GTA V not starting

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hi, I was also not able to play the game , though my error code was different (error code 16 - Social Club is not properly installed.). What I did was :

1) Download both Social Club and the launcher patch for GTA V given on this page -

Social Club Latest Setup and Patch 1.

even though it is written that the Social Club setup is for Max Payne 3 and L. A. Noire. There is no mention of GTA V ,but this is what worked for me.

2) Download the file linked on this page as well.

Patch 2.

3) Run the three setups . I don't remember the order in which I installed them , but make sure you install the GTA V patch in the first link (1_0_505_2) before you install the one in the second link (1_0_757_4) .

P.S. - I have the retail version of the game .

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi, I was also not able to play the game , though my error code was different (error code 16 - Social Club is not properly installed.). What I did was :

1) Download both Social Club and the launcher patch for GTA V given on this page -

Social Club Latest Setup and Patch 1.

even though it is written that the Social Club setup is for Max Payne 3 and L. A. Noire. There is no mention of GTA V ,but this is what worked for me.

2) Download the file linked on this page as well.

Patch 2.

3) Run the three setups . I don't remember the order in which I installed them , but make sure you install the GTA V patch in the first link (1_0_505_2) before you install the one in the second link (1_0_757_4) .

P.S. - I have the retail version of the game .

Social club installed from your link(I didn't delete the older one, installed from the disc, just overwrote it) then first I clicked on 505 and then on the 757 patch but after selecting English Language I am still getting this error-

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hostin

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

Bade bhaiyo need your advice here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not a gamer but it seems like all usual solutions are already posted here & tried by you.If possible,try installing with same cd/setup in a win 7 system.If it works there correctly then issue is with your setup & win 10.In that case nothing much can be done.In any case for gamers it is always recommended to use a stable tried & tested OS like win 7 as games are the first to experience issues with any new OS/driver update.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=136267]moltenskull[/MENTION] [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION]

After multiple reinstalls, the game starts with the video which has few stars and RG logo and then it displays this error-

*oi63.tinypic.com/3534gn4.jpg

What am I doing wrong here?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Confirm game is running using nvidia graphics & not intel graphics.check nvidia control panel settings--3d settings & check gta5 is there in programs list set to use nvidia only.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then i think it is something related to win 10 & nvidia driver combination.Better ask at nvidia forum &/or gta5 forum.maybe you can try some older versions of nvidia graphics driver.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Then i think it is something related to win 10 & nvidia driver combination.Better ask at nvidia forum &/or gta5 forum.maybe you can try some older versions of nvidia graphics driver.

Working. I installed both x86 and x64 versions of the latest C++ from here *support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003
Thanks for your help everyone.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^you failed explain each point in brief, you get only 3 marks out of 16, for listing the main points.

Top Bottom