Hard Disk Sound Leads To Hanging Help !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
from two three days i am finding that sometime my harddisk creates a sound like this "tarak" "tarak" seems like any metal is beating the hard disk

and the hell is that whenevr the sound comes my comp hangs for 5-6 seconds

the length of the sound is "2-3" seconds

whenver the sound comes my computer hangs but comes again after 10-20 seconds

Help me Yaar

sometimes even the sound goes on tarak tarak tarak tarak tarak and contimues and my comp gets hanged for 40-50 seonds

plz help

:cry:

digen

Youngling
Is this sound like "clicking".
My suggestion would be to first backup all your data & then make sure its indeed from the hard drive.When it comes to failing hard drives there are no second chances to backup your data.

Try enabling S.M.A.R.T from the BIOS & see if it gives any indication of a failing drive.

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
well is there any risk

yes the sound is clicking sound

also

enabling S.M.A.R.T will tell me when the hard disk is going to crash ? how will it tell me i mean in which interface

digen

Youngling
Dude if you are sure its the "clicking" sound then backup your data first.Copy or clone the drive using disk imaging software & then try what its undergoing.

Yes,enabling S.M.A.R.T will in most cases inform you of the state of the hard drive[i.e it predicts the drive of any failures occur in the near future & thereby ask you to backup your data or replace to a new hard drive]

Try out Active S.M.A.R.T/url] for a windows GUI alternative to S.M.A.R.T from BIOS.

how will it tell me i mean in which interface
Enable S.M.A.R.T on the drive which is failing on you.Try with active smart first if no such option exists in the BIOS.

q3_abhi

Youngling
You will get a message at the boot up. Something SMART failure detected. I get this problem everytime as my disk has developed some bad sectors but it's working fine.

Back up ur data n format ur hard disk with DM - Disk manager.

krish

Journeyman
This happened to my older HDD. But I was lucky that it was in the warrenty. I got it replaced. expertno.1 I'm sorry but I think your HDD is in its last stages!!

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey hey but many times the clicking sound doesn't comes like this time i am posting there is no sound from the beginnign of the booting process

also

i have enabled S.M.A.R.T

will backup my data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom