Has anyone ever purchased an app from android market using Indian Debit cards ?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Most of the new international depit card emv chip based.

Yup coz it's an RBI directive to switch everyone from magstripe cards to chip ones. Btw, has anyone experienced fraudulent transactions on their cards?
I often hear from people who got their money stolen via online txn as they revealed their sensitive card information to someone claiming them to be bank official on a freaking phone call!

$hadow

Geek in making
Yup coz it's an RBI directive to switch everyone from magstripe cards to chip ones. Btw, has anyone experienced fraudulent transactions on their cards?
I often hear from people who got their money stolen via online txn as they revealed their sensitive card information to someone claiming them to be bank official on a freaking phone call!

Those people just fall for the trap. I got a call a few days ago and they offered me goodies of worth 55k + 1 thailand trip and all this for 6.5k and by providing them my card number and cvv. So I told that guy that Sir if you call me next time I will find you and kill you. :-D

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Those people just fall for the trap. I got a call a few days ago and they offered me goodies of worth 55k + 1 thailand trip and all this for 6.5k and by providing them my card number and cvv. So I told that guy that Sir if you call me next time I will find you and kill you. :-D

If you think its a fraudster calling then report to your nearest police station assuming that nearby police is helpful

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Nah I am not much of a police person.

Some people fall so easily, the caller says I'm calling from the bank & your card will be blocked unless you tell your card , pin no etc & bang money stolen! Mostly these scamsters purchase something from Amazon,fk or recharge mobile.

amjath

Human Spambot
Dont you guys have OTP enabled for credit cards and debit cards. I usually have otp for all my cards. Even though you provide them the details how will they make transaction unless it is a international transaction.

Also check which number are they calling from? It should be landline not mobile!

$hadow

Geek in making
Some people fall so easily, the caller says I'm calling from the bank & your card will be blocked unless you tell your card , pin no etc & bang money stolen! Mostly these scamsters purchase something from Amazon,fk or recharge mobile.

That's the thing, banks are dyeing to get customers to use cards as a sole option, they ain't going to do anything like that without the request of the concerned customer.

Top Bottom