Happy Birthday Virus Hit windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish646

Right off the assembly line
This time again a virus hit windows.I would like it to call the happy birthday virus.This virus is called Happy birthday virus because it displays a message happy birthday again and again before crashing your system.
This is a pretty strong virus with the feature that this virus is a strong boot sector Virus. Once this virus activates it will surely going to change the boot sector of your windows operating system. It deletes the boot loader NTLDR file of the windows and rest you all knows what is going to happen.
Windows it will not be able to start.
SO all you windows geeks try to avoid this virus.
Above all the need of formatting the disks will arise so make sure that you save your data in advance in any secure drive.
This virus is coming via pen drives and may also come through network as I am not able to see all its capabilities.
All the computer geeks are required to submit their posts and expierience with this new virus and also please notify any technique to avoid this virus.
Happy Birthday is going to chnage the windows computing for sometime so make sure that you not insert pen drives without proper scaning and knowledge.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
SOme guy is creating many many users and bumping old(I mean it) threads

Maybe this is another one doing the same KIND of thing

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
One of my frieinds computer is already got affectd with this.........

a HAPPY BIRTHDAY msg is always thr in d screen.........

how to get rid of this virus..........he use AVG8....n updates regularly...........
avg8 is unable 2 detect d virus...........

so.....plz help........

NucleusKore

TheSaint
One of my frieinds computer is already got affectd with this.........

a HAPPY BIRTHDAY msg is always thr in d screen.........

how to get rid of this virus..........he use AVG8....n updates regularly...........
avg8 is unable 2 detect d virus...........

so.....plz help........

*www.f-secure.com/v-descs/birthday.shtml

OP
manish646

manish646

the most impaortant thing about that virus is that it does not affect windows vista
only xp

OP
manish646

manish646

hi guys i am working at the netwrok where i have to deal with lopts of computers and i came to know that this happy birthday virus only attacks the ntldr file that is only present in the windows xp not in vista so surely vista remains unaffected
I have seen a vista running happy birthday but that remain unaffected after the restart. Thus the VISTA IS MUCH MORE SECURE THAN XP.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
almost 5 years back i 've seen the same kind of the virus displaying on screen where u click anything, it just popped on the screen. I hope u aren't talking about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom