hard disk crash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant197

Broken In
today i got an error "non system disk replace the disk and press enter"i understood that somehow i have lost my windows when i tried to reinstall xp i saw that even all my partitions were gonewhich means that i have lost all my datai created the partition from there only that is from windows xp's cd only and tried to install on it on c drive but it gave an error that it was not able to copy some filei tried installing xp from that cd on my friends computer and it got installed successfully which means that my hard disk has crashedso pls tell me how to repair iti dont want any recovery of my data i only want my hard disk to be repairedso pls help me out...............

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U've done three mistakes,

1>Mis-interpretation of the error message: That error doesn't mean ur XP is gone, it CAN also mean some loose cable, RAM issue etc. If posted at the first time, I would have asked you to try those first. Re-install comes at the last phase of sorting a windows issue

2>Format error. While formating and creating partitions u've wrongly (I guess so) selected large disk support or something similar which takes the whole drive and installs OS.

3>Actually formating it rather trying to recover ur data first. U should have tried recovering ur data first rather just re-installing OS.

What u should do now.

1>Forget about recovering ur data. They are gone!
2>Unplug all cables that goes into ur HDD, DVD Writer etc and re-connect
3>Change RAM slots.
4>Remove CMOS battery and reinsert after a while (2-3 mins)
5>Clean ur DVD ROM lens.

Best of luck.

P.S. Ur HDD has not crashed yet.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
1st. IF .... there was a RAM issue the pc would give 3 beeps and not boot up...at all

2nd. this happens only if you have a corrupt hard disk . a trashed boot loader or a non-bootable drive in the primary boot up drive

3rd. to fix this try running the pc without any disk / floppy drives in your pc .. if the problem still persists... get a windows cd run recovery mode and type fixmbr in the command prompt

if all fails ... your hard disk has gone kaput ... additionally as a safety measure make sure you check the Booting options from your Motherboard BIOS

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
well you can still recover your data if you've formatted the drive, Try EASEUS. Works very well but you gotta pay for full functionality. make sure you rule out simpler possibilities before you jump to formatting next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom