GTX 660 or HD 7870? Buying tomorrow.

OP
HimanshuVikal

HimanshuVikal

Broken In
that cooler is very good for ocing but note that once OCed ( around 4 Ghz @ 1.5v vcore ) your cpu is a major power hog - so you can OC the gpu as you like with the psu but if you are trying to OC the cpu be careful.
Actually I was just asking about OCing the GPU. I've already OCed the cpu at 4ghz without tweaking the voltages. I have a Hyper 212+ installed. In CPUID HM cpu vcore is 1.44. Is that alright?
You say I can OC the gpu with sapphire coolers. That sounds good. And I hope nothing is wrong with Snapdeal :pray: Should I place the order? :chinscratch: :Fingerx:

OP
HimanshuVikal

HimanshuVikal

Broken In
Thanks. Ha ha ha I haven't been able to install it yet. I still haven't figured it out. My case is CM 690 I've removed 2 of the expansion slots but there is a blue plastic thingy next to each slot and the rear of the card is I think supposed to slide in those blue thingies but I just haven't been able to do that. Either I can break those plastic things although then The card might not install correctly or I'll have to remove the motherboard which will be quite a task for me coz i've never done this before. You see this is my very first gpu and the only thing that I've installed in my pc is hyper 212+.

Here are a few pics that I found on the internet:
*i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/xringx/2x140mmfansattopofcase007.jpg
*assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/f/fa/fab32f9c_vbattach105149.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
HimanshuVikal

HimanshuVikal

Broken In
Well I can't remove it. It doesn't come off, I'll just have to break it.
As for the hyper 212+ I read some installation guides over the internet and watched a few videos on youtube. If you search you will find some good quality tutorials. But I just can't find any for the gpu installation on this particular case/cabinet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got it working, that blue thing is on some kind of hinge, so all you have to do is pull it up and it rotates and make way for the card, once fixed, move it down and it will grip the edge of the card.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
212 comes with the installation guide. follow the same and it isnt any rocket science.

while installing GC, make sure you remove the back panel strips that will stick your GC's output panel outside. Also remember to screw the GC to the cabinet though it snugly fits into the motherboard.

Top Bottom