Hard Disk goes for a ride and crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitm_001

Broken In
On Friday night, irritated with my hopeless quasi-broadband I organised my music and videos. I found out that I was running out of space on my E partition (music, video partition) I decided to use PowerQuest Partition Magic 8 to reallocate some space from c(windows/prog files) to E. To tell you the truth, I slept while the resizing was being done and maybe hibernated the system before falling flat. Next morning, after hearing my board results (ya, my Sify BB was still taking out on me) where English ruined a dream 95% CBSE 12 result, I came back , fired up Partition Magic and deleted the partitions carrying Ubuntu and its swap. Next, I moved to check some file in D which has My Documents and everything else that I have created and can't be found on internet was corrupt. The folders are being shown as a few kb unknown file types. A couple of folders - My Documents which I had moved to D can be opened but, their data is corrupted. Windows XP checkdisk is not able to fix the issue and hangs up. I have heard /possibly read in Digit that this problem of mine can be solved by data recovery. My techie bros, common guys. Tell me a way how I can retrieve my data.

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Data is completely damaged. You sud back all of your data before resizing specific partition.

Umhum. . .noway to get back ur data, u sud contact hdd experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom