Hardy Gnome or Hardy KDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just one question, did u save the xorf.conf from ur last installation of gutsy.

Always backup xorg.conf, u just hav to overwrite to get things normal.
the previous installation had gone kaput because it had nvidia drivers and my card has died.

I must be imagining things. iMav using Linux!
not the first time

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73632 , I actually want to try KDE 4, oh and yeah I have used slax also extensively, I don't bash Linux just like that, I sincerely haven't liked working on it or rather working with it ;)

@kalpik, will try it and let you know.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Yaar Main Circuit(Guarav Indian) ko bahut miss kar raha hum . Apun ka dhanda manda pad gaya hai :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah bummers don't even put that u can install from live cds too
Btw it saved me from downloading full dvd :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
T159's blog post helped me solve the problem, I knew I had to change the monitor from somewhere as I did in Gutsy, but didn't know where the control panel was. Anyway's this blog post helped me:

*visio159.com/2008/05/28/easily-configure-graphics-and-monitor-hardware-in-ubuntu/

I changed my monitor to LCD 1280x1024 & the reso seems to be proper now.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I really loved KDE.. but after I encountered Ubuntu 5.. things changed.. I have loved GNOME till now with Ubuntu 7.10... Am waiting for my hardy...

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hey guys recommend some music player, last time I tried Exaile, this time wanna try something else, any new media player which is better than Exaile?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
rhythmbox - got good navigation UI
Amarok - better for KDE (slow startup in gnome)
Banshee - i did'nt like it somehow.

Songbird - Its still not mature but teh best in features and library management. Consider it as firefox of media player.

Exaile - At last this one suits me

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Exaile works for me. You might not want to try Songbird yet. Ive heard that it might not actually scroble some songs and after seeing your last.fm profile I think that would be a serious drawback for you :D. I found Amarok a bit resource Intensive but I do like it. My next choice would be Listen or Rhythmbox. They arent big downloads so you could try them out with no problem :) .

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Music quality wise VLC has no match which is why it is my fav music/video player.But its lacks some of music player's essential features.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Guys how do get write permissions for my HFS+ partition, I have read access to it but no write permission. How do I get that?

I tried editing the file using sudo nautilus still the same error of read only.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'm not sure if this is for Hardy but its worth a try. *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2346494#post2346494

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I am unable to write on the partition, I tired using the gksudo nautilus command too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom