da' Ťurntable ruleth
tarey_g said:
gamefreak14 said:
techno_funky said:
hmmm would go down to the market
buy the game
install it
ENJOY!!!!
Techno, you forgot - connect, and wait till their 'authentication' gets the better of you. Unless, ofcourse, you have a T1 connection @ home.
Well if HL3 releases, then ValVe will realise that Steam sucks, that online distribution of games is pathetic and that the consumer must be given a hard copy of whatever he buys. .

i dont think techno is bit worried abt the authantication part , no one is ....

reason????? well everyone knows that. :D

LOL!!! do i need to say anything more!!!! :p
but surely will "BUY" "HALF LIFE 2" once a i get a decent system
:)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
no...more like X600 and X800 from ATi t play those :p Remem ATi and Valve are partners. And seeing how long they took to release HL2 I am not holding my breath for HL3. All those thinking of E3 and HL3 somehow knowing Valves quest for near perfection for thier games I dont think this will happen any time soon.

Lets keep it simple:
Consider the situation:
You enjoy HL
You like playin it
You wanna play the latest version of the game
Conclusion:
Go buy the game (if itz there) (& if u have the cash)
AND................
ENJOY!

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
icecoolz said:
no...more like X600 and X800 from ATi t play those :p Remem ATi and Valve are partners. And seeing how long they took to release HL2 I am not holding my breath for HL3. All those thinking of E3 and HL3 somehow knowing Valves quest for near perfection for thier games I dont think this will happen any time soon.
Well said icecoolz, I just forgot that ATi and Valve are partners.
I correct myself =>
"Well I guess again the whole world will have to swich over to X600 and X800 from ATi just to play those games."

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
What would you require to play HL3? May be a computer equivalent to a super-computer or a semi-super-computer???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
HL3 will most probably run on the same Source engine as HL2, and all that will be done is probably a few tweaks and modifications, and it should pretty much remain more or less than HL2 itself. I would guess something along the lines of:
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
512MB RAM
128MB video card with DXNext support
5.1 channel audio / EAX
for the minimum system requirements and something along:
Pentium 4 3 GHz / AMD FX-53
1GB RAM
256MB video card with DXNext support
7.1 channel audio
for its recommended system requirements. No supercomputers, just a bit up from the HL2 requirements projected to the year 2007.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ppl...remember Valve took 6 years to release HL2...dont expect HL3 until 2010....they take a looooooooooooonnnnnnng time 2 release their games....although they do make masterpieces once they release em....

@enoonmai: i think u have given a very conservative estimate...:lol: seeing where the hardware industry is going, if HL2 is out by arnd 2010, it will need much more computing horsepower....of ocurse if they manage 2 get it out by 2007, then ur sys reqs listed r more or less what i expect....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Nah, man, Valve took that much time to develop the majority of the Source engine, and by the looks of it, HL3 will most probably run on Source with a few minor modifications. So that drastically cuts the engine development cycle and pushes the game development forward. All they gotta do is tweak the engine, create the models/textures, scripts and then tie them all together with a storyline, test it a few times and then go gold. So, dont worry, it wont take more than 2-3 years at the most. My guess is that we will be seeing Half-Life 3 videos at E3 next year and will have the game out in early to mid-2007, probably coinciding at or around the RtCW2 launch. Who knows, Newell and Lombardi may just pull their socks up and release it to time with the Quake 4 launch, although I dont suppose they would be doing that. So, you see, the hardware estimate was for 2007, not 2010. :D Plus, being optimistic never hurt anyone. I am judging my logic based on the time its taking Q4 to come out after Doom 3, since its based on the same engine with a few tweaks. :D

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
enoonmai said:
HL3 will most probably run on the same Source engine as HL2, and all that will be done is probably a few tweaks and modifications, and it should pretty much remain more or less than HL2 itself. I would guess something along the lines of:
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
512MB RAM
5.1 channel audio / EAX
1GB RAM
7.1 channel audio
for its recommended system requirements. No supercomputers, just a bit up from the HL2 requirements projected to the year 2007.

A gaming engine has effect on system requiremements, but using the same gaming engine may not mean the same system requirements. There are thousands of parameters to be taken into consideration.

First of all, it depends upon the levels or the room, the details and complexity of it, the number of polygons in a model and the highly detail application of textures on those models.

Moreover, behind the scenes there millions of calculations going on depending on the number of total dimensions and statistics like health, armor, velocity, height and so on and to develop gameplay and make things realistic, *www.geocities.com/tritium_studios/valve.gif will have to add more of these which will further intensify calculations which will take a toll on the FPU, ALU and thus the clock rating and memory.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
enoonmai said:
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
512MB RAM
5.1 channel audio / EAX
1GB RAM
7.1 channel audio

A gaming engine has effect on system requiremements, but using the same gaming engine may not mean the same system requirements. There are thousands of parameters to be taken into consideration.

First of all, it depends upon the levels or the room, the details and complexity of it, the number of polygons in a model and the highly detail application of textures on those models.

Moreover, behind the scenes there millions of calculations going on depending on the number of total dimensions and statistics like health, armor, velocity, height and so on and to develop gameplay and make things realistic, *www.geocities.com/tritium_studios/valve.gif will have to add more of these which will further intensify calculations which will take a toll on the FPU, ALU and thus the clock rating and memory.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Come on, man, we know our graphics stuff around here. :D No lessons needed, thank you very much! And no one said that its gonna be the same system requirements. Those were "approximate" requirements I made up for the year 2007. HL2 has a minimum system requirement of a 1.2GHz processor, 256MB RAM, DX7.0 graphics card and 2.4GHz processor, 512MB RAM, DX9.0 graphics card for Recommended Requirements. So setting a 2.4GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM as minimum for 2007 is hardly pushing it to the limits. After all, you dont suppose everyone will be pushing 4GHz+ processors, 4GB of RAM, 512MB video cards and 1TB hard drives in the next 2 years, do you? :D

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
enoonmai said:
Come on, man, we know our graphics stuff around here. :D No lessons needed, thank you very much! And no one said that its gonna be the same system requirements. Those were "approximate" requirements I made up for the year 2007. HL2 has a minimum system requirement of a 1.2GHz processor, 256MB RAM, DX7.0 graphics card and 2.4GHz processor, 512MB RAM, DX9.0 graphics card for Recommended Requirements. So setting a 2.4GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM as minimum for 2007 is hardly pushing it to the limits. After all, you dont suppose everyone will be pushing 4GHz+ processors, 4GB of RAM, 512MB video cards and 1TB hard drives in the next 2 years, do you? :D

I wasn't replying to your 'approximate system requirements', I was replying to your 'same as HL2' comment. ::No bAd Feelings:: :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hehe i would love it if they released HL3 in 2007....but i cant seem 2 imagine that they will release that early...also, methinks they will come up with some expansion packs 4 HL2 rather than release HL3 so soon...im sure they will wanna cash in on the success of HL2 like they did with HL (opposing force, blue shift, etc.)
any news on Q4 though???? some screenies were released but nothing substantial yet....i hope my system will run Q4 *prays*

BTW, Doom 3 RoE comes out April 4...i have it on pre-order :wink: i have high expectations frm that game...damn...i sidetracked.... :lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@rohan: No hard feelings at all, mate. We're just discussing it here, its not like Valve is gonna go through this stuff or anything, right? :D They only listen to what we scream at Steampowered.com.

@Nemesis: D'Oh! Mmmm, RoE! Man, living in NY definitely has its advantages. :D But talking about expansion packs for HL2, the only thing I can think of is an expansion that features Col. Adrian Shepard cleaning up in Freeman's wake. You cant expansions with Barney or Alyx. They would just be too weird, plus the storylines would merge, so it would nearly be the same as HL2, unless of course, they do a pre-HL2 expansion with these characters tying in the stories of HL and HL2 together.

DKant

In the zone
...pre-HL2 expansion with these characters tying in the stories of HL and HL2 together.
That wld be nice. Particularly if it cld be bundled with pre-HL2 system requirements..:D lol.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yea i would love them 2 somehow tie up HL and HL2...or mebbe an expansion pack that leads into HL3....i did not like the HL2 ending...so abrupt and wierd...i wanna have DOG with me if there is an expansion...he seems like such a gr8 sidekick :wink: better than any other :lol:

if they did do an expansion pack with Alyx, it could b like a parallel storyline...i guess it would b interesting though...

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
How about :

Half Life 3 : Blue Shift 2

OR

Half Life 3 : Opposing Forces 2

Just like NFS6 : HP2

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
What about an expansion pack with the game from the PoV of the Combine Soilders? Hell, if they wish, they can make a kiddies Half Life game too featuring Dog! Now that one would be intresting isin't it? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom