Hardware price in Gulf sector

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by keves2002, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keves2002

keves2002 Guest

hi,

i wud like to know about threads dealing with hardware price in gulf sector especially in DUBAI other wise i wud like to start a new one as i am living in United Arab Emirates,

please Advice ... :

2. OP
    OP
    keves2002

keves2002 Guest

hey,

Even after one week there is no reply , is it like that no one is bothered to know the prices in GULF REGION, i hope allmost all of u have atleast one friend or relative over here..any way if i dint get any reply then i am not gonna post the prices...

waiting for the reply

3. RCuber

RCuber The Mighty Unkel!!! Staff Member

Why would any one bother to know the prices in "GULF REGION" I guess only two members are from GULF area, you and Keith Sebastian (brainac) from Doha. Most of the members buy from india or order it from their friends in US or somewhere . what i say is you stay in GULF so you must do some research there and tell us here. If this offends you, then Im sorry :|.

4. Chindi_Chor

Chindi_Chor New Member

Any 1 frm ?? GULF.....

I think alll r Frm India...

5. Kniwor

Kniwor Learner

Soory friend, but most users on this forum are from india, so it is unlikely that someone can help u even if u try and maintain such a thread, u see we cant get gulf prices......

furthermore, even if prices where available, i douby most people here get anything from UAE.... so i would not be much concerned about gulf prices....

6. OP
    OP
    keves2002

keves2002 Guest

@charangk &
    @Kniwor

Yes, i know that , thats y ask the opinion b4 posting ..any way these r the offers which saw this week in a store near to my place (Office) ...

Please let me know ur Opinion.

http://www.carrefouruae.com/English/promotions-main.asp

@Chindi_Chor

Sorry Friend u r mistaken ,There r ppl in this Forum from outside INDIA also , Basically i am an INDIAN, but rt now i am living here in UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

7. Chindi_Chor

Chindi_Chor New Member

Okie...Dude..

8. ilugd

ilugd Beware of the innocent

is it comparitively cheaper there. Legal issues?

9. OP
    OP
    keves2002

keves2002 Guest

@ilugd

vat do u mean by legal issues :?: please make it clear.

10. ilugd

ilugd Beware of the innocent

no problems in bringing them to india if i want to. customs and all that stuff??

11. Kniwor

Kniwor Learner

india govt charges customs.... which makes them costlier..... afaik
    but i can be wrong.....

if anyone has detailed and concrete info on this please let us know i can get things from my friends in US then....
    IT'S DAMN CHEAP THERE...............!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. hafees

hafees New Member

Wow!! almost 1/2 X indian prices. second hand sales? do they provide gaurantee as usual?

13. OP
    OP
    keves2002

keves2002 Guest

@ilugd

It depends, If u want in BULK u have to make the customs clearance & all, If its 4 personal use (eg: one Laptop) then u dont have to pay anthing , provided u have only the allowed quantity of the bagage with u , Even if the quantity is Little High ( Eg: 2 Laptops ) u wont face any problems in Dubai Airport , Sorry i dont know about the current situation in Indian Airports in this Case ( having 2 laptos).

@Kniwor

Ask ur friend in US to buy (vat ever u want to buy) it alteast 4-5 months before his Travel, so he can show as the used one at the airport with the bill ( in that case less/no customs duty) .

@hafees

All r Brand new , more in the store staff directly from companies offering more discounts & gifts ( like u buy laptop u will get Laptop bag + 1 gb flash drive & all)

@All
    Its my pleasure to provide vat ever i can from the GULF SECTOR ,coz i like....... sory, i luv Digit & all forum members. :D

14. Keith Sebastian

Keith Sebastian New Member

keves2002 - Why not try www.souq.com ?

I think Carrefour prices are a bit on the higher end when it comes to tech stuff. I mostly use Carrefour for groceries. :wink:

Have a look at you closest branch of Jarir Bookstore for better prices - http://www.jarirbookstore.com/

Cheers,
    Keith

15. OP
    OP
    keves2002

keves2002 Guest

@Keith Sebastian

Today my collegue asked me to get the prices of a Laptop, Lets see his Demands!

1.Centrino
    2.Prefernce to HP ( i think he's a HP fan Like Me)
    3.Budget :: 3000 Dhs

Option #1 souq.com:: I didnt Find a Brand New HP Laptop in souq.com...Search contionus ........

Option #2 Jarrirbookstore.com:: They have only 1 Outlet Across the country (UAE) ..its in Abu Dhabi ..too far from my place( Sharjah), They Didnt mention the prices in the Website where the UAE products Mentioned , So i decided to make a phone call , Lets see the Responce from their Store!

5 Models Available with Them From HP
    dv1446 - 4590/- Dhs
    dv1494 - 5540/- Dhs
    dv4391 - 5040/- Dhs
    dv4381 - 4540/- Dhs
    dv1591 - 4790/- Dhs

( i didnt verify the Model Nos ,Any way they dont have a Model For 3000/- dhs or Less in Hp)
    So I cant Sugguest him to go for this option

Option # 3 Carrefour Stores
    dv4321 - Available
    dv4321 -2999/-Dhs
    Cash Back :300/- Dhs
    Total :2699/- Dhs

So, i Suggested him to buy Laptop From Carrefour.
    Hey i told him about the Cheap rates of Groceries too in Carrefour :D

16. Keith Sebastian

Keith Sebastian New Member

Firstly I never said groceries are cheap at Carrefour. :lol: Good french stuff comes at a premium.

Secondly, don't stick to my options. Get out of your house and into Dubai - the gadget mecca of this world. You'll find some of the best tech shopping can be done here.

-Keith

17. ranjithbajpe

ranjithbajpe New Member

HI me too in UAE, Basically from Mangalore, India.
    S as per me Carrefour rates are cheap provided if some promotional schemes are there.

U can try for second hand Laptops also here. Very cheap. But i dont think we can get latest processors. P3 with more than 1Ghz spees we get at 1500/-Dh (Compaq Note book) (1500Dh = Aprox 18000 Rs). S we can take one laptop wihtout paying any customs in airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.