Hackintosh under 50k

flyingcow

Shibe
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:All the latest games. BF3, Farcry 3, Crysis series.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k Max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:As it is a Hackintosh im planning win 7 and any latest version of osx

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb-1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:All

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Feb

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Will build this.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:buying from anywhere

Naxal

Little Kid
Buy the MacMini @ 38k
Buy a Display supporting MacMini @ 12k
Buy a Desktop (CPU Only) -> increase budget :p
Buy a KVM Switch

Sorry for off-topic suggestion :)

as Apple is all out the experience and I dont think that real experience can ever come with Hakintosh :(

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Buy the MacMini @ 38k
Buy a Display supporting MacMini @ 12k
Buy a Desktop (CPU Only) -> increase budget :p
Buy a KVM Switch

Sorry for off-topic suggestion :)

as Apple is all out the experience and I dont think that real experience can ever come with Hakintosh :(

I too say that you should be getting a Mac Mini. But I doubt that If you can play the games you mentioned in a Mac Mini. For experiencing Mac OS, get a Mac Mini without a second thought.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
@Naxal,
As you say, to buy different rigs
but if i buy mac mini at 38k, i wouldnt have enough budget for the gaming pc
and what would really be the difference in using a real mini and a hackintosh as they both would have the same os but just different looks, and a hakintosh will have more power than a regular mac mini

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@Naxal,
and what would really be the difference in using a real mini and a hackintosh as they both would have the same os but just different looks, and a hakintosh will have more power than a regular mac mini

So, You want to assemble a PC, with a GPU of your choice, running Macintosh to experience Mac OS and play the games you mentioned. Am i right?

red dragon

Master troll
Buy a mini and a good monitor.
Hackintosh is too much of hassle and not really worth the time and effort.

Naxal

Little Kid
@Naxal,

you can always try hakintosh in your present computer / laptop also.

problem is, already said by some, its too much of hassle, on top, you really cant never have the feel which OS X will offer in a proper mac..

Yes, budget is really a concern, but at the end of the day, its always your choice..

@Naxal,

you can always try hakintosh in your present computer / laptop also.

problem is, already said by some, its too much of hassle, on top, you really cant never have the feel which OS X will offer in a proper mac..

Yes, budget is really a concern, but at the end of the day, its always your choice..

_AkasH_

Broken In
I'm currently running Mac in a VM and it's slow. I've allocated 2 cores and 4GB RAM.

Hackintosh is too much trouble especially if you want to game on it too. You will be buying 6xxx AMDs or 670 or 680 NVidia cards and will be very restricted in your choice of motherboards too (Gigabyte only, although people have been running Hackintosh on Asus boards).

Are you running any Mac specific software? Can't you use Windows or Linux equivalents of it?

Unless you're coding for iPhone/Mac, I don't think you need a Mac.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@ shah
Absolutely,
Want to experience mac os and use it for video editing
And want Windows for gaming

Mac OS experience and gaming, both at 50k? You won't get it both for sure. You have to sacrifice any one.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Here's the config that'll suffice your need. All the components are OSX(Hackintosh compatible).
Enjoy
Hackintosh config.JPG

bobbyndd

Broken In
The real Mac OX experience comes from the hardware. For example Apple got a better display compared to PC with a combination of the monitor and a better color management utility called colorsync. Even without retina display, Mac excels PC display ( with best configuration ). If you install Hackintosh, you may run into driver issues. If you go for an Mac Mini, you won't be able to install Windows 7 on Mac Mini ( there is an inbuild dual OS option in Mac OS X called bootcamp). If you can spend some more bucks, go for an iMac. Yes, it will make a hole in your wallet but you can install windows 7 and enjoy your games. If your budget is limited to 50K, stick with Windows and installing Mac OX on PC will be an experiment. I personally dont like Mac OS X, and trust me with my hands on experience from Mac OS X 10.5 to the latest version 10.8 Mountain Lion, Windows is better.

Sorry, if it is off topic :-(

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
The real Mac OX experience comes from the hardware. For example Apple got a better display compared to PC with a combination of the monitor and a better color management utility called colorsync. Even without retina display, Mac excels PC display ( with best configuration ). :-(
Definitely the "Mac" Experience is combination of Hardware+OS but the hardware provided by Apple for the price is not at all worth it (I work on Mac Pros 8 core & 12 core systems). The colorsync utility is no big deal, big deal is the monitor, the 27" Cinema display costs more than 3 times to a normal 27" LED but it is amazing(again not worth the money spent), the same quality is provided by some Korean manufacturers as they use the same panel which apple uses, LG's panels..but I don't know where you'd find these displays in India, may be ebay.

If you install Hackintosh, you may run into driver issues.:-(
You're not wrong about that, there are driver issues but that's the only reason why one is suppose to use specific components, components that work.

I personally dont like Mac OS X, and trust me with my hands on experience from Mac OS X 10.5 to the latest version 10.8 Mountain Lion, Windows is better. .:-(
Common man! It is a good OS, it has got some awesome features that windows lack right now. Hey I'm not a fan of OSX either, its just that I admire the simplicity of the OS.
And I love windows.

bobbyndd

Broken In
@ritwiksondhi , the last point was my personal opinion and yes, the Mac OS X is simple. But is has a lot of feature limitations. Apple has succeeded in hiding these limitations by giving some new features, mainly on hardware ( like thunderbolt port ) which is not available for PCs and makes their users feel that they are "Smart" than the PC users. My advise to dotEXE is that if you are looking for this "smartness" factor by installing a Hackintosh, please check Apple forums where you can find thousands of users complaining about the Mac OS X limitations.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
@ritwiksondhi , the last point was my personal opinion and yes, the Mac OS X is simple. But is has a lot of feature limitations. Apple has succeeded in hiding these limitations by giving some new features, mainly on hardware ( like thunderbolt port ) which is not available for PCs and makes their users feel that they are "Smart" than the PC users. My advise to dotEXE is that if you are looking for this "smartness" factor by installing a Hackintosh, please check Apple forums where you can find thousands of users complaining about the Mac OS X limitations.

The only unavoidable limiting factor with Mac OSX is the choice of hardware, which is the only reason why Apple has been able to sell at premium price. As far as hardware features are concerned, you can get each every piece of hardware that a Mac computer has on your PC and that includes Thunderbolt, Intel owns the rights for thunderbolt and hence its available on many motherboards for intel processors. The same thing goes for anything else.
OP wants to try Mac OSX..nothing wrong with that, if his experience goes well (which I suppose is very much possible) then good, if not then even better he can easily switch to windows. Hackintosh has its benefits, you're not bound with just one OS.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Thank you guys for all your replys, by most of the suggestions, i think hackintosh is not a good idea, i will stick to Windows, YAY!

Top Bottom