CD drive:LG super multi DVD r/w
motherboard:mercury PI945GZD
I WANT TO UP GRADE MY PC
please suggest some rigs . budget = rs 7000

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Buddy, your machine is a little more than an antique. (No offense)

I'd suggest save up a little more and get a new one from scratch.

Athlon II X2 260 @3.3k
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P @2.6k
Corsair Value 1X4GB DDR3 1333MHz @1.2k

Total ---> 7.1k

Forget new-age gaming. Watch movies. Maybe edit some videos. :cool:

Or else build one from scratch. It means start fresh;everything new.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well, i have the following config:
HDD:Seagate 160 GB <--- if Sata then ok, else need to change.
RAM:1 GB <--- bare minimum required for Winows7.
Processor:intel pentium D <--- this is discontinued long ago. slow.
CD drive:LG super multi DVD r/w
motherboard:mercury PI945GZD <--- supports max Core 2 Duo E4400 & DDR2 533Mhz ram
I WANT TO UP GRADE MY PC
please suggest some rigs . budget = rs 7000

replies in green. if you want to upgrade, you'll need to do a full upgrade as your PC is really old. save more.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Save up buddy. Sell this old pc and add that amount to your savings and buy a new pc. you can get something decent in about 20-25k(see basic rig).

OP
A

akash patel

Broken In
thank u guys but the thing is i am going to buy a new laptop next year for my studies, and my present pc is too slow for any work i just want a temproary upgrade that is the reason behind my budget.keep the replies coming

replies in green. if you want to upgrade, you'll need to do a full upgrade as your PC is really old. save more.

my HDD is sata, i have a win 7 os,
core 2 duo would be ideal for me and ram about 2 gb. what do u think, all these in 7k?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
in that case, go with Gaurav's suggestion as your current board doesn't support all Core2Duos. Only the first batch of Core2Duos. Secondly, DDR2 ram is priced lot higher than DDR3. 2Gb DDR2 = 4Gb DDR3.

if you can increase your budget a bit more, get this:
AMD A4 3400 @ 3671
Biostar A55ML+ @ 3221
Corsair DDR3 2Gb @ 699

TOTAL: 7591

my HDD is sata, i have a win 7 os,
core 2 duo would be ideal for me and ram about 2 gb. what do u think, all these in 7k?

your motherboard support only Core2Duo E4400 (or something) which will again new a new motherboard and you will again need to buy new ram (1Gb is way too less). Total will still be above 7k but won't worth it. actually to get some descent gain, you need to sell out close to 10k.

Sam777

Broken In
This can also be considered.

Pentium G620 for Rs.3400.
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H for Rs.3380.
Corsair 2 GB DDR3 Ram for Rs.700.

Total-Rs.7480.

regarding processor,pentium G620 is quite capable processor and better than athlon II X2 260.going with socket 1155 will also make you futureproof as you can later add sandy bridge i5/i7 and upcoming ivy bridge cpus.

however if you are interested in gaming then go with Sam's configuration as inbuilt graphics in that processor are much better.

Top Bottom