Hard disc not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by surenther.ss, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surenther.ss

surenther.ss New Member

Hai Friends

I am using Compaq Presario SR1512IL Desktop PC the following is the specification

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...4728&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_INEN

In my PC they gave 40GB harddisc with that i have added 160GB sata harddisc i works fine for nearly 1 year after that i started creating problem i have tested my 160GB hard disc with seagate hard disc checking software it gets failed in some tests so i have changed my hard disc now i got the new one

Here is the problem i am using XP i have installed XP in 40GB hard disc some time this new 160GB sata hard disc was not detected in XP i have checked in bios its get detected and also if i run the smart test form bios some times its getting failed some times its working fine.. when the smart test become pass XP is able to detect that hard disc but after some times again that hard disc get vanish inside XP

Please help me.. I have to know weather it is hard disc problem or my system problem i have changed my hard disc before 5months only

Waiting for your valuable replies

2. satyamy

satyamy Alive Again...

try to change Power Cable of HDD and/or SATA Cable of HDD

the other thing can be - ur PC looks too old so may be ur motherboard is feeling tired and needs to get retired

3. CA50

CA50 Active Member

yeh try the power and sata cable, ur power unit might be the culprit, for providing low power. check that too

4. cosmos

cosmos New Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Power prblm or dusty old motherboard or loose HDD cable....Chk all of these...One should solve ur prblm....

Cheers,
    Anup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.