Hardware price in Gulf sector

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keves2002

hi,

i wud like to know about threads dealing with hardware price in gulf sector especially in DUBAI other wise i wud like to start a new one as i am living in United Arab Emirates,

please Advice ... :

OP
K

keves2002

hey,

Even after one week there is no reply , is it like that no one is bothered to know the prices in GULF REGION, i hope allmost all of u have atleast one friend or relative over here..any way if i dint get any reply then i am not gonna post the prices...

waiting for the reply

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Why would any one bother to know the prices in "GULF REGION" I guess only two members are from GULF area, you and Keith Sebastian (brainac) from Doha. Most of the members buy from india or order it from their friends in US or somewhere . what i say is you stay in GULF so you must do some research there and tell us here. If this offends you, then Im sorry :|.

Kniwor

Learner
Soory friend, but most users on this forum are from india, so it is unlikely that someone can help u even if u try and maintain such a thread, u see we cant get gulf prices......

furthermore, even if prices where available, i douby most people here get anything from UAE.... so i would not be much concerned about gulf prices....

OP
K

keves2002

@charangk &
@Kniwor

Yes, i know that , thats y ask the opinion b4 posting ..any way these r the offers which saw this week in a store near to my place (Office) ...

Please let me know ur Opinion.

*www.carrefouruae.com/English/promotions-main.asp

@Chindi_Chor

Sorry Friend u r mistaken ,There r ppl in this Forum from outside INDIA also , Basically i am an INDIAN, but rt now i am living here in UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

OP
K

keves2002

@ilugd

vat do u mean by legal issues :?: please make it clear.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
no problems in bringing them to india if i want to. customs and all that stuff??

Kniwor

Learner
ilugd said:
no problems in bringing them to india if i want to. customs and all that stuff??
india govt charges customs.... which makes them costlier..... afaik
but i can be wrong.....

if anyone has detailed and concrete info on this please let us know i can get things from my friends in US then....
IT'S DAMN CHEAP THERE...............!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
K

keves2002

@ilugd

It depends, If u want in BULK u have to make the customs clearance & all, If its 4 personal use (eg: one Laptop) then u dont have to pay anthing , provided u have only the allowed quantity of the bagage with u , Even if the quantity is Little High ( Eg: 2 Laptops ) u wont face any problems in Dubai Airport , Sorry i dont know about the current situation in Indian Airports in this Case ( having 2 laptos).

@Kniwor

Ask ur friend in US to buy (vat ever u want to buy) it alteast 4-5 months before his Travel, so he can show as the used one at the airport with the bill ( in that case less/no customs duty) .

@hafees

All r Brand new , more in the store staff directly from companies offering more discounts & gifts ( like u buy laptop u will get Laptop bag + 1 gb flash drive & all)

@All
Its my pleasure to provide vat ever i can from the GULF SECTOR ,coz i like....... sory, i luv Digit & all forum members. :D

keves2002 - Why not try www.souq.com ?

I think Carrefour prices are a bit on the higher end when it comes to tech stuff. I mostly use Carrefour for groceries. :wink:

Have a look at you closest branch of Jarir Bookstore for better prices - *www.jarirbookstore.com/

Cheers,
Keith

OP
K

keves2002

@Keith Sebastian

Today my collegue asked me to get the prices of a Laptop, Lets see his Demands!

1.Centrino
2.Prefernce to HP ( i think he's a HP fan Like Me)
3.Budget :: 3000 Dhs

Option #1 souq.com:: I didnt Find a Brand New HP Laptop in souq.com...Search contionus ........

Option #2 Jarrirbookstore.com:: They have only 1 Outlet Across the country (UAE) ..its in Abu Dhabi ..too far from my place( Sharjah), They Didnt mention the prices in the Website where the UAE products Mentioned , So i decided to make a phone call , Lets see the Responce from their Store!

5 Models Available with Them From HP
dv1446 - 4590/- Dhs
dv1494 - 5540/- Dhs
dv4391 - 5040/- Dhs
dv4381 - 4540/- Dhs
dv1591 - 4790/- Dhs

( i didnt verify the Model Nos ,Any way they dont have a Model For 3000/- dhs or Less in Hp)
So I cant Sugguest him to go for this option

Option # 3 Carrefour Stores
dv4321 - Available
dv4321 -2999/-Dhs
Cash Back :300/- Dhs
Total :2699/- Dhs

So, i Suggested him to buy Laptop From Carrefour.
Hey i told him about the Cheap rates of Groceries too in Carrefour :D

Firstly I never said groceries are cheap at Carrefour. :lol: Good french stuff comes at a premium.

Secondly, don't stick to my options. Get out of your house and into Dubai - the gadget mecca of this world. You'll find some of the best tech shopping can be done here.

-Keith

ranjithbajpe

Journeyman
HI me too in UAE, Basically from Mangalore, India.
S as per me Carrefour rates are cheap provided if some promotional schemes are there.

U can try for second hand Laptops also here. Very cheap. But i dont think we can get latest processors. P3 with more than 1Ghz spees we get at 1500/-Dh (Compaq Note book) (1500Dh = Aprox 18000 Rs). S we can take one laptop wihtout paying any customs in airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom