Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I dont know abt graphix setting very much.
help me to get best graphix performance.

1) Antilising setting ?
---> application control
---> off
---> 2X
---> quincunx antilising
---> 4X
---> 4XS
-----------------------
---> Enable texture shedding

2) Antisotropic filtering
---> off
---> 2X
---> 4X
---> 8X

3) Costoum direct 3D setting?
---> Empty
---> Restore Driver

4) Costom OpenGL setting ?

Tell me about these settings ? Which is best setting ?

anuraag_01

Broken In
i suggest u consider reading the game manuals for setting of graphix...that will help

also different machines with different hardware can afford better settings:

anywayz....here's something to get u started:

1) Antilising setting ?
this affects the smoothing out of jagged edges on the 3d objects in the games. it is a real resource hogger and would bring down the g card on it's knees. i suggest u turn this on only on games that r a little old

---> application control -it means the setting will only be on when an app like a game turns it on. the quality changes from 2x to 8x

2) Antisotropic filtering :this determines the quality of textures that are far away from the camera or are receding

D

Deleted member 5901

speedyguy said:
man we cant tell u anythin regardin dis unless we know ur cnfg...esp ur 3d cnfg...
cheers

THATS VERY TRUE DUDE !!!

CHEERS !!! :wink: :!:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
leave all the setting in the nvidia display manager to application controlled .... change the respective settings within the game ....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Please specify ur system configuration as well ur video drivers version and the type of AGP card that u r using.As far as the GRAPHICS JARGON is concerned ,here r sum of the latest definitions....:

1.)Anti Aliasing:This is the thechnique that removes jaggedness at the edges of an object.Since it eats up lots of GPU cycles,a higher setting will lower the frames per second that u can get.Most cards are set by default to the lowest setting of 2x, and the Application Performance option lets you define the setting from the game.

2.)Anisotropic Filtering:This filtering technique when enabled lets you see distant objects clearly.An example is a straight road.With this setting enabled,you will be able to see the texture (like a brick road and its cracks) even at the farthest point clearly. Similar to Anti-Aliasing,the lowest setting is 2x and there is also the Application Preference option.A higher setting of say 8x will dramatically improve image quality but will also adversely affect the output frame per second.

........................source--->DIGIT MAG,June-2005,pg.150 :) :)

Well but i must warn u !! that wen u r playing a game then plz TURN OFF the "Display the 3D logo" while playing any game coz that will completely erase sum/most of the graphics/videos while u r playing sum games like NHL or even FIFA, while sum other games will support it like UT (this is as per my experiences) :)

cheers n e-peace....mate..:p:)

ammusk

Journeyman
help but no config
nuts

anyway on my comp
it is 2xQ
2X
quality
not available
off
none
on
off
singledisplaymode
on
on
on
clamp

the above are in order as in the sub box in performance and quality options and my driver ver is 77.72 ( though i recommend 71.89 )

config XFX 6600GT 128MB AGP8X

if u give ur config we can target give u the optimal settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom