h@S THE NEW SKOAR! FOR MARCH BEEN RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
can anyone forward a mail directly to my mail box when the new issue is out.
does anyone know what is the content for the upcoming issue

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well, each to his own. IMHO, SKOAR! is the best thing to have happened to the Indian Gaming Community after the demise of CGW India.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ctrl_alt_del said:
SKOAR! is the best thing to have happened to the Indian Gaming Community after the demise of CGW India.

its true ,
but skoar is a disappointment , being the only gaming mag in India they can make money but the quality of the content is not good (i will not say poor) . most of the the reviews are really bad , when u read them they look like product catalouge instead of a review. bad really bad.

i will not compare skoar to cgw or other leading mag (as skoar has only started ) but still skoar is not even worthy to be called as a good gaming magazine . the progress in quality of the content as compared to first issue (was a full waste of my 200 rs) is really slow . :(

raj14

In Deniel
Well, SKOAR! Is not worth Rs.200, There reviews are not any where near Pc Gamer & GameSpot, Weird thing The Reviews are in Street Lanuage, and they lack depth. But what can i do, i need a daily dose of games:-( i have SKOAR!'s all published issues. There cover design is also Bizzare! just check out Gamepro's Cover at :www.gamepro.com you'll know what i mean.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Take my word. Check out the issue that will be out by the end of this month. I am damn sure it will be a rocker. Badjag wont let us down, not this time, not any time.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
well i was really depressed to read the doom3 review some time back in the digit by badriNarayan. i even posted abt it on the forum.

I have the e-subscription of CGW(computer Gaming World) and EGM(Electronic gaming monthly) from www.zinio.com and reading them is a totally diffrent experience as compared to reading reviews on net.
the issues have latest content related to gaming whereas skoar has some really old content which almost every gamer has read online many days before reading it in skoar(as i said b4 the reviews are like product catalouges really depressing).

i really hope that someday skoar matches with the standard of elite gaming mags and that day i will surely buy skoar even for some increased price.

BUT PRESENTLY BUYING IT IS TOTAL WASTE.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Maybe I am drunk. I think...nah I believe that SKOAR! can do it. Call me a fanboy. But I am sure given the time and resources, SKOAR! can best the best!

@tarey: Was the Doom 3 review by Badri a full fledged review? Or was it one like those at the end of Digit mag, sourced from SKOAR!? Beacuse one thing I am sure off and most will agree with me too, is that Badri is one of the best game reviewers here. I can't imagine him going wrong.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
allrite one more guy waiting for the latest skoar
especially after they have made an announcement
about the DVD and some improvement ive kept 200 bucks aside

raj14

In Deniel
Doom 3 review was like POP:WW's review. I have to confess, BJ is indeed one of the GREATEST(and funniest) Reviewers AROUND. But Doom 3's SKOAR! Review Was a sole dissapointment the reviewer was LaZerBleD. The Guy was A nut. His review was somethin like this: Blah, Blah, Blbd! Yada yada! Blah! Interesting? Huh.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
OK, I agree. I too didn't like the opening lines of the Doom 3 review in SKOAR! I was wondering like, where the hell is this guy getting at?
But the exhilerating feeling that I get when I get the latest issue of SKOAR! after such a long wait makes up for all its shortcomings. Like I said, call me a fanboy if you wish.

raj14

In Deniel
Same here, i have only one crib: Game Reviewed, are too old. You will agree, the premise of a "good game is indeed a good game" is pathetic. Do u have all issues? My fav issue was spring 03. Yours? The haven't reviewed BF: Vietnam yet, or WWE: Smackdown! Here comes the pain, Fanboy!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I have all the issues except the first one. For my favourite, I loved all the issues. But the one featuring HL2 is closer to my heart coz thats when they started giving out posters!

As for Gameforce, I havent read it and judging by what other people have to say about the mag, I wont be reading it any time soon either.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ctrl_alt_del said:
@tarey: Was the Doom 3 review by Badri a full fledged review? Or was it one like those at the end of Digit mag, sourced from SKOAR!? Beacuse one thing I am sure off and most will agree with me too, is that Badri is one of the best game reviewers here.

yes ,
Doom 3 review by Badri was a full fledged review .

something can not be called 'the best' if it is the 'only'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom