GTA Heaven

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Thanks, so in a technical sense it is good to say, if you could play Crysis at acceptable frames, so can you on GTA4. Now if only the stores get it sooner, calling them every day to get the same negative reply. Fingers crossed..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, very much. I guess for some people 22fps is still a hard fact to accept with some of the best hardware thrown at it. For me, personally, if a game is playable then it's more than enough. This has to be the only GTA game that I have ever played in my life & trust me if it weren't for GTA IV, I wouldn't be in this thread.

I find it very hard to believe that people elsewhere are having great difficulty in getting a copy of this game than Mumbai. My friend got his copy (review copy) directly from Milestone Interactive the day it came out & the very same day got one from Alfa as well. Hasn't anyone pre-ordered or stuff like that?

Thanks, so in a technical sense it is good to say, if you could play Crysis at acceptable frames, so can you on GTA4. Now if only the stores get it sooner, calling them every day to get the same negative reply. Fingers crossed..

Same here. But they'll be delivering it to my home tonight:D(Most probably)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^You have 2 consoles right? Then didn't you get the game for the 360? It would have served better justice on it especially with the AA being present.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I have played it a lot on X360 thats why I aint hurrying with the PC version. I will order after a few days. Anyways, I aint getting much time to play games :(.

munnabhai

Broken In
I have got the game and what i can say is that its performance is not that great(FPS and all that) but it just plays fine with no noticable jerkiness.
Well i have FPS data both with inbuilt bemchmark and FRAPS.

Inbuilt benchmark-
Statistics
Average FPS: 37.53
Duration: 36.93 sec
CPU Usage: 91%
System memory usage: 67%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 23
Detail Distance: 31

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS //384MB DDR3
Video Driver version: 180.84
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor //E7200 2.53Ghz

with FRAPS-

Time-2Min Max-42 Min-18 Avg-28.35

This is playable performance and with these settings also it looks good and i am satisfied with it.
But still waiting for the patch to release!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
W00T the game works on single core:p
The FPS is sh1tty-10 or so but I will work on it tomorrow with new drivers and applying the loads of tips people have posted on forums.

chavo

Journeyman
hey guys.....
i got the OG copy of GTA 4.
my system is as follows->
AMD phenom 9550 quad-core(2.2 Ghz)
2 gb ram
nvidia 9600GT(512 mb)
when i was installing the game......... power went off two times in my area due to some electric problum.
but each time the installation was resumed from the last installed file ....
so the whole installation got over without any error...
first i was not having XP service pack 3 ...then i downloaded it & installed it.
now when i try to run the game some command promt starts with the head name Grand Theft Auto IV and after few seconds 1 error comes which is

"RGSC has encountered a problum and need to close. We are sorry fpr the inconvenience."

when i click on 'What data does this error report contain?' ..... it shows...

Error signeture
EventType:cir20r3 P1:rgsc.exe P2:1.0.0.0 P3:491dd2bd
P4:system.workflow.runtime P5:3.0.0.0 P6:44c6c9b0 P7:da
P8:5b P9:system.platformnotsupported

and also there is some reporting details bellow it.
i have tryed repairing the RGSC from the first DVD.but no result.

so please guys help me with my problum.
i really want to play the game as soon as posiable..

chavo

Journeyman
Have you tried uninstalling RGSC & reinstalling it again?

yes i have tryed but same problum again .....
also i have tryed to repair the whole game again but again same problum
im gatting mind-f*@% b'coz of this error
help mee .................:cry::cry:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Alright here's something I got off from Steam forum:

This error was either:
- RGSC does not start, shows nothing.
- Windows shows "RGSC has encountered a problem and needs to close" before starting RGSC (this is not the same error as RGSC "The application has encountered a fatal error...", that error happens after RGSC starts succesfully)

Ok, to the solution:

1 - Uninstall all the .NET framework runtimes, from last version to first (for example, I did 3.5 first, then 3.0, then 2.0. I don't know if this really matters, but to be sure, do it this way) You may not have all the versions installed. If you have .NET 1.0 and/or 1.1, it's not necessary to uninstall it. People using Vista cannot uninstall .NET 2.0 and 3.0, but it's ok.

1a - Vista Only: Go to the services console ( start - run - and type "services.msc"), look for "Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN x64 and/or x86". right click on them, stop them, then on properties set them to "disabled".

2 - Install .NET framework 3.5 SP1 ( link )

2a - XP Only: Right after installing it, go to the services console ( start - run - and type "services.msc"), look for the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service", right click on it, stop it, then on properties set it to "disabled".

3 - Launch RGSC.

Note: Make sure you aren't running RGSC in any type of compatibility mode, and that you're running RGSCLauncher.exe instead of the other executables.

This error also makes the new Games For Windows Client (the one that you can launch from windows without being in a game) crash on startup, so if you get that problem too this should solve it.

EDIT: Can you also try disabling your internet connection & then launch RGSC? It should work after that.

shantanu

Technomancer
i got my package today... am uploading some pics... :D yipeee

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/8978/IMAG0160.th.jpg

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/8978/IMAG0160.th.jpg

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/3498/IMAG0159.th.jpg

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/3126/IMAG0161.th.jpg

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/3783/IMAG0158.th.jpg

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/3849/IMAG0163.th.jpg

Included are : city map and that gal poster with survival guide and games for windows guide.. awesome..

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
i did the benchmark at settings high and highest.. i got 55fps average and in fraps.. i got 35-40 fps in car and i will test on foot in a while.. i am with RiCo's bro in car.. :D

i am on SP2 (Vista)

Top Bottom