ram n i also dont feel any difference in the speed of my system.i have checked the same ram on other systems also in them also it shows 128 Mb. so guys tell me is there any settings i have to do in my BIOS or something to make my ram work properly...

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
There's no other solution, just go back to where you got the RAM from, and demand a replacement.
Always buy genuine RAM from well known companies.
:)

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
there looks like the shopkeeper tricked you else your module should have worked well on other pcs with different moterboards....

acewin

Point Blanc
its not getting tricked necessarily, the shopkeepers either does not sells much of computer parts maybe. :D

return the memory stick and ask him to give you another stick which is really 512MB, had happened to one of my frnd, but he was doing the checking in shop so did not bought it. The shopkeeper had got the RAMs from somewhere, but they were actually 128MB and 64MB, so no buying from there, latter I bought 512 SDRAM from SP Road and got it in 500 bucks whereas the previous shopkeeper was quoting something like 1K for one stick, I bought 3 sticks I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom