Not open for further replies.

knight17

In the zone
Free Domain Name Providers

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org
Website - www.officelive.com
Nameserver Control - No
Forced Ads - Yes, text ads on top
Requirements - Site must be English, and you must be a resident of the USA.
Time Registered - Unlimited
Free Domain Limit - Limited to 1 domain
Scam? - No
Other Info - Still in beta, and you have to submit an application to be approved. Also, to verify that you aren't getting multiple domains from them, a valid credit card is required.
The Catch - Since you can't change nameservers, you're going to be stuck with Microsoft hosting forever.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .name .us .biz .info
Website - www.ezyrewards.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Requirements - None
Time Registered - 1 year (or more)
Free Domain Limit - Unlimited
Scam? - No
Other Info - You need to get 1000 points (10 for each referal, 7-130 for online offers).
The Catch - Referals may take a while to get. Also, online offers and surveys can be a pain to complete.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .info
Website - *www.1and1.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Requirements - None
Time Registered - Only 1 year
Free Domain Limit - Limited to 5 domains
Scam? - No
Other Info - To verify that you aren't getting more than 5 domains from them, a valid credit card is required.
The Catch - Domain is only registered for 1 year. You will have to pay next year if you want to keep your domain.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .name .us .biz .info .ws
Website - www.onesite.com
Nameserver Control - No
Forced Ads - Yes, toolbar on top.
Requirements - Student in US/CA with .edu email address OR anyone with a promotion code. Also, you must be atleast 13 years old.
Free Domain Limit - Unlimited (although you need a different promo code or .edu email address for each new domain)
Scam? - No
Other Info - There appears to be a set template. Host offers 50MB storage, 3GB bandwidth, email, blog, statistics, sitebuilder.You get $20 for each paid web hosting referral.
The Catch - As stated in the TOS, "All Free Domain(s) will be registered by ONESITE and any rights in and to Free Domains shall be retained by ONESITE". Basically, they could potentially "take" your site from you.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .info
Website - www.freedomainsname.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Requirements - None
Time Registered - Only 1 year
Scam? - No
Other Info - You need to get 200 points from online offers or referals (up to 210 point per online offer, 10 points per referral).
The Catch - Online offers and getting referals can be a pain. Credit card may be required for some offers.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .tk (Tokelau)
Website - www.dot.tk
Nameserver Control - No
Forced Ads - Yes, advertisement + popup is shown before you can view the page, forced www.dot.tk favicon.
Requirements - Must be atleast 18 years old. Also, you need an existing web address (anything, including geocities, myspace, etc)
Free Domain Limit - Limited to 3 domains
Scam? - No
Other Info - You must have 25 visitors or more on your domain name once every 90 days, or else they will delete it.
The Catch - It only provides URL cloaking (using frames).

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .name .us .biz .info .in .co.in
Website - www.freednr.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Requirements - You must post to get a domain.
Scam? - No
Other Info - Must get 950 points before requesting a domain.
The Catch - Posting may take a long time, and this offer may not last very long.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org
Website - www.cybikohost.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Scam? - Unknown (maybe)
Other Info - You need to get 19000 points (5 for each post, 20 for each referal).
The Catch - You've got to be willing to spend a lot of time here in order to get a free domain.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .info .de
Website - www.domain-4free.com
Nameserver Control - No
Forced Ads - Yes
Requirements - You must apply for a domain.
Free Domain Limit - Unknown
Scam? - Unknown (maybe)
Other Info - You have the choice to pay to become the legal owner of the domain.
The Catch - Forced advertising may be kind of annoying.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .info .biz
Website - www.free-domaine.net
Nameserver Control - No
Forced Ads - Yes, pop-up or pop-under.
Requirements - Must already have a site with an average of more than 3000 visitors a month (about 100 visitors a day).
Free Domain Limit - Unlimited (the number of sites you have with 3000+ visitors a month)
Scam? - Unknown (maybe)
Other Info - You are given the option of paying for the domain to gain ownership. Uses URL cloaking.
The Catch - Pop-up or pop-under ads are annoying.

Free Domain(s) Offered - .com .net .org .info
Website - www.dnlister.com
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - Yes
Scam? - Unknown (maybe)
Other Info - 4 points per thread, 2 points per post, and points for playing in the arcade. You need 420 points for a free domain.
The Catch - Posting may take a long time, and this offer may not last very long.

Free Domain(s) Offered - Depends...
Website - www.opendomain.org
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - No
Requirements - You must apply for a domain.
Scam? - Unknown (maybe)
Other Info - There is a list of domain names to choose from. However, chances that you'll be approved for one are low.
The Catch - Even though you have nameserver control, they still own the domain(s).

Free Domain(s) Offered - .cg
Website - www.nic.cg (Republic of Congo)
Nameserver Control - Yes
Forced Ads - None
Requirements - Must be a citizen, company, or organization in the Republic of Congo.
Free Domain Limit - Limited to 1 domain
Scam? - No
Other Info - They "generally require that the applicant faxes us the proof of his citizenship/right of residence".
The Catch - Must be a citizen, company, or organization in the Republic of Congo.

Here is a list of services that are no longer available:
*www.s5network.info - free .com .net .org .info .biz offer
*www.registerfly.com, www.nucleus.be - free .be offer
*www.goodluckdomain.in/dotorg.html - free .org offer
*www.domainsite.com - free .info offer
*forums.inuration.net - free .com .net .org .info .biz offer

SOURCE : IGBFORUMS..<Dont have the link...>

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Good list. From where have you picked up this list? I have my doubts about its originality because some of the offers have already been discotinued since about 4 months!! So whichever list you referred itself is old!! :|

Its a rule of the forum that whenever you give something lifted straight off the net, you must give the source!! Are you sure its your original work? If you say "yes" and any of us finds the source, you will surely get a -ve rep (at least).

Secondly, don't beg for reputations and thanks! For that very reason, I feel like giving you a -ve rep!

~Romil

Broken In
Hehe, quite right tuxfan, this article comes straight out of a forum where there is a "Thanks" button ;)

One word of advice: Freebies come with a price. If you're looking for some serious stuff dont go for these.

FYI, .info and .org cost just around 130 bucks till July 31st. So, why settle for less when you can have a dedicated TLD and full control over your domain.

~Romil

Broken In
pathiks said:
rs310 per domain..... indialinks.com ..tis safe and reliable 99.99% uptime
Do you really require uptime/downtime figures for domains? Hardly, unelss you got a wrost registrar involved. ;)

99.9% Uptime SLA is their hosting specifications.

Still, I advice go for a Directi reseller, they got a easier interface, best price and full control over your domain.

pop143

Journeyman
pathiks said:
rs310 per domain..... indialinks.com ..tis safe and reliable 99.99% uptime

registration charges..310rs?? or annual fees??

i guess..its better free of ads with paid service.....than 2 wait and rely on free services...for buisness use....hmmm..4 personal also we cud opt..if the payment is little/..!

bye

Pathik

Google Bot
@pop its the annual charge....
check out the link for more info....
also they have a office in mumbai where u can make the payments..

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
~Romil said:
Do you really require uptime/downtime figures for domains? Hardly, unelss you got a wrost registrar involved. ;)

99.9% Uptime SLA is their hosting specifications.

Still, I advice go for a Directi reseller, they got a easier interface, best price and full control over your domain.

:) Right. He has mistaken hosting features for domain registration features. Domains and hosting always needs to be renewed. Domains are minimum for a year, hosting is minimum for a month. But for convenience, people pay annual charges even for hosting ;)

And yes, here's a little SP :p I am a DirectI reseller.

BTW, this is what I think generally on domains and especially on free domains!

You should NEVER fall for a free domain, unless you have complete control over it. You should be able to change DNS or transfer to any other registrar at your will! And what is the cost of a .com/.net these days? Just about Re. 1 per day!! And .in about Rs. 2 per day!! Is that very expensive? The person who controls the domain, controls the site!! Why take free domains? Afterall your sites are known by the domain name and not the IP of your hosting server!

pop143

Journeyman
pathik , in rs 310..we have domain and have web redirection service.
so we can target to any ip address and website url.

but another web redirection for rs 400/750 also give in the same website..wot is diff?? its given 750-no banner.!!

is that 310..new service offered by them..do it have any banners ads in our site??

Which domain u recommend me..??

.com or .net

is there any technical diff? liek high bandwidth , traffic count..?? or any?? please reply..!

Pathik

Google Bot
@pop if the domain u want is popular then mostly its already registered...
but if u still get it then take a .com... as they r easy to remember
and in 310 pack u get url redirection + cloaking etc....
wen i had seen it earlier there were no ads but now it seems that they have changed the schemes....

tuxfan

Technomancer
310 is a nice price. But check the type of control you get over the domain name. Do you have a username and password to manage the domain name? Can you change DNS? Can you transfer it to some other registrar without indialink's interference? Please check all these and then register.

I recently had a client, who couldn't host with me simply because he couldn't change the DNS of his domains. When he wanted to trasnfer the domain name, it was blocked by his registrar/reseller. So see if you get these things and controll. You have to very careful in case of domains because people know your site by your domain name.

OP
knight17

knight17

In the zone
About all the brick bats..
Thanks for pointing it out... :)
I dont know the exact location but I have given the name of the site...
I will try to keep up with the rules of the forum...
Thanks everyone for guidig me

Oracle

Right off the assembly line
@tuxfan Thanks ,for the advice. I hope others also realise howimportant it is to have complete control over your domian name.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom