guys is it worth buyin ps2 or wait for PS3 / XboX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanolution

Broken In
man i m totlally confused i have beeen totally fed up feedin upgrdes for my monster PC c'mon i cant go on upgrading graphic cards fo r every 6 mionths or somethin
look at ps2 this godzilla console is on market frm 2-4 yrs without upgradse
so why dont i buy a console n but the F U c K in thing whether i buy ps2 straight away or waitr for THE GOD PS3 with duall core processor accountin for a whopping 4 GHZ man tahts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cmon guys rep rep replise
ps; wat no females in this form .... strange :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :twisted:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
very simple answer here if u are darn fed up of that Pc day-to-day upgrade then better buy the Ps2 right now cause the games available are Extremely immense.....Also PS3 and Xbox 2 wont make it in India for the Next 2 years i guess....cause after each of thier repective releases they'll hardly be have a decent official launch in India.....So if u care to wait for that long then u gladly can but my advice definetly go for a Ps2 now....it costs around 12k (Slim version) and 10k or 9.5k For Non-Slim Version :wink:

Btw what do u want to do with a female being in this forum????

Sheeezzz come on man....stick to the related discussion :)

anshul_sood

Broken In
Well if u go feature-wise, then u should definitely wait for PS3.
if u read the specs of PS3 then u will see that it is 10-15 times faster then any latest P-IV Proceesor, and even supports Blu ray disks. also if I am correct than it will also support PS1 and PS2 games.
but it will be very costly. So if u can shell out the dough the PS3 is definitely worth the wait

mamba

In the zone
as being speculated xbox2 will b round 26k ( US , definately costlier here ) , so me thinkz ps3 would b competitively priced 2 it .

it wiil b out the end of this year or mayb startin of next year . will take time 2 come 2 india coz u would b definately using the mod-ed version . n moddin a new console would take still more time .

so vot i suggest is u go 4 a current gen console .

will b gettin my xbox in may .

n hey dude go 4 xbox . ps2 is **** in front of it . graphics r definately much much better 4 the xbox. i 4 1 like the xbox game library better than the ps . also u can upgrade the current 8-10 gb HDD 2 a 120 gb 1n store all ur mp3z n dvd-moviez there .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, heres the raw deal in plain simple terms. If you are a gamer with varied interests, go in for a PS2. Considering the extensive genre list and hyper-impressive library of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games, you will never ever get bored. However, if you're a pure, hardcore FPS/TPSer and are not much interested in other genres, then go in for the XBox. Sure, there are lesser titles but it will keep the hardcore action guy happy. Do not bother waiting until the PS3 and the XBox 2 are released. Because, as allwyndlima said, it will be at least early 2007 before the consoles would be released here or at least become affordable enough with a decent enough collection for the next-generation console. You dont want to be an early adopter and get stuck for games, do you? :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
if u buy now u can enjoy now, if u buy later (xbox 2) u will enjoy later, if u have enough money u can buy both .
if u can wait for more than one yr xbox2 is for u, and its priced high

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
If you can buy PS3 then wait for it and when it comes then buy it,
but rememer one thing that PS3 is going to be a hell of a expensive solution !!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
get the Xbox or PS2...then sell off ut console when u can afford the next gen machines...Xbox2 is gonna b expensive at least the high end version will cost a bomb...PS3 wont come out until sometime next year and Xbox 2 wont b released until at least nov/dec 2005...so u can get some quality playing time b4 the next gen consoles hit the markets...

@enoonmai: if the next gen consoles r backward compatible, then early adopters wont b in that much trouble if their consol fails :lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, but whats the fun in spending a bomb and getting a next gen console and playing the older games on it and waiting for the newer ones to come out. :lol:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
@enoonmai: if the next gen consoles r backward compatible, then early adopters wont b in that much trouble if their consol fails :lol:

hmmm....well good point but i guess PS3 is gonna be backward compatible but the Xbox 2 aint gonna be backward compatible (atleast thats what i have heard).....So i guess there will be a rather lesser chances of the entire console failing out....in any case they sure wont be affordable for a while (unless u are a Rich shot) also the blueray disc's for PS3 will definetly be tough to Duplicate and so that leaves the entire buying procedure of games from abroad which will again cost a bomb :?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, there is still no news on whether the XBox 2 will be backward compatible or not and until Microsoft actually showcases it sometime before E3 in May, we cant say for sure. But the current rumors are that you would need the hard disk to maintain backward compatibility, but apart from that, Microsoft is NOT interested in maintaining backward compatibility. But no matter how soon the next gen consoles hit the market, they wont become affordable in India at least until end 2007. Anyone who tried buying a PSP here in India would know the costs involved. :lol:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
enoonmai said:
Anyone who tried buying a PSP here in India would know the costs involved. :lol:

Yea right anyone who have tried it i.e. :lol:
Darn thing costing 20k in the Bootlegged market means we know what would be installed for us at the release of PS3 and Xbox 2.
Btw enoo did the PSP feature any free UMD's or was it the Buy-It-Serparately thinggyyy.Also check out the IGN Faq of PSP's *psp.ign.com/articles/513/513175p1.html and its bunch of game releases *psp.ign.com/articles/597/597521p1.html

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I got a look at the PSP here in Bangalore's bootleg market and the price they quoted was 20k, and the UMDs would be around 3.5k. Obviously, they've not been ripped and pirated yet, so you have no other option than to get the original ones. The guy I spoke to didnt have the UMDs, so all I could do was take a look at the console alone. He said that I would have to order the UMDs and they'd take 2-3 days to get it for me. Of course, I walked away giving the PSP back to him. 20k indeed. I can get me a 6600GT and have quite a bit of money to spare for later. :lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I have no idea about that, but the guy I spoke to here in SP Road had no UMD games for the PSP. He specifically said that he would have to get the legal version and if I place an order, he can get it for me within two days. But then, he also said that quite a good number of people are buying the PSP here, so I am genuinely wondering if they're crazy enough (or rich enough) to spend over 25k adopting a product so early in its release. I mean, the people who've gotten a Nintendo DS are screaming mad at Nintendo's decision to revamp and release the updated GBA-SP as competition to the PSP and convert the DS into a wireless PDA thats also a gaming device.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I don't think the one Prof came across is the US one. PSP's will have started retailing in USA around,...right now! Yes, today is when PSP launches in USA. I was at the Gamespot site a few hours back and it had this ticker that showed 2hrs left for PSP launch in USA.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hell where did my post go?? hmmm mebbe i 4got 2 click on post and then went 2 some other site lol...oh yeah abt the PSP....hmmm PSP launch was march 24th...it is not out as yet...here's an interesting article though:

*www.gamespy.com/articles/598/598099p1.html

i was thinking abt how some1 could pirate the UMDs...AFAIK, there is no UMD reader (other than the PSP :p) or writer...so that would mean every1 has 2 buy original games...which will cost approx $40-50 here...the SPiderman 2 UMD is free with the first million orders of the PSP.....

back 2 backward compatibility...i think it is in Microsfot's best interests 2 make the Xbox 2 backward compatible...i beleive that 1 of the reasons 4 the popularity of the PS2 was that it had a huge library of PSOne games even b4 it came out...and if the PS3 will b backward compatible, the Xbox 2 will have 2 b too...else MS will lose out...plus, the Xbox 2 is using dual layer DVD-9s so backward compatibility should not b a problem...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Ridge Racer was supposed to be free rite??

even the review on GANDGET GURU had RidgeRacer if i m not mistaken

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Darthvader said:
I thought the us psp starter pack included the spiderman2 umd.

Yup it Both the starter Kit as well as Gold Pack have Spiderman 2 Umd With it....Here's The Gold Pack contents *www.funcoland.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=B020248L
And The Umd's For Starter Pack
*www.etoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=3993499&ctid=19&_e=42427&_v=42427A9DwFgcaF784A7BEE9C

Btw Here's Its Review and Contents of its Japanese Value add-on pack (oh yea pics included)
*psp.ign.com/articles/572/572566p1.html
*psp.ign.com/articles/572/572548p1.html?fromint=1

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm...starter pack?? the US markets r getting the value pack...and some places r selling a gold/silver pack which comes with some more games...remember, onlthe first 1 million US PSPs will have the spiderman 2 UMD....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom