Hard-disk tooooooooooo slowwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
i just brought a seagate 250gb sataII harddisk. its toooo slow when i copy anything from or to it......... its takes almost half an hour to copy just 300mb. i already have a 160gb seagate harddisk and its very fast when compared to this. wat might be the problem guyss......... is it sumthing with the harddisk or any other problem???????????????

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
What is the System Config ??

One thing I personally noticed that When Buying new HDD, always for the 1st time do a full Format of the Drive before using, as it gives better performace, so try running a full format of the entire drive (not Quick Format) and then test with NTFS partition... also please post the details of ur full system config....

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
config:
intel core2duo e6300
intel dg965ss mobo
samsung 160gb sataII, seagate 160gb sataII, seagate 250gb sataII, samsung 80gb pata
leadtek 7300le 256mb
1gb ddrII

how to enable udma

i tried full formatting also.... no use yaar....i partitioned it as three 77gb drives.... do u think it is the problem.... plz help

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
not sure what is exactly UDMA.. i think u mean DMA (direct memory access)

also, i have noticd that windows 98 , ME take a lot of time as they have some different kind of file transfer engine.. use windows xp for best results

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Go to Device Manager

Now nagivate to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

un-install all entry under that, when done, restart, system will auto metically reset the UDMA :D

*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/dfb8a09f14.jpg

Note, In my case its Nvidia in ur case it would be Intel Controllers... and restart after u un-install all :p

Sawmendra

Right off the assembly line
george101 said:
config:
intel core2duo e6300
intel dg965ss mobo
samsung 160gb sataII, seagate 160gb sataII, seagate 250gb sataII, samsung 80gb pata
leadtek 7300le 256mb
1gb ddrII

how to enable udma

i tried full formatting also.... no use yaar....i partitioned it as three 77gb drives.... do u think it is the problem.... plz help

Connect your Pata 80 gb to secondery channel dont connect anything to primary channel and try.

your smps watt????

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
For all that there is to know, it may just as well be a hard drive, hardware problem.
Try replacing it with another harddrive.
Given the situation, even if we consider that you do no have DMA on or did ,Quick formatting the disk, still 300mb in half an hr is slower than any old CD rom drive in PIO mode ,forget this being a harddisk.
Please have it changed and see if the same thing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom