Harsha Bhogle - Ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
It was nail biting India Vs Aus second finals. Entertainment at its best. But that lasted only until Mike Hussey was caught behind by Dhoni. The verdict was referred to the third umpire and here are some disgusting statements by Harsha Bhogle

"The leg umpire shoudn't have had any difficulty in judging that, I fail to understand the reason why its so difficult"

"That is out, that is out for sure, this should not take any longer than a second to be given out"

**Umpire takes some time**

"This is ridiculous, why is it taking so much of time to xyz (I dont remember third umpire's name) to give the judgement, this is totally ridiculous"

Umpire still takes some more time,

"Its a very crucial match as everybody knows, that is out, that is out"

"If 2+2=4, then its out, if its 3, then its not out"

I mean, WHAT THE F? We all know it was out, we all know very well that it was clearly out. For heavens sake, whats the reason to get soo soo soo damn hyper?? I mean, thats unprofessionalism, amateurish and sheer stupidity. Even Ravi shastri was in the commentary box, but he never said a word while Harsha was blabbering all the crap. Bah, I'm disgusted.

I remember there was one of the column in local news paper "Why is our own Harsha not given a chance to do commentary" I said yes why not, but they were so right.

Death to the lamer.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Well I really coudnt understand why u r angry ??? what he said was right (the entire India was saying the same , and he is there to comment on what he sees and thats exactly what he was doing. I think Harsha is one of Worlds best Commentators .

Rahim

Married!
Harsha was disgusted bcoz the decision was so clear and easy and yet the 3rd umpire took so much time to give his decision.
The umpiring here at Australia were shocking. Those incidents which must have been referred up-stairs, never were, and those which a child can decide took so much time. The catch was cleanly taken like whistle. Or maybe the men behind the sports there wanted some more suspense & drama to the already cliff-hanger match!!!
You dont have any idea of how good he is as a commentator and a presenter(No wonder he has been around for so many years).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I really coudnt understand why u r angry ??? what he said was right (the entire India was saying the same , and he is there to comment on what he sees and thats exactly what he was doing. I think Harsha is one of Worlds best Commentators .
+1

We all were also saying the same. Just because he said Live on the television, you are getting angry........

prasad_den

Padawan
Nothing wrong in his commentary.... The third umpire did in fact take an awful lot of time just to decide if the catch was clean.... Whether or not there was an edge, was not his job to decide..!

d1g1t

Stupid Member
Its justified since it was the same third umpire who gave one or two wrong decisions in the second test match

narangz

Web developer
Well I love the way Harsha speaks & I am a big fan of him. I didn't find anything wrong in those statements & I was thinking at that time that Harsha is speaking what was going on in my mind.

Last edited:

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
I've never liked Harsha as a commentator. Most of the time his commentry is too biased. Even otherwise, I think he tries to form some stupid theories outta everything and makes us wanna believe it. Commentators should stick to reporting what's goin, the spectator is no fool...he can draw his own conclusions

Last edited:
OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
He might be a good commentator, but certainly not great, there have been immortals as Geff Boycott and The grand daddy Tony grieg and our own Ravi Shastri. The decision certainly was very very apparent which was out, simple. And even I stand behind our feelings, even I was tensed, very tensed. Commentators are not commentator representating a country, but a channel and to keep us all informed everything in an unbiased manner. If they were to represent a country, then Indias would never be allowed to comment in other countries and so wudn't be any cross country commentary possible. Again, had he been one of us posting here, I wud've certainly respected his feelings and frustration and stupidity, but he is representating our country in a match as a commentator, which is watched by multi cultural crowd, which gives a stupid impression to them of how "Indians" are. Which I'm sure none of us would like to accept. If it was multiple times that the umpire has misjudged, there are authorities to take care, things won't go unnoticed, as someone said he was fined. Harsha, or for that fact no one is entitled to raise such comments against anyone's profession of anyone in person. The message is clear, its not about person, its about my country which he is representating.

Oh btw, for the matter of fact, third umpires don't give a rat ass to any commentary, they dont take their commentary as a suggesstion if something is unclear. If he was taking time, none of us has seen if there was a simple technical problem with a red button.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
somebody in the commentratory box should say something dude...

there are more weird thing spoken there .. so i feel thats not soo bad of wht harsha has spoken...

@times when this Ravi Shastri guy doesnt know wht to speak.. he just speaks in low voice some sh!t thing .. that even the other commnetrator sitting beside him cant understand..

so leave it and get along .. more of these funny thing are yet to come...

next will be "if 4/2 is 2 ....... " thing /// :-D :-D

Last edited:
J

jxcess

I agree with virus, harsha bhogle's commentary is lame. indian commentators seem to be paid by the number of words they use on television. I feel there are certain rates fixed, say for every 100 words in an over its $100, for every 200 wrds $200 and so on. I can't seem to understand the obsession with indian commentators to elaborate each & every stupid second of the game. don't try to tell me they are making things more interesting and appetising to the viewers. no they are not. its really sickening, annoying & disgusting to be spoonfed each & every aspect of the game like we are a bunch of morons who are watching the game for the first time in our lives. And don't tell me harsha bhogle is the best commentator in the world. no he isn't. its geoffery boycott. harsha bhogle sucks. the only indian commentator worth mentioning is ravi shastri. but the poor guy is always sidelined to unimportant matches like india v/s zimbabwe or india v/s bangladesh.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
I can't seem to understand the obsession with indian commentators to elaborate each & every stupid second of the game. don't try to tell me they are making things more interesting and appetising to the viewers. no they are not. its really sickening, annoying & disgusting to be spoonfed each & every aspect of the game like we are a bunch of morons who are watching the game for the first time in our lives

+1! That is my grouse as well! Keep it simple for Gods sake, We do know our cricket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom