GUI matlab not visible. help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hi guys,

i installed matlab for linux in my FC6 machine and it was working fine. But i just updated my graphics card driver from the default open source nv driver to nvidia driver (downloaded from the website) inorder to enable the visual effects (vobbling and stuffs). now, when i open matlab, i get a screen with only the close, minimise and maximise button visible and all the others inside.,... they are not rendered(visible).... if i click alt+f, then the file menu opens... except that i couldnt see it. and similarly any thing... no command window, workspace nothing... its opened but nothing is shown... does any1 know how to rectify the problem... i even tried reinstalling matlab. it dint fix the problem...

thks,
legolas.

mediator

Technomancer
Can u please tell me from where u installed it? I need it too!
Neways for ur problem, try deleting the matlab directory hidden in ur home folder (if there's any).

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
Yes, that is right. here goes my solution when matlab opens but doesnt show its GUI.

open the terminal, log in as root using
su
followed by password
then using ur favourite editor, open a file in this path

for ex:
gedit /usr/local/bin/matlab-c (matlab-c is the file name u ll be using to open matlab. u can use any name of ur choice... but dont use matlab as it already exists)

copy these two lines, hit enter, then save it.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit matlab

now u can type matlab-c from anywhere to execute matlab. remember to set the permissions for the matlab-c for non-root user using chmod command before executing.

good luck,
legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom