HardwareID - What is it ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taitac

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I was wondering does anyone know what is that HardwareID number this program says that i have and how do i change it in my pc ?
I know its unique for every machine, i just wanna know how it makes it.
-ty

Taitac1

morron What virus alert, did you even scan it ? its a program that creates a serial number i just want to know how it makes that number. Is it from the GetHardwareID command ? What ?
Virus Alert...Idiots like you spam threads...thats all they know to do.
Here is a SS from my PC running the program. It makes a .dat file with the hardware id number
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/421/pictu9.jpg

So before you post anything, let your mind work a bit .....

r2d2

Journeyman
Yes a$$h0!e, nod32 won't even let me download that file, see the ss below

*img158.imageshack.us/img158/8761/nod32ssxp1.png

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ False positive.. No probs with the file. Antivir passed it as safe..! And i tried the exe.. it gave me also a hardware id... Curious to know what it means..?

Taitac1

Yes a$$h0!e, nod32 won't even let me download that file, see the ss below

Lol, packed with Themida....just lol.Go play with your toys and let the big boys talk.And get yourself a worthy AV.Nod has so many holes....i could drain pasta in it.

r2d2

Journeyman
OK..scanned again with nod32, this time no prob, so the 1st time was indeed false positive, but considerering we are having a lot of spam lately, and the fact that this is your 1st post and the AV warning, I really thougt this post to be spam.

BTW I dont know whether nod32 is the best AV out there, but it certainly doesn't have that much "holes" as you may say (maybe a few false +ve here and there like this one), and most members in this forum will say the same thing go read this thread.

Taitac1

Anyways, i am sorry for the rude attitude but i really didnt expect to get banned on my first post oO.
I run kaspersky on my pc and i know that Themida is a packer for exe files...probably they packed the file so noone can find out how this ID number is taken...Thats why i posted this cause maybe someone knew about this program and knows how that ID comes out.
I got a server that was bought for a my last PC. I got a new pc now and i cant find anywhere they guy that i bought it from to make me a new .exe that runs on this machine. So i wanted to find out how on earth i can somehow change my current ID to the old pcs' ID so i can run the server again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom