Harddrive is dead or not working?

baladity

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends,

I have got one problem in my pc. i have installed two seagate 500 gb internal hard drive and it works fine for 1 year. last week when i format and install dual boot on my first drive by windows 7 32 bit and second drive windows 7 64 bit.
yesterday, when i open my computer my second drive do not display in boot menu and hang to booting. when i disconnect my second hard drive windwos work fine. but when i connect my second hard drive it hang or stop to work.:cry:
i have my important document in my second hard drive. so any body help me please to resolve this problem.

thanks for advance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
the bootloader is probably is on first drive. and probably the bootloader on second drive is probably interfering. cant the 2 nd drive run alone. run a linux live distro to recover files to a flash drive or external hdd. then format your computer again with both drives. be sure to delete all present partitions and make new partitions accordingly to install windows. only format after recovering your files.

if second hdd is empty(has no OS) only use live distro to save files. dont install windows.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi friends,

I have got one problem in my pc. i have installed two seagate 500 gb internal hard drive and it works fine for 1 year. last week when i format and install dual boot on my first drive by windows 7 32 bit and second drive windows 7 64 bit.
yesterday, when i open my computer my second drive do not display in boot menu and hang to booting. when i disconnect my second hard drive windwos work fine. but when i connect my second hard drive it hang or stop to work.:cry:
i have my important document in my second hard drive. so any body help me please to resolve this problem.

thanks for advance.

use one drive as master & another as slave so that OS will boot from master..
u must have messed up the bootloader thats y this problem occured...

make the drive which hanging as slave...

if second hdd is empty(has no OS) only use live distro to save files. dont install windows.
his 2nd HDD has win 7 x64 installed...

CA50

Cyborg Agent
you can link the windows installation on the second HDD with the boot loader of the first one using EasyBCD

OP
B

baladity

Right off the assembly line
the bootloader is probably is on first drive. and probably the bootloader on second drive is probably interfering. cant the 2 nd drive run alone. run a linux live distro to recover files to a flash drive or external hdd. then format your computer again with both drives. be sure to delete all present partitions and make new partitions accordingly to install windows. only format after recovering your files.

i boot my computer using linux live cd but it also doesn't show second hard drive. please help..

Top Bottom