Graphics For Around Rs 2000

MamuMogambo

Broken In
OK, I know its a pretty tight budget but I have a story:
My friend got a really low end PC and is happy with his daily dose of Call Of Duty (1 and 2), Max Payne 2, Grand Theft Auto Vice City etc. Somehow, I was able to explain him that there's more to gaming. So, finally he agreed to buy a graphics card but can spend only Rs 2000. Whats the best he can get?

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
I have GeForce GT210 1 GB DDR3 and GeForce GT 610 Synergy Edition 2 GB DDR3 in mind. I am more inclined towards GT210. I don't think his single monitor needs 2GB

I know the budget is super low but he now just want to play the games released in last few years (doesn't matter if its on low settings)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I have GeForce GT210 1 GB DDR3 and GeForce GT 610 Synergy Edition 2 GB DDR3 in mind. I am more inclined towards GT210. I don't think his single monitor needs 2GB
:facepalm: a GPU's power is not measured by its VRAM,its measured by its cores and shaders
I know the budget is super low but he now just want to play the games released in last few years (doesn't matter if its on low settings)

Somehow get him to spend atleast 4-5k for an AMD HD 6670,thats the bare MINIMUM for gaming
gt610 is only useful for people with crappy CPU's to play HD movies

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
In this budget you can opt HD 5450 1GB (Don't go for 2GB), it's bad; but can play all CoD (Didn't tried CoD BO2 yet), BFBC2, Crysis , Blur , MoH , Sniper Ghost Warrior , DiRT2 , Quantum Of Solace & Many others at High , Mid or Low Settings.
Or save some more money and get a HD 5670 or HD 6670 , these are minimum for gaming.

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
Thanx TechnoHolic I would go for HD 5450 then. We'll see how much bargaining we can do

I myself have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 with AMD Radeon HD 7670M. Can you give me an idea how various graphics card perform with respect to mine

pacificb0y

Broken In
OK, I know its a pretty tight budget but I have a story:
My friend got a really low end PC and is happy with his daily dose of Call Of Duty (1 and 2), Max Payne 2, Grand Theft Auto Vice City etc. Somehow, I was able to explain him that there's more to gaming. So, finally he agreed to buy a graphics card but can spend only Rs 2000. Whats the best he can get?

He Dont have any high expectations For his Gaming needs, He seems to be More than happy with his Stone age Games and graphics .Explain Him More If you can You gotta Need a Gtx 550 ti ,7770 ,7750 ,Etc to play Recent And upcoming titles Without sacrificing much on graphics with acceptable Frame rates

Ask him if he can exceed his budget to 7 to 8 k

And one more thing ,He is stuck with vice city and max payne 2, i wonder may be There will be any PCI Express x 16 Slot on his motherboard

And off course You gotta need A Good power supply unit to support your Gpu ,motherboard.

So if you think He can Game with a 2k Gpu Then There is a Big - NO

instead Get a second hand 5670,6670 DDr5 or 5670 ICEQ 1GB GDDR5 Or geforce 630 To play more recent and upcoming titles in lowest to medium settings

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
Thanx pacificb0y, I'll explain him that. Hope he understands. The reason I want him to have a graphics card is that, I love new tech and new games and when I have played a certain game, its nice to have someone to talk to about it

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Thanx TechnoHolic I would go for HD 5450 then. We'll see how much bargaining we can do

I myself have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 with AMD Radeon HD 7670M. Can you give me an idea how various graphics card perform with respect to mine

Firstly tell him to invest more , If the answer is 'NO' , go with either HD 5450 or GT 210 [these are the only options for him then].

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

check if you can find a used HD5670 512MB/1GB GDDR5 for 2.5-3k. worth the extra cost.

Top Bottom