OP
P

pt999

Broken In
thanx a lot guys for ur replies
slugger,ur words r inspiration to me

plz guide me for t following:

slugger said:
Aslo pt999, 1 thing that I wanted to ask you was that, is this forum a part of some larger organistaion or is it your private pet project, because if it is the latter, then I would actually suggest not going for the professional setup that you are thinking of right away, but test the waters by starting a free forum

you could try using forumer.com

start a forum here, spread the word around, se how it is working, then se if it still holds your interest, and once you are convinced about your forum, then go for your own hosted forum

--yupp t forum 'll b my private project only.

--ok i'll make a free forum and test it first BUT wat if it works and then i want to host my own new forum; means how'll i transfer t people to new address coz they'll b hooked to t previous one only.

Please note that my repeated insistence on you reading Fast Track stems only from the fact that its content is top-class and reproducing the same over here is beyond the scope of my time. The detailed but simple manner in which they have explained stuf is really comendable

--plz tell me where can i find this???

BTW I hope you are aware of the fact that starting a forum is not the end of it, infact it is just the beginning. Because you will have to constantly monitor the forum, or delegate that task to somenoe else to ensure that spammers do not create frudulent account and then use your forum to indulge in unpleasent activities [leaving it to your imagination]. That is why this forum also has many mods/sup-mods/admins to do the dirty work

you need to keep all these in mind before venturing into the forum creation pursuit

--yes i m quite aware of these things and i've a few friends to help me out for t same.

btw
1)kindly tell me how would i earn if i register my free forum on google adseen
2)how would i get ads if i start my own site/forum; means 'll i've to contact
them or they people 'll contact me themselves once my forum gets
popular.
3)popular means how many hits per day shud i expect for (2)

thnx
tc cr

slugger

Banned
pt999 said:
--ok i'll make a free forum and test it first BUT wat if it works and then i want to host my own new forum; means how'll i transfer t people to new address coz they'll b hooked to t previous one only.
once your free forum is succesful and u decide to start ur your own dedicated forum, you can export the database from the old forum to the new one. and anybody who later visits the old forum, should b greeted with the message [you got to put up that message] of you shifting to a new location or if allowed they should be automatically redirected to the new forum. so now you have all members who will become members of the new forum automatically.

pt999 said:
--plz tell me where can i find this???
u cud try to lay ur hands on the DIGIT archive CD they had provided in their DEC 2006 issue
it has all the PDF editions
ifu dont get it from here ther u cud give d guys @ jasubhai a buzz/ mail askin 4 it. think u can buy it from them [y dont u give the mods of this forum a pm regarding this]

pt999 said:
btw
1)kindly tell me how would i earn if i register my free forum on google adseen
2)how would i get ads if i start my own site/forum; means 'll i've to contact
them or they people 'll contact me themselves once my forum gets
popular.
3)popular means how many hits per day shud i expect for (2)

thnx
tc cr

visit GOOGLE'S ADSENSE PAGE for all d details u want about ADSENSE, but go through it caefully cause it has various clauses viOlating which would terminate your account on adsense, and so no money. ADSENSE earning depends upon how many people visiting your site click on d ads dat appear on ur site, and not the no of hits you recieve on your site

d men in green and orange r d mods/admins, u may want 2 pm them regarding d old ssue/cd/dvd

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showgroups.php

Last edited:
OP
P

pt999

Broken In
i've seen t google adsense site
1)just out of curosity i wanna know when does one get to recieve ads on the personal site [i m not talkin bout t google ads but t ads other than tat ]
means gimme some vague idea of t clicks per day on a particular site..........

2)also if i make a free forum (forumer.com) or a free website will i b able to get ads from google adsense???

thnx
tc cr

slugger

Banned
1) a] other ads wud mean sponsered ads, like u go 2 a co and tell them that u will put up a logo of their co on ur forum with a link to their cos website. in return they will have to pay you a manthly amount. Just like giving space on rent

b]it is not clicks per day. it is d total no of clicks dat user make. i think u will get d first cheque after users have made d 1000th click on d ad

2) Free websites u can enable ADSENSE, but forums, hmmmmm!!!,
forums i hange out dont have them [dis included], but i tihnk u can enable adsense of forums also, but personally it wud b a bg turn off 4 me on d forum
D adsense site must have sum info on it abt this

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Now, let me clear few doubts. First do not go for Free Forum hosters like Forumer and others, thats my suggestion

1. Get free hosting from somewhere and install forum script on your own or use Fantastico or Installatron if its a comes with those Addons in the Control Panel. Reasons are, this will allow you to customize the forum based upon your need. New mods/hacks, skins, etc. You can also use a CMS and make it the main INDEX page and link forum under it. Whn you get bigger, you can easily move to a new host without much troubles since everything remains the same :)

2. Regarding Google Adsense, Yes, you will have to apply for an account at www.google.com/adsense. After, they approve your account, you will get your ADS CODE which will have to enter at your site.

Forumer already has Google Ads but the ADS are "theirs" in order to compensate them for hosting you for free. You are not allwoed to use your own ADS AFAIK.

Google Adsense doesnt have a fix pay out for clicks. A click can be of 1 cent, can be of 1$. You just dont know. It depends. After you earn 100$, Google will mail you a cheque. Yes, you can use ads on forums as long as the forum doesnt break the TOS. I know hundreds of forums using Google adsense to earn hundreds of dollars a month. But that doesnt mean everyone does earn. Thousands of people earn just few cents a day out of Google Adsense

Any other doubts, do post :)

slugger

Banned
d00d d guy is new 2 computers and on top of dat a pysiotherapist [by no means did i mean dat 2 b offensive pt999]

do u want him 2 start playing with scripts right at the beginning itself.

it is like asking a guy who has just learned multiplications, to perform calculas [OK maybe not claculas but at least trigonometry]

he starts tryin 2 comprhend scrpits and stuf, gets overwhelmed and then leaves his forum pursuits
so wat cud have bben a gr8 forum goes butst bcos he tried 2 jump d gun instead of going 1 step @ a time

so dat it y i suggest forumer where he cud learn the tricks of the trade in a controlled environment and then once he acquires skills he can move on to better things

regarding adsense he wud earn n e thin only wen his forum bcomes popular
so if it bcomes popular he wud ne way shift to his own dedicated forum wer he can recieve ads of his choice

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
slugger said:
d00d d guy is new 2 computers and on top of dat a pysiotherapist [by no means did i mean dat 2 b offensive pt999]

do u want him 2 start playing with scripts right at the beginning itself.

Correct, But everybody has to learn someday or other day. Right :)

Everybody on the planet with millions of forums and blogs are a not tech dudes. Thats why there are step by step instructions at forum developer site on how to install the script, also to include a big community always waiting to help you out with probs like we are at the moment :cool:

Not to forget, Fantastico and Instrallatron which let you install it in less than 5 clicks ;)

he starts tryin 2 comprhend scrpits and stuf, gets overwhelmed and then leaves his forum pursuits
so wat cud have bben a gr8 forum goes butst bcos he tried 2 jump d gun instead of going 1 step @ a time

Beleive me, he wont..if he lands here askin for help. He will again incase he is in trouble :)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Correct, But everybody has to learn someday or other day. Right :)

Everybody on the planet with millions of forums and blogs are a not tech dudes. Thats why there are step by step instructions at forum developer site on how to install the script, also to include a big community always waiting to help you out with probs like we are at the moment :cool:

Not to forget, Fantastico and Instrallatron which let you install it in less than 5 clicks ;)
first of all i am noob in this stream .

i have taken free space from tripod nd have successfully uploaded small web page on it using ftp

client . Now i want to try my hand in this forum part but i m not able to understand what

is this Fantastico and Instrallatron ? r they some software or what , if software plz provide the link to

download . plz help

Last edited:
OP
P

pt999

Broken In
thnx a lot guys for ur replies :)

i'll try wat sukhdeep has said & if i wont b able to understand it, i'll go to forumer but firstly plz tell me from where can i download these softwares viz.
Fantastico; Instrallatron ; CMS

thnx
tc cr

slugger

Banned
Fantastico and Instrallatron r not FREEWARES u got 2 buy it from d respective developers/dealers

INSTALLATRON

FANTASTICO

so any pms u recieve will only contains links 2 PIRATED copies of the same

@ prit999 d fact dat u r asking for place 2 DOWNLOAD CMS!!!! indicates dat u havent been following the thread seriously/carefully. Cause d link 4 CMS dat i had given earlier clearly indiacated wat CMS actually was

OP
P

pt999

Broken In
slugger said:
@ prit999 d fact dat u r asking for place 2 DOWNLOAD CMS!!!! indicates dat u havent been following the thread seriously/carefully. Cause d link 4 CMS dat i had given earlier clearly indiacated wat CMS actually was

sorry for tat; dere was some misunderstanding.

thnx again
tc cr

satyamy

Alive Again...
slugger said:
so any pms u recieve will only contains links 2 PIRATED copies of the same
oye slugger
I havent send any link to downlaod any pirated soft :!:
dont threaten me indirectly :x

anyways
we have a physiotherapist in our forum
so now we can ask abt any physical prob :D

slugger

Banned
if u dun no wron den y wud u feel threatened. GUILTY CONSCIOUS PRICKS THE MIND!!!!!!.

ne way i care a damn 4 wat people do in d privacy of their PMs as long as they dont do it in d open 4 everybody 2 c and pass comments.

dis is all i have 2 say on this pm issue dat u seem 2 b so eager 2 start a flaming war on

go ahead post a reply and have d last word, cause i'm not going 2 respond 2 any of ur comments on this issue

anandk

Distinguished Member
unless u want to do it on ur own and enjoy the experience of creating something......hire someone. go for paid hosting since urs is a profsnl venture. look around in ur town for a webdesigner. total spend < 10K.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
saurabh kakkar said:
first of all i am noob in this stream.

is this Fantastico and Instrallatron ? r they some software or what , if software plz provide the link to

download . plz help
Right! and i nevr said you were bro :) As for Fantastico and Instrallatron are two common Script installers found on World's Most Common Web Hosting Control Panel's - cPanel,DirectAdmin Plesk

pt999 said:
i'll try wat sukhdeep has said & if i wont b able to understand it, i'll go to forumer but firstly plz tell me from where can i download these softwares viz.
Fantastico; Instrallatron ; CMS

You cannot download them. They are Server Addons for cPanel. Get Free Hosting which has cPanel as Webhosting Control Panel and most likely Fantastico should come along with it

slugger said:
Fantastico and Instrallatron r not FREEWARES u got 2 buy it from d respective developers/dealers

INSTALLATRON

FANTASTICO
so any pms u ecieve will only contains links 2 PIRATED copies of the same
End users should not be bothered about Fantastico and Instrallatron.....only server Admins can install this and make it availabe to end users on server.

@pt999
I am not understanding, why Fantastico and Instralltron are getting out of proportions, that was just an example. If you want a CMS, go to CMS site and view DEMO. Like it...install it on your PHP/MySQL enabled hosting after following the install intructions.

Rest is for later discussion, first decide what script you want for CMS and forum. Then comes the Host part and then comes the install part. So first decide which script you want for CMS and forum. :)

This is how cPanel Looks : *x3demob.cpx3demo.com:2082/login/?user=x3demob&pass=x3demob

This is how you install Scripts using Fantastico
*www.host4cheap.org/tutorials/cpanel-11/cpanel-x3-fantastico.html

This is a Good place to look for Free Hosting offers
*freewebspace.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

This is a Good place to look for Free Hosting Requests
*freewebspace.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Last edited:
OP
P

pt999

Broken In
look around in ur town for a webdesigner. total spend < 10K.

10k; how much does a webdesigner takes????
i know it'll depend on t extent of site but gimme a general idea; like for somethin similar to this site www.ptsponsor.com

@sukhdeep thnx a lotta for ur advice, i'll try wat u've said.

tc cr

OP
P

pt999

Broken In
hi,
thnx a lot guys for ur help to me, i've now a forum of my own wid a free domain & webspace.
i m learning its controls rt now & i've understood how to choose scripts, c-panel mostly & Fantastico too. :)

1)BUT i m confused wid wat a CMS like jhoomla can do & yet to start my webpage.

2)isn't there somethin like various scripts for blogs & forums for designing a webpage???

plz help me out
tc cr

Status
Not open for further replies.