Have you invested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxcess2

Banned
Since India is shining and many youngsters today are earning incomes which their parents could only dream of when they were their ages, investing today shud not be disregarded. I've invested around 2 lacs in mutual funds, a little in LIC and NSC, a little in PF and have little amounts in 5 different savings accounts. And the best part is I'm only 25 :D. But my biggest letdown is that I did not invest in property or purchase a flat when the prices were down. The rates for property today have skyrocketed :(. So anyone else who has invested or is planning to invest please do share your experiences.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Invested in stock market. I won't disclose the amount though.

Most of the money which was used as the initial investment capital was earned by part time job of teaching and some back stage work for a coaching class. I admit that compared to what my investment today actually is, the money i used to make by those part time jobs was not that huge deal.

The rest was recycled from the stock market. All thanks to my broker for his advice. Without it I would be slogging out still to earn just a small part of it.

FYI, you are 25, not 'only 25' :D

But my biggest letdown is that I did not invest in property or purchase a flat when the prices were down.
O really?..........2 lacs would a get you a decent flat? which year are you talking about? I remember a 400 sq.ft flat was priced at about 4 lac in 92-93, you may have been around 12-13 yrs old. :D

Also consider that even if we are drawing fat salary cheque, we are spending equally more. Moreover, we are compromising for it on family-life and health grounds too.

That is why I don't want a corporate lifestyle or a call-center job. Each paise of my investment is white money!:p

Last edited:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmmm... Investing your money is good way to mobilze it .. I've invested a part in tax saving mutual funds and some in securities. It gets you better ROI than 4.5% you'll get in a Savings bank account.

Anyways always create a risk profile before taking decisions on investment. Always diversify your portfolio between different levels of risks.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hmmm... Investing your money is good way to mobilze it .. I've invested a part in tax saving mutual funds and some in securities. It gets you better ROI than 4.5% you'll get in a Savings bank account.

Anyways always create a risk profile before taking decisions on investment. Always diversify your portfolio between different levels of risks.
cool info..... (only thing i cant use it for the next 4 years atleast;))

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ All this discussion is way off my level. I'm just nineteen, and I understand stacks, not stocks. Tutorials pl0x? :)

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
wht do u mean by risk profile???
whether low risk, or high risk i guess ......

eg. smaller banks give higher interest rates, but there is a much higher chance that the bank will go bust (due to loan defaulters), and you will end up losing your money....... so its a personal choice whether you are willing to take that risk for the higher return...;)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... Try this link .. ICICDirect Learning .. At least read Module 1 to 5 for equities .. (they are small .. wont take much time ) ..

Basically .. You can divide your capital in segments such as :
High Risk High Return ( 30 % )
Moderate Risk Moderate Return (40 %)
Low Risk Low Return ( 30 % )

Usually Low risk low return consists for debt funds and high risk high return are equities and FnO segments ..

If you are a new comer to investment, you should start with investing in Mutual funds ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom