Has PC gaming become pointless?

Do you think PC gaming has become pointless?

• Yes

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
gx_saurav said:
Nah...tablet PCs are the way to go. Nothing is better then to write on a computer in your own handwriting instead of typing :D

I prefer typing to handwriting. I can easily type 60wpm and belive me, my handwriting sucks so much that only the best handwriting recoginition sw can guess what I wrote :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ lolz....I m good at drawing on paper & computer so I guess that helps when i write on paper

again d00d... u r so not a geek.

Yup, no longer a geek. Just a user who wants to use his computer as a tool for doing things, & not for staring & screwing it....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ax3 said:
ya, its no use upgrading & wasting ur money ........

xbox & ps3 r the only great options 2 experience AWESOME graphics ........

Have you tried playing on xbox 360/PS3. Atleast, try playing on PS2 and you will never regret owning a console. It's so smooth with amazing graphics.

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
If only they let us use keyboard and mouse for FPS games, it will be perfect to own a console and no one will buy a PC for gaming. I know PS3 is already doing that but others aren't.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
well there is yet another reason most parents wont allow their children to buy a 25k ps3 but will readily give 50-60k for a PC even if they know it will be primarily used for gaming.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^thats xactly why i don't own a console. when u buy a pc, parents don't think that i'll be gaming (which i obviously do later). and it gives parents satisfaction in buying a PC b'coz they think it can be used for edu purposes too (which it generally isn't). however, buying a console, they know it'll be used only for gaming

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Totally agreed. For some reason parents assume that we are going to fill up our hard disks with encyclopedias and read them instead of filling em up with games and play them.

and....

gx_saurav said:
No u don't, whats your monitor size? Did u tried optimizing the game manually? Install latest drivers & games updates etc, disable background apps...the usual thing. If your monitor is 17" then why do u play at anything over 1024X768 with 2XQ AA & 4X Anis.

please tell me that was sarcasm.... coz if its not.. this is what the entire thread is about..... you can spend hours and hours optimising that game and still you will not get the same experience as on a console.

If it was sarcasm... niice!

and funny thing ... poll is going other way than thread...

impulsive voting i guess.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
games aren't made xclusively for pc's anymore todays games come under 3 categories xbox360/ps3;pc;wii.

just saw game on star sports and it's amazing the amount of diff. in fifa 08 on consoles and my pc.if only our parents could understand that:(

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Offtopic: Can anyone tell me, is it worth spendin loads of extra bucks and going in for Xbox... or a PS2 will just be sufficient??

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Xbox 360 is definetly worth it.... almost all future games will be released for X360/PS3. PS2 will soon become outdated like the PS1.

Besides, Xbox can play all your music, videos etc...

K

krazyfrog

Well in my not-so-humble-opinion, PC gaming has always been pointless. Consoles were designed for gaming and thats why they rock so much. Gaming should always be on a console, the way God (and Sony) intended.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
supernova said:
Offtopic: Can anyone tell me, is it worth spendin loads of extra bucks and going in for Xbox... or a PS2 will just be sufficient??
Yups , go for an Xbox 360 . I personally own a 360 and enjoy every moment of gaming on it . Also Graphics and especially 'Phyisics' difference in Xbox 360 n PS2 games is HUUUUGE . Just lpay Burnout Revenge on PS2 n then on 360 to feel the difference .

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Well, you're all right, ofcourse, but since I play RTS's and Simulators, I think I'll be sticking to the PC for some time now. Just waiting for my parents permission to pick up a laptop, then its gonna be Silent Hunter 3, Freelancer, Homeworld 2 and Descent: Freespace 2 all semester long!!! <rubs hands together gleefully> :D

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yups , go for an Xbox 360 . I personally own a 360 and enjoy every moment of gaming on it . Also Graphics and especially 'Phyisics' difference in Xbox 360 n PS2 games is HUUUUGE . Just lpay Burnout Revenge on PS2 n then on 360 to feel the difference .

Thanks zeeshan and ring..

But PS2 cost arnd 6.5k
and Xbox 360 premium... 25k :(

i m confused wheather to spend almost 4 times extra....:?

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
not 25k..... check that price...

Anyway.... kinda pointless buying a ps2 as games are going to stop being released for it pretty soon. If you want the latest games you need to have an X360.

but if you are on a budget.... you can get a PS2. there are tons of games worth playing ... God of War 1,2..... Metal Gear Solid...Devil may cry... just too many to name.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
i think yes its really frustrating when new games requires high performance hardware i think its better to buy PS3 or X-Box 360 and play safe for atleast 3-4 years

devilz666

Broken In
If you are a hardcore gamer then it is and it always was pointless to rely on PC for gaming , but i guess most of the ppl (like me) who use PCs for gaming are looking for a good value for money and do-it-all device rather than stick-to-ta-job device.

No matter wat ur PC config is , it will soon be an obsolete technology (atleast for a gaming)

so I think its far more better to buy a graphic card costing as much(or even bit lesser) as a PS3 (just an example;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom