GTA V not starting

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello Friends,

I have installed GTA V in a Windows 10 system but the game is not even starting. Few questions, first I have also installed Social club from the setup present in GTA V folder in program files. Now the installed RG folder in Program Files has two executable files subprocess and uninstallRGSCRedistributable. When I click on the latter one, nothing happens. How to open Social Club so that a new account can be created? Second check this photo

*oi63.tinypic.com/34eyiyc.jpg

When I click on Grand Theft Auto V I get the Error 15: The game was not launched via steam client. But when I click on GTAV I get an error run using PlayGTAV.exe I am not able to find this file anywhere. I installed the game from my friend's disc who got it from some ecommerce website. The game does not give any issues in his Win 7 system. What should I do now?

Regards

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can change the compatability settings by running in Win 7 Mode.
To do this you have to go to settings by right clicking on the exe file.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes do as I said for that shortcut file
Ok

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Still getting the same errors as mentioned in the first post :( Any fix for the Social club issue also? Also the game is compatible for Win 10 as per RG and videos posted on YT.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I just installed the game from the disc, so no mods.

My friend bought it from eBay. Did you guys check the social club issue I have mentioned in the original post?

The game launches via social club, if your friend already registered the key online then you have to use his social club account to launch the game.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The game launches via social club, if your friend already registered the key online then you have to use his social club account to launch the game.

This is the issue dear, social club is not opening. I have also installed Social club from the setup present in GTA V folder in program files. Now the installed RG folder in Program Files has two executable files subprocess and uninstallRGSCRedistributable. When I click on the latter one, nothing happens. How to open Social Club?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This is the issue dear, social club is not opening. I have also installed Social club from the setup present in GTA V folder in program files. Now the installed RG folder in Program Files has two executable files subprocess and uninstallRGSCRedistributable. When I click on the latter one, nothing happens. How to open Social Club?

Download Social Club from Rockstar Games website and try to initialize the game from it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Download Social Club from Rockstar Games website and try to initialize the game from it.

Should I install it from the 18mb installer file from this link after deleting the older one?

Manual Link to Social Club Application Download – Rockstar Suppor

Also is creation of account mandatory to launch the game?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Should I install it from the 18mb installer file from this link after deleting the older one?

Manual Link to Social Club Application Download – Rockstar Suppor

Also is creation of account mandatory to launch the game?

Yes Download from the above link and creation of account is mandatory.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just link the target directory with the game executable by giving the location of the game where it is installed. Okay.

Sir, please explain what you have mentioned. When I Nvidia Geforce experience panel it is detecting the game and showing all the screenshots from the game along with all the settings. The issue seems to be with Social Club and Steam.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sir, please explain what you have mentioned. When I Nvidia Geforce experience panel it is detecting the game and showing all the screenshots from the game along with all the settings. The issue seems to be with Social Club and Steam.
[h=1]How to Resolve Errors in the Social Club Launcher for GTAV PC[/h] Question: When trying to run GTAV on PC, I am getting one of the following errors:

• "Social Club failed to initialize."
  • "Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation. Please exit the game and re-install the latest version of the Social Club."
  • "A newer version of Social Club is required. The updater may have failed. Please exit the game and install the latest version of the Social Club."
How can I resolve this issue?
Answer: The most common cause for these errors is an incorrect installation of Social Club. If you are receiving one of these errors, we recommend uninstalling Social Club and then reinstalling it manually from this page. When installing the second time:

• First, be sure GTAV is not running in the background. Open the Task Manager and end the following processes if they are running (right click the process and click "End Process"):
    • GTA5.exe
    • PlayGTAV.exe
    • GTAVLauncher.exe
  • Ensure you have administrator rights on your computer. Run the Social Club Installation application as an administrator by right clicking the application and choosing "Run as Administrator."
If you are still experiencing the same problem, please try the additional troubleshooting below:

• Verify the Steam Cache (Steam version only):

1. Load Steam.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

• Run GTAV as an Administrator
    1. Go to the install directory for GTAV PC
    2. Right click "PlayGTAV.exe"
    3. Click "Run as Administrator"

• Verify that you have the latest version of DirectX and Visual C++. The latest versions can be downloaded from here.
  • If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus/security, then uninstall if disabling does not work as a test. Be sure to reinstall and re-enable your antivirus after the test.
  • Make sure that Social Club is installed to the correct directory (by default, this is: Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club)
If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information or additional troubleshooting available, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. If you are still experiencing issues after following these troubleshooting steps, please click Submit a Request at the top of this page.

Source:How to Resolve Errors in the Social Club Launcher for GTAV PC – Rockstar Suppor

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I checked that link along with 100's of reditt threads. Check the replies below-

[h=1]How to Resolve Errors in the Social Club Launcher for GTAV PC[/h] Question: When trying to run GTAV on PC, I am getting one of the following errors:

• "Social Club failed to initialize."
  • "Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation. Please exit the game and re-install the latest version of the Social Club."
  • "A newer version of Social Club is required. The updater may have failed. Please exit the game and install the latest version of the Social Club."
How can I resolve this issue?
Answer: The most common cause for these errors is an incorrect installation of Social Club. If you are receiving one of these errors, we recommend uninstalling Social Club and then reinstalling it manually from this page. When installing the second time:

This gave an error as posted in the last reply.

• First, be sure GTAV is not running in the background. Open the Task Manager and end the following processes if they are running (right click the process and click "End Process"):
    • GTA5.exe
    • PlayGTAV.exe
    • GTAVLauncher.exe

Nothing related to GTA V was running in the background.

• Ensure you have administrator rights on your computer. Run the Social Club Installation application as an administrator by right clicking the application and choosing "Run as Administrator."
If you are still experiencing the same problem, please try the additional troubleshooting below:

• Verify the Steam Cache (Steam version only):

1. Load Steam.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

No option to verify the cache

*oi64.tinypic.com/zxqu6a.jpg

*oi64.tinypic.com/t71mo5.jpg

And Steam is telling me to buy this game and also to install Social Club.

*oi63.tinypic.com/2lk4mci.jpg

• Run GTAV as an Administrator
    1. Go to the install directory for GTAV PC
    2. Right click "PlayGTAV.exe"
    3. Click "Run as Administrator"

There is no Play GTA V.exe file in the installed directory, only GTA5 and GTAVLauncher. Many people have opened threads regarding this on RG forums but no concrete resolution :(

• Verify that you have the latest version of DirectX and Visual C++. The latest versions can be downloaded from here.
  • If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus/security, then uninstall if disabling does not work as a test. Be sure to reinstall and re-enable your antivirus after the test.
  • Make sure that Social Club is installed to the correct directory (by default, this is: Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club)

The MS links for C++ and Direct X are wrong.
If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information or additional troubleshooting available, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. If you are still experiencing issues after following these troubleshooting steps, please click Submit a Request at the top of this page.

Source:How to Resolve Errors in the Social Club Launcher for GTAV PC – Rockstar Suppor

Since I am still not able to open Social Club so I will blame Social Club only :(

Top Bottom