Have u enrolled for AADHAAR?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've applied for UID. There a drive in our office for us employees only.

Used the Mahaonline site for form filling.

>U can use your passport for address proof
>For photo ID PAN card will work
>No issue if you are migrant. My passport has address of West Bengal, and I provided it here.
>Be careful with the photo the take when you visit the center. Only three attempts. I'm stuck with a bad one.
>You have to submit photo id and address proof xerox
>The s/w has two languages. Local and english. I had to go through Marathi. I don't know what is written there in my card in the script which is not english.

agyaat

Broken In
Just yesterday in Hyderabad, a youth who worked for the ADHAAR project was apprehended for stealing laptops used to record and store citizens' information. News channels say that he has already sold at least six of them, the first sweep of the theft twenty days before the second one of six more laptops. He did not get to complete the sale the second time over - he got caught instead.

Sarath

iDota
If anyone has applied then can you give details of how to go about it?

We can discuss its importance after that. It could be a case of "one man's garbage is another man's treasure"

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I've applied for UID. There a drive in our office for us employees only.

Used the Mahaonline site for form filling.

>U can use your passport for address proof
>For photo ID PAN card will work
>No issue if you are migrant. My passport has address of West Bengal, and I provided it here.
>Be careful with the photo the take when you visit the center. Only three attempts. I'm stuck with a bad one.
>You have to submit photo id and address proof xerox
>The s/w has two languages. Local and english. I had to go through Marathi. I don't know what is written there in my card in the script which is not english.

Hey rhitwick, you seem to be located in Kolkata..
I have downloaded and filled up the enrolment form. Can you tell me which centre I can go to to submit this? I am looking for centres in the general vicinity of LakeTown, Ultadanga, Salt Lake, Shyambazar area.

@mods: This looks the Aadhar discussion thread, so I am posting my query here, although the thread is pretty old. Please let me know if I need to create a new thread for this.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey rhitwick, you seem to be located in Kolkata..
I have downloaded and filled up the enrolment form. Can you tell me which centre I can go to to submit this? I am looking for centres in the general vicinity of LakeTown, Ultadanga, Salt Lake, Shyambazar area.

@mods: This looks the Aadhar discussion thread, so I am posting my query here, although the thread is pretty old. Please let me know if I need to create a new thread for this.
Dude....I'm sorry I can't help you here. I got my AADHAR card while my stay in Mumbai. I've non idea where in Kolkata you can do that.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

u posted in the write thread...

I heard that to open a bank account AADHAAR is mandatory

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude....I'm sorry I can't help you here. I got my AADHAR card while my stay in Mumbai. I've non idea where in Kolkata you can do that.

Ok thanks, no problem. Appreciate your quick reply. :)

u posted in the write thread...

I heard that to open a bank account AADHAAR is mandatory

Thanks for info.

So, anyone else from Kolkata know about any centres where Aadhar enrolment can be done? Centres in general vicinity of LakeTown, Ultadanga, Salt Lake, Shyambazar area?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Its not mandatory but banks are "requesting" customers to link their Aadhar nos. to their savings/current accounts. - is what my relationship manager told me today.

roady

Digital Marketer
Been over 6 months since I submitted the form with all those biometric stuff - still haven't received my card. However, you can go to aadhaar's site and get the e-aadhaar card right away! Just make sure to keep the receipt with you (the one you got after biometrics were done) as you need to fill the information from that in order to download the e-aadhaar card.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^u know government slow work....it takes time to get a UID...me & my parents enrolled on the same day.but they got the UID 4~5 months after me :(

abhidev

Human Spambot
Me n my dad enrolled before my other family members...they received their cards....ut me n my dad haven't :(

Top Bottom