Hard Disk Problem. Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 40 GB Samsung SP4002H hard idsk. Due to some problem, it has got corrupted and i can neither add anything to the drive and can neither delete nething from it!!! Even formatting doesnt help. when i refresh the drive, all the files come back again! what is happening? plz help.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
This is surely due to bad sectors. I think ur HDD has been subjected to physical damage(includes small impacts or maybe if u moved it while working). The disc has been corrupted. U can see the file, but cannot open/delete/move/view properties etc and navigating through folders will be much more slower...Ur HDD has failed. Get it to the cervise centre if within warranty period. Dont tell them that it has been subjected to physical damage as them might refuse to replace if due to our fault. Just tell them dat something is wrong with the HDD and please have a check.

harssh

Right off the assembly line
This started some days ago....Earlier it was working fine
My 40 GB maxtor disk fails to start from hibernate.On normal booting there is no problem faced.On waking from hibernate it stops working mid way.

loosing all my unsaved data due to this.help me plz...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try HDD pro software. Its free for 30 days. It can be found on some of those Digit DVDs. It could accurately moniter the current HDD health and perfomance. If the health ststus is below 10%, probably there is nothin to do as warranty is expired.

vasukibk_bangalore

Hi,

Gone thru with ur query.

Try this if u can shell out some money & if u really have some important data on the harddisk & if u want that particular HDD on ur system.

Get ur drive checked by a service centre, for physical drive integrety(check of ckt of HDD electronics ) & magnetization data pole check(check of head to produce exact magnetization poles for storing ones & zeros). This is done if any physical damage is done on platter of the disk or if by any chance head comes in contact of the platter directly(usually head comes in contact by pole magnetizing element which is the tip of metallic head).

This is done most of Seagates centres but i am not sure what commercial name they have for this test. So cantact ur SAMSUNG centre for this.

This is a quite costly process & i would suggest that if drive & data is not important go for a new one b'coz two such drives can come for the price of the test & recovery. The recovered data will be given on a CD/DVD.

Think & invest
Bye

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Its maybe because you have badsectors...Run a scandisk from Dos mode..This is sure to help..Helped me once.

phatratt

In the zone
if it has permanent bad sectors,then its difficult to recover.Try low-level formatting by using samsung utilities(similar to segate disk manager)from their website.

deepnitr

Maybe it is time for the HDD to fail. Just backup your important data to CD DVD or another Harddrive and then run any above mentioned software or do a low-level format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom