Discussion: GTX 560Ti not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi guys,

I purchased a MSI Geforce GTX560Ti Twin-Frozr II from SMC international on March 2011.

But lately , I've been having some funny problems with it. The system would boot and proceed as normal, but there would be no video output from the card. Sometimes after restarting, video output would be restored and it would work normally.

However , today the problems hit the ceiling with the card absolutely refusing to give any sort of video output, despite several restarts. The system was booting properly , I confirmed this by plugging my old Geforce 9600 GT in , and behold..video output was there!

Just to double check, I plugged the GTX560Ti into my friend's PC. Had the same error there, system would boot but no video output.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've contacted SMC international for a RMA. It appears that MSI doesn't have any Card replacement centres in Chennai :(

(Note : PC specs are in my sig)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a faulty card. Looks like your only option is RMA through SMC.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Thanks guys , I've sent a RMA request via their website. No response yet, will update on the RMA thread in the other sub-forum.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
No need to RMA through smc. I think your local msi service center can do just fine. Just show them the bill irrespective of the place of purchase.

Msi service is very good. I think you can contact digilink chennai.

Check the following:

Address : 103, First Floor, ABC Trade Centre, Anna Salai, # 50/39, Mount Road, Inside Devi Theater, Chennai-600 002

Mr. Sarunath

Mobile : 09840893366

Tel : 044-28412206 / 207, 4200 0034

Email : rmachn@DIGILINK.in,
sarunathm@digilink.in

Cilus

laborare est orare
If your place does have MSi service center then you can submit the card to them rather than sending it to SMC. It will take less time and normally MSI service is good all over India.

OOPs, Vicky didn't see ur post. Great pic of info about MSI Service Center.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
in simple terms ur PSU cant provide the amount of power needed to power the whole system...which in turn have fried your GPU...
what volts are you using for your OC?

even @ stock volts your system draws around 526watts...so you are running underpowered...
eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
in simple terms ur PSU cant provide the amount of power needed to power the whole system...which in turn have fried your GPU...
what volts are you using for your OC?

even @ stock volts your system draws around 526watts...so you are running underpowered...
eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts

Volts are 1.368V I think.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Ok , I just took it to the service centre. And the GPU was working there.....WTF!

Brought it back home and plugged it in , and it started working. I'm not sure where the issue is now. The heatsink fan still doesn't spin though.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Was the GPU fan wroking when you took it to the Service Center? If not then also the card is damaged and service center is bound to replace/repair it.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Ok , I just took it to the service centre. And the GPU was working there.....WTF!

Brought it back home and plugged it in , and it started working. I'm not sure where the issue is now. The heatsink fan still doesn't spin though.

if it doesn't spin then its eligible for RMA...
just replace it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom