guys help...confused ..!!...goin to buy in 2-3 days

sjinitials

Broken In
which one is better lg optimus 2x (19k) or xperia arc (21.5k) ...is optimus 2x really buggy ????....coz it looks grt on paper .....any other phone in sub 22k range u want to suggest ???

aroraanant

Explorer
Optimus 2X is the cheapest dual core phone and looks good spec wise but brand also matters but it is the case with me only.
And if we talk about SE Arc, I have compared it Incredible S n I found that Incredible S is much better.Desire S and Incredible S are almost same only the difference is of Screen Size and camera else everything is same,So if you want a phone for 20k only then you can go for Desire S as it is 3k cheaper than Incredible S.
Or if you want a dual core mobile only then you can also have a look at Samsung Galaxy R but I can't tell you much about it as I haven't got hands on it

OP
S

sjinitials

Broken In
thanx for replying.....as far as brand is concerned i think i can live with LG ....:stirpot:......also i ll consider incredible s...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have an LG Optimus One and am slightly disappointed with the hardware built quality.

But for 19k, Optimus 2X is great value for money... If you can live with the brand, and slightly unreliable built quality, then you should get it... Its a high end phone at a great price... Custom ROMs can double its performance...

The only problems happen after installing custom ROMs is that if you have a hardware problem, and need to take it to a service center, then they might not give you warranty unless you are on the original ROM.

But otherwise, Optimus 2X is good.

If you are not going to bother with custom ROMS, then Xperia Arc is a no-brainer decision. It is going to get ICS update in March... Sony has become excellent in terms of providing software upgrades. LG is **** in that department.

So, if I was in your place, and had to choose between Xperia Arc and Optimus 2X, but not want to fiddle with Custom ROMs, then Xperia Arc would be my choice.

On the other hand, if I didn't care for super-high end hardware, but wanted cutting edge software straight from Google, then Nexus S would be my choice.

But Nexus S is very old hardware, so I would not recommend it at this moment, especially since Galaxy Nexus is out, and it is leagues ahead of all these phones.

All the best bro...

aroraanant

Explorer
@AndroidFan- Bro Nexus S is not available anywhere now even in local market in delhi it is very hard to get and if we get one then the dealer ask a much higher price.And Incredible S is better than SE Arc(I have compared both of them), So I think he should consider Incredible S.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@AndroidFan- Bro Nexus S is not available anywhere now even in local market in delhi it is very hard to get and if we get one then the dealer ask a much higher price.And Incredible S is better than SE Arc(I have compared both of them), So I think he should consider Incredible S.

I agree that it is very difficult to find Nexus S anywhere in India and so it is not a choice for many...

The main competition is now between LG Optimus 2X, Sony Xperia Arc and HTC Incredible S. All 3 very good devices.

I had used Incredible S one time for a few minutes. Its built quality (glass screen and aluminium unibody design) and camera quality is excellent. But didn't seem very fluid to me...

XPeria Arc has an edge when it comes to software updates and service center network. Screen quality is exceptionally good... certainly beats SLCD on Incredible S and IPS on Optimus 2X...

LG Optimus 2X is a dual core tegra 2 phone for very low price... so, its also in the race...

Its a very difficult choice to make between these 3...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
wud opt for the arc or som e newer and cheaper SE phones coz they batt efficient and run apps

aroraanant

Explorer
XPeria Arc has an edge when it comes to software updates and service center network. Screen quality is exceptionally good... certainly beats SLCD on Incredible S and IPS on Optimus 2X...
Bro I have compared both have them too as my friend owns Arc and I own Incredible S and found that the display of IS is better than Arc and even my friend agrees that IS is better than his Arc.
And also we all know that SE sucks in terms of service.

LG Optimus 2X is a dual core tegra 2 phone for very low price... so, its also in the race....
Yup agree with you on that....A dual core phone with very good specs for only 19k is really a very good deal.
And shall the OP consider Galaxy R also as one of his options? As I haven't got my hands on the device so I can't say much about it

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Bro I have compared both have them too as my friend owns Arc and I own Incredible S and found that the display of IS is better than Arc and even my friend agrees that IS is better than his Arc.
And also we all know that SE sucks in terms of service.

Yup agree with you on that....A dual core phone with very good specs for only 19k is really a very good deal.
And shall the OP consider Galaxy R also as one of his options? As I haven't got my hands on the device so I can't say much about it

Agree with you.

Now, OP has to choose between HTC Incredible S, LG Optimus 2X and Samsung Galaxy R.

Out of these 3, I would vote for HTC Incredible S for its excellent built quality...

Cheers!

rhlravi

Broken In
Optimus 2x = Excellent performance (future proof), good if you install custom ROMs, excellent VFM, but stock ROM is a bit buggy.

Incredible S = Excellent build quality, best stock interface (sense UI), a bit expensive for its hardware.

Galaxy R = Worst camera among these 4 (not bad, but not in the same league as these 4), excellent performance.

Xperia Arc = Best camera among these 4 (but no 1080p video recording like the O2x), plasticky build but good styling.

It would be more helpful if you could tell us the following:
1.Are you going to root and install custom ROMs? (If yes, go for O2x. Period.)
2. List your priorities (like camera, audio quality, future-proofness etc...)

Top Bottom