GTA IV compatibility issue

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Removing the requirement to put in disc can only done by using a cracked executable I guess.

You should go to the official Rockstar website and get latest patch.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Has anyone been able to run this game on Windows 10 with a modern graphic card? Haven't been able to find a confirmation about in online at least

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
This issue is not laptop specific. Even on my Desktop, I have been trying to play this game on Windows 10 with no success so far. I will try the command line option and see if that helps. I have the DVD version which I bought when the game released, but I never really finished the game. Is there any place where I can download the latest patch (apart from the official one posted in this thread) and also remove the requirement to put in the DVD each time? Are there any community patches for this game?

Has anyone been able to run this game on Windows 10 with a modern graphic card? Haven't been able to find a confirmation about in online at least

Why are you not able to run the game without the disc? Is your game, the steam version one?
[MENTION=139416]sling-shot[/MENTION] I don't think that there's a patch for this.

Check videos on YT, people are playing it on 10 with amazing graphics.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I have the disc version but I find it too inconvenient to load disc in to my system each time I want to play. Will check Youtube though.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

I own it on Steam and it works fine on Windows 10 Pro. I had to tweak some configuration and install some patch for it to work though.

Search steamcommunity, there are some tweaks to run it on Windows 8. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 some time after installing it. It should work for Windows 10 too.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I own it on Steam and it works fine on Windows 10 Pro. I had to tweak some configuration and install some patch for it to work though.

Search steamcommunity, there are some tweaks to run it on Windows 8. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 some time after installing it. It should work for Windows 10 too.

Do you remember the settings and patch which you applied? How are the in game graphics?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Do you remember the settings and patch which you applied? How are the in game graphics?

The game used to hang a lot and resolution fixed to 800x600 (on a GTX960) before I applied the patch. But after that there were no problems.

I'd have shared the link if I remembered it. It was over a year ago. Anyway, I'll search steamcommunity and let you know.

Edit: This was it Steam Community :: Guide :: Fixing All Problems Associated With Windows 10 Including Graphics Settings Fi

For this step you simply want to go to your steam library and right click GTA 4 the click properties and set launch options.
Here you want to type in: '-nomemrestrict' and 'norestrictions' make sure you spelled them correctly and also disinclude the inverted commas ('), just type what's inside them.
When you are in game you can now change the resolution and graphics settings.
As this is an older game I reccomend putting up the settings all the way regardless of your pc specs, as long as your pc is relatively new it should be able to handle this.
It may say you need to restart GTA to use texture quailty settings but this is unecessary it will make you get an infinite loading screen (Which I will tell you how to fix in the next section) and as long as you have the resolution up fully it looks ok.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The game used to hang a lot and resolution fixed to 800x600 (on a GTX960) before I applied the patch. But after that there were no problems.

I'd have shared the link if I remembered it. It was over a year ago. Anyway, I'll search steamcommunity and let you know.

Edit: This was it Steam Community :: Guide :: Fixing All Problems Associated With Windows 10 Including Graphics Settings Fi

I did try those -norestrictions -nomemrestrict fixes and the graphics were great but then the infinite loading screen showed up. I doubt that the infinite loading screen fix as mentioned on the stream thread will help as with these commands the resource usage was still in red, but I will give it a try.

*forum.digit.in/software-q/199004-gta-iv-compatibility-issue-4.html#post2305943

Do I need to set the compatibility mode fix? Steam Community :: swatcopper2 :: Review for Grand Theft Auto I
If yes, then to which version of Windows. XP, 7 or 10?

The current commandline file in my system has these commands-
-availablevidmem 7.0
-framelimit 0
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict

I think some values needs to be altered as per this link
[W.I.P] Unique Complete Commandline Parameters - Help & Support - GTAForums
But I don't know which one's to be precise. With the current graphics the game is playable but it hurts the eyes.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I did try those -norestrictions -nomemrestrict fixes and the graphics were great but then the infinite loading screen showed up. I doubt that the infinite loading screen fix as mentioned on the stream thread will help as with these commands the resource usage was still in red, but I will give it a try.

*forum.digit.in/software-q/199004-gta-iv-compatibility-issue-4.html#post2305943

Do I need to set the compatibility mode fix? Steam Community :: swatcopper2 :: Review for Grand Theft Auto I
If yes, then to which version of Windows. XP, 7 or 10?

The current commandline file in my system has these commands-
-availablevidmem 7.0
-framelimit 0
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict

I think some values needs to be altered as per this link
[W.I.P] Unique Complete Commandline Parameters - Help & Support - GTAForums
But I don't know which one's to be precise. With the current graphics the game is playable but it hurts the eyes.

Your best bet would be to try every tweak out there. What worked for me may not work for you.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] [MENTION=11731]baccilus[/MENTION]

Any idea how to apply this patch-
[11/29/16] GTAIV Patch 8 Notes (PC Only) – Rockstar Suppor

- - - Updated - - -

Shah

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

If you had it on Steam, The updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, unless you choose otherwise.

Since you bought it from a brick-and-mortar store, I am not sure how you can get the patch. I cannot find download links from Rockstar for this patch. Found only this one. Not sure if it is legit or not.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you had it on Steam, The updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, unless you choose otherwise.

Since you bought it from a brick-and-mortar store, I am not sure how you can get the patch. I cannot find download links from Rockstar for this patch. Found only this one. Not sure if it is legit or not.

I am sure that the patch is for all steam and non-steam versions. Just not able to find the installer file of the same. The link that you have posted is not an official patch.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I am sure that the patch is for all steam and non-steam versions. Just not able to find the installer file of the same. The link that you have posted is not an official patch.

Have you tried gtaforums.com? Someone there might have the link to the official patch.

Top Bottom