hard disk problem...

addy

Broken In
i recently started getting this message every 5- 10 mins..... have never seen anything like this so its kinda suspicious..... is it really a windows message??

mrintech

Technomancer
Unless you have malicous code generating the error, you may have some bad sectors on the disk which is causing system errors every time the computer tries to access files located on those sectors.

Open My Computer (or Windows Explorer), right-click the drive icon and choose properties. Switch to the tools tab and click “check now” under Error checking.

OP
A

addy

Broken In
so is there any way to solve this problem...?? use some software or something ?? this hard disk is just 2 months old... and i think why all this happent.... cos my UPS is not working properly... whenever there is a fluctuation in voltage my pc shuts down.. so its like 15 times a day cos my pc is turned on 24x7...

OP
A

addy

Broken In
Hard Disk is 2 Month OLD? - Get it replaced with a NEW One :)
um.. So you mean that i can get it replaced with a new one.??? cos as far as i know they dont give a new disk./.. they change your disk with another one(that is not a new one but already used but in working condition...)... + i dont have any problems with this disk till now only this stupid message popping up every 5 mins that's all... no decrease in speed not even one single file corrupted...
Ran different tests too but none stated that there is any problems with the disk... then how am i supposed to convince the guys sitting behind the desk who will replace it..???

mrintech

Technomancer
Have you done a Complete System Scan using Kaspersky/Bitdefender etc. with latest definitions? - The error message seems legit, but it may be triggered by some malware too

If after running SCANDISK and complete system SCAN, if you are getting the same error, then THERE IS INDEED SOME SORT OF PROBLEM with your HDD

Also try connecting the HDD to some other PC externally

Tech&ME

Banned
Which harddisk is it ?
If Seagate, download DiskWizard or Seatools from Seagate.com and check the harddisk.
(this program also works with WD harddisk)

Third Party programs may not perform the real check when the system is running.

Also check if S.M.A.R.T is giving any errors.

Try to disable S.M.A.R.T from BIOS and see if you are getting the same errors or not.

tkin

Back to school!!
so is there any way to solve this problem...?? use some software or something ?? this hard disk is just 2 months old... and i think why all this happent.... cos my UPS is not working properly... whenever there is a fluctuation in voltage my pc shuts down.. so its like 15 times a day cos my pc is turned on 24x7...
Get this tool: HD Tune website

First, look under S.M.A.R.T monitoring, if you see any red or yellow field tell us its name, better yet, take a screenshot by clicking the screenshot icon on top of the tool and post here.

Then, do error scanning(full mode, not quick mode), let it complete, takes time. Post the result screen here.

OP
A

addy

Broken In
Get this tool: HD Tune website

First, look under S.M.A.R.T monitoring, if you see any red or yellow field tell us its name, better yet, take a screenshot by clicking the screenshot icon on top of the tool and post here.

Then, do error scanning(full mode, not quick mode), let it complete, takes time. Post the result screen here.
a bit confusing.... one test says my disk got bad sectors... and the other showed all sectors green and in good health... um.. :?::?::?:

tkin

Back to school!!
a bit confusing.... one test says my disk got bad sectors... and the other showed all sectors green and in good health... um.. :?::?::?:
Yes, your hdd is dying, when sectors get damaged, your hdd remaps to them to some reserve sectors so no error appears under scanning, but the errors continue to grow and after some remapping your hdd runs out of reserve sectors and the hdd finally dies, take a backup fast and replace your hdd asap.

Top Bottom