GUI designing using qt4

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi360

Always confused
Hello friends.....I recently got interested in qt3 programming using C++ in fedora9. I just want to know if there are any qt3 or qt4 programming guys here so i could get help from them.

I just started with a book which teaches basics of qt4.

I also wanted to know if my move is right or not.? Is learning qt going to benifit me ( please notice that that eats my cgpa in college. )

QtDesigner is the software you must be looking for to design GUI interfaces. Coding done in C++ after exporting.
Other than that, yes, QT4 is the BEST GUI toolkit available for desktops today.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
As an OSS developer it will surely help. Its well organized, power-packed, short and easy.

On the Industry side, though many reportedly use it, it is _not_ quite that popular. The Nokia tag it now has might add some value to your resume, but am sure many would not have heard Qt Software before. Not worth if you are gonna lose your academic scores.

OP
vamsi360

vamsi360

Always confused
After some research in the net I came with the following conclusions :

1.It's your own interest to learn if you want to design your own app
2.No other exceptional benifits.
3.Can be learnt with ease at will if it is compulsary.

Similar to you qwerty....But I will learn it for my interest in my leisure time..

unni

In the zone
I am also at the beginning stages of Qt. Qt guys are developing a new 'IDE' called Qt Creator. It is currently in beta stage. I think it will make things easy for beginners. You can download it from Trolltech website.

I have a friend working at Nokia. He is currently learning Qt after his boss asked to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom