GUYS pls help in bulidin my new Gaming RIG !!!!!37k

anishsurve7

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming (all latest high reslolution games mostly i play FIFA)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:22k for CPU and 15k for Monitor

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes i want a monitor cum TV..budget 15k..26-32inches..watchin TV and playin games(PC games). I want a TV cum Monitor bcz if im watchin TV i can connet the Monitor to DTV connection and use it as TV.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:speaker, mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 3weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai (laminton Road)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want a AMD processor.

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
most of the person consider whole cabinet components as CPU.....
22k for CPU means processor,motherboard,caby,harddisk,dvd drive,graphics card,psu?
mention it briefly

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
CPU.PNG
Click on the link above for the configuration I suggest.
It is near about Rs.5000 above your budget but this what your requirements would cost, you can save money by going for APU series of AMD but they're nothing but Anthlons with graphic chips, and I'm not saying that they under perform, they are actually good value for money but personally I feel FX series is more value for money.
Also you can try finding lesser used hardware on classified sites like olx or quickr, and there's no harm in using a used PC component provided that its priced well and with warranty.
*Note all these prices are based on online price sheet provided by Cost to Cost, Nehru Place New Delhi

Last edited:
OP
A

anishsurve7

Broken In
most of the person consider whole cabinet components as CPU.....
22k for CPU means processor,motherboard,caby,harddisk,dvd drive,graphics card,psu?
mention it briefly

Thanks for your reply !!!
my budget 22k is for whole cabinat component...
1)Processor
2)Motherboard
3)Caby
4)DVD drive
5)Harddisk
5)Graphics card
6)Psu
7)RAM
all above 7 things should be under 22-25k !!

View attachment 7159
Click on the link above for the configuration I suggest.
It is near about Rs.5000 above your budget but this what your requirements would cost, you can save money by going for APU series of AMD but they're nothing but Anthlons with graphic chips, and I'm not saying that they under perform, they are actually good value for money but personally I feel FX series is more value for money.
Also you can try finding lesser used hardware on classified sites like olx or quickr, and there's no harm in using a used PC component provided that its priced well and with warranty.
*Note all these prices are based on online price sheet provided by Cost to Cost, Nehru Place New Delhi

Thanx for your reply dude !!!

my frd told AMD processor are very cheap and value for money then Intel processor(Intel H/W are xpensive bcz they do more advertising and all)..
wadz your review on this..??
i saw many post in forum which suggests Intel i5 2500k or 3750k processor..wadz you think ??

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Is this your 3rd thread regarding a system purchase ?
Even if budget changes, you can continue in the same thread with an update post stating the change in budget or config requirement.

Your query *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/164256-intel-v-amd.html regarding a suitable proc is quite unnecessary. Just clearly state your requirements and purpose and people will suggest the best config for you.

Following multiple threads and deciding upon a final setup is going to be a real headache for you.

Just an advice. Upto you to proceed as you feel right.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Thanx for your reply dude !!!

my frd told AMD processor are very cheap and value for money then Intel processor(Intel H/W are xpensive bcz they do more advertising and all)..
wadz your review on this..??
i saw many post in forum which suggests Intel i5 2500k or 3750k processor..wadz you think ??
First thing my comment is solely based on consumer level CPUs and not server level one like Xeons or Opertons. Now...

I've been an AMD user for the last 8 years, a satisfied user, its just that AMD provides more value for money than Intel but up-till a certain budget say 14K above that AMD has nothing to offer whereas intel has got everything from 2k to 90k and even more. So we can't really compare intel and AMD until we put them on the same level;i.e a budget of Rs.12,000 for CPU(CPU means processor only) and at this level AMD gives cut throat competition to Intel processors like 2500k or 2600K, though the third generation of Intel processors near the said budget are superior than the current AMD FX series but again the most expensive AMD FX series processor cost arnd 12K and the most basic 3rd generation I5 costs around 14K.
Also as a gaming PC you don't require any I7 or expensive heavy duty processor. AMD or Intel they'd perform the same. So just go for AMD save money put that money into a graphic card and play games smoothly.

*Note the comparison with 2500K and 2600K is not based on any online benchmark, it is based on my own experience. I'm a video editor and I've found AMD FX8120 to be a better editing platform than 2500K 2600K.

Last edited:
Top Bottom