Hard drive too slow

sandeep410

Journeyman
My hard drive os too slow when on normal mode but it runs ok on safe mode.
But in normal mode its too slow always hangs.What is problem

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You are most probably virus infected. Scan with an updated anti virus or use this online antivirus HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA
also make sure your startup is not bloated. Reduce startup programs using Ccleaner. Post a screenshot of task manager if possible.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Or, reinstall OS with a good anti-virus & don't fill up your C:\ drive. And also mention the amount of RAM which your PC presently have.

There is no problem with HDD.

Sara757

Right off the assembly line
Its a formated hard drive.Ram is 2GB

Hi sandeep410,

what is the size of your hard drive? What is the size of your OS partition? how many partition you have? all these matters. If you have 320 GB hard drive with 2 partition 160 GB each. It means your OS partition size is 160 GB. so system booting will take time. Reduce the OS partition size.

And if your OS partition is full with data then again your system will get slow.

It means do not fill OS partition full. Also check for bad sectors and viruses.

OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
160GB fully formated drive.The drive was too slow so i went ahead with another format,now i cant pass the mother board logo screen 70% of time.I have couple of other 500gb hard disk which i tried and even they cant pass logo screen at all.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
unplug all pc parts that don't require pc to start: dvd drive, lan card, gpu, etc & start pc. don't connect HDD. see how far it goes. if it starts ok till "no boot media" msg, try connecting a HDD or try running a live linux cd.

PS: Sorcerer gave me this idea. all credit to him.

OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
unplug all pc parts that don't require pc to start: dvd drive, lan card, gpu, etc & start pc. don't connect HDD. see how far it goes. if it starts ok till "no boot media" msg, try connecting a HDD or try running a live linux cd.

PS: Sorcerer gave me this idea. all credit to him.
It starts faster wehn i remove everything but when i plug 1HDD and DVD drive it gets slower again.I can run linux cd.

Top Bottom