hard disk geometry problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikas_r_s

Broken In
hi everyone,
when i try to reinstall win xp pro it says that it doesn't have any drivers for mass storage drive.if i continue installation, after rebooting the pc the os refuses to load and only way to start it is to format hard disk and install xp all again.Help me, please.
My configuration is p-4 1.7Hz processor,mercury motherboard,40GB Seagate hard disk,win xp pro OS and 128mb sdram.
(when i try to install free BSD,it reports a disk geometry problem.).

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Have you tried setting your hard disk settings in BIOS to 'Auto' ? The values may be manually set with the wrong values.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Linux can sometimes report disk geometry problems at installation, but those can usually be fixed with a simple edit to the config files. As for Windows XP installation, can you confirm if the driver failure is for mass storage driver or for USB mass storage driver? In either case, the fault usually either lies with a corrupted CD or a corrupted hard disk. You can try doing a low-level format on your hard disk and then retry the installation, or run a disk-diag tool (can be found on Ultimate Boot CD) and check for disk damage. Alternatively, try installing from another known-good Windows setup disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom