GTX770 replacing Sapphire 7870?

gamerguy

Right off the assembly line
According to me stick with your 7870 because it is enough for now for gaming at 1080p. Upgrade when next series of amd GPU arrive after 1 year or so.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Are you getting low performance with 7870?

Not that I am getting low performance on the games I have been playing, but just that I saw my frnd using 770 and i was wowed by the amazing performance of 770 specially on BF4 MP. The ultra on 770 was way too awesome compared to my card. So yeah. Also, dont want to compromise on any of the future game settings too. Wanna run it all on ultra.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Gtx 770 is twice pricier than hd 7870 and should perform better. If you are satisfied with the performance of 7870 then no need to upgrade right now. You can overclock your card to get few extra fps.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I have been reading some positives about 280x. So is it worth spending couple of extra K's on 770 or 280x is the way forward?
Also, is there any new gen cards in line that are to be announced or released in near future that I should wait for ?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
The next gen cards will be released only next year,imo its better to wait for them.. If you're gonna pay for the 280 or 770 just remember that you are gonna buy old cards with a new name..

Top Bottom