GTX260 55nm, a GTX280 killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
EVGA SuperSuper clocked GTX 260 55nm at 675MHz tested
EVGA has sent us Geforce GTX 260 with 216 Shaders and 55nm and we did some preliminary testing. The card runs at 675MHz, and it probably can be further overclocked, but we saved this test for some other occasion.

The first impression is great. The card runs neck to neck with Geforce GTX 280 at reference speed which is impressive and the card is on average around 20 percent faster than the old reference clocked GTX 260 with 216 shaders at 65nm.
*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11117&Itemid=1

The GTX260 55nm beats the GTX280 at each and every point. You noe what, I'm seeing this another way, if GTX260 can beat GTX280 and that too with just a mild OC(there's hell lotta OC left is what fud says) then what's stopping it from becoming the stupidly high costing GTX280?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about having one "Gfx card updates" thread in the News section??

About 2 days back, a thread on 55nm GTX295 was created, now on the 55nm GTX260. Can't we have all the updates in one thread? Soon it will be like, separate threads for the benchmarks of every new card. :|

Just my opinion though. I don't know whether you all will agree or not.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
LOL, BTW did u notice there new sponsored links here and there, thinkdigit advertising in it's own website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom