Graphics Cards related queries here.

sahilshah1987

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi guys I am going with Palit 512 Mb GDDR3 9600GT @ 6140/- Do u all thk its gd deal?And hw is Palit as company?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Hi guys I am going with Palit 512 Mb GDDR3 9600GT @ 6140/- Do u all thk its gd deal?And hw is Palit as company?

First of all.....if you can wait, then do so coz the ATi HD4670 will be here soon which will be priced <6000\- and it will just kill the competition in the price range. WIth that said, this deal is also not good. Xpert Vision 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 is available for 6000/-. If you cant wait then buy Xpert Vision one!

Palit is one of the most trusted company right now in this forum.

rahuljin

Broken In

4830 is also going to release in oct. and may be in nov in india.
price will be around 6-7k( i guess)

static_x

In the zone

You the big storage guy...rite...
IMHO : Go for HD4670 if it is released..:D
Otherwise : ASUS EN8600GT 256MB DDR3(around 3.7k)
ASUS NX8600GT 256MB DDR3 (around 4k)
EVGA 8600GTS 512MB DDR3 (around 5k)....
My Pick : XpertVision 9600GT - 5.5k....This one is a good deal for the price tag and perform better than the above things..

Thanks for your reply...i'll look for HD4670 and the Xpertvision 9600GT...:D

ironfreak

Journeyman

HI everyone Im posting here bcos this is a dedicated gfx card thread. After discussion with imgame2 i thought i should post my further queries here.

we were talking about quadro fx 1500 and gtx 260. so what i right now think is gtx 260 will perform same as fx 1500 on apps like Adobe Premiere, Shake, Combustion, FCP, Maya and 3ds max. or even if theres some difference it won't be much noticeable. fx 1500 employs same chip that was used in old gforce 79-- series. difference lies in firmware. still i feel that gtx 260 with 216 core will perform almost same in above mentioned apps or with little unnoticeable difference. more over 260 being 10th generation gforce will also add advantage in gaming (im a light, seldom gamer;) too).

here im indirectly comparing the two cards. that may not be a sensible comparison. but i had to do it. bcos budget is limited to 20k.

so right now im in very much favour of gtx 260 than fx 1500. and im very much open to suggestions:).

and how much hd 4870 1gb costs? so it beats gtx?? great...

thanks in advance guys...:D

imgame2

Padawan

HI everyone Im posting here bcos this is a dedicated gfx card thread. After discussion with imgame2 i thought i should post my further queries here.

we were talking about quadro fx 1500 and gtx 260. so what i right now think is gtx 260 will perform same as fx 1500 on apps like Adobe Premiere, Shake, Combustion, FCP, Maya and 3ds max. or even if theres some difference it won't be much noticeable. fx 1500 employs same chip that was used in old gforce 79-- series. difference lies in firmware. still i feel that gtx 260 with 216 core will perform almost same in above mentioned apps or with little unnoticeable difference. more over 260 being 10th generation gforce will also add advantage in gaming (im a light, seldom gamer;) too).

here im indirectly comparing the two cards. that may not be a sensible comparison. but i had to do it. bcos budget is limited to 20k.

so right now im in very much favour of gtx 260 than fx 1500. and im very much open to suggestions:).

and how much hd 4870 1gb costs? so it beats gtx?? great...

thanks in advance guys...:D

my guess is gtx260 will beat fx1500 ..cos gtx is entirely new architecture ...and its not old as G80 chips ...i saw it somewhere that modded 8800gt performs better than fx1700 ..so thats the basis of my conclusion ...

and HD4870 1Gb beats ....gtx260 core 216 ..

*anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3415&p=2

both HD4870 1Gb and gtx260 core 216 are not yet available in india but i guess they will come in india by the end of this month (that is by the end of October )

before that ...HD4670 for budget card will arrive ...

the only think in my opnion HD4870 lacks is the support for CUDA ..u have decide if its useful for u ...

ironfreak

Journeyman

ok for how much we should expect hd 4870 1gb and gtx 260 core 216? i think they too will be out of budget :(

so out of hd 4870 512mb and gtx 260... hd 4870 wins !!

im more researching on what exactly is CUDA.. seems like we can code algorithms to work the GPU as we want... is it like that? what do u think it will be useful for appls i've mentioned?

imgame2

Padawan

ok for how much we should expect hd 4870 1gb and gtx 260 core 216? i think they too will be out of budget :(

so out of hd 4870 512mb and gtx 260... hd 4870 wins !!

im more researching on what exactly is CUDA.. seems like we can code algorithms to work the GPU as we want... is it like that? what do u think it will be useful for appls i've mentioned?

well in US HD4870 1GB costs $ 20 more and HD4870 512 mb(and prices are coming down) ...and gtxcore216 costs slightly more than HD4870 1Gb ..but indian market works differently ...its more of a supply demand here ...not many spend 18k on gfx card ..but yes they can spend upto 10 k so HD4850 prices have gone down pretty steeply...

even though it is so i think ..HD4870 1GB can only be 2k~2.5k costlier than HD4870 512 gb ..and .where HD series prices are going down every fortnight ..we don't see any such inclination from nVidia sadly ... in india gtx 260 is still 2~3k costlier than HD4870 ...

my guess HD4870 1Gb should be available for 20 k approx when it arrives ...seeing the trends can't say much about gtx 260 core 216

CUDA is more for HPC (high performance computing )and yes its exactly what u have understood ..and i fail to see how it can help u in the softwares u are using ..will have to do some reaserch before ..getting back to u on this one ...

but also look at this pdf ..might be little helpful ...to understand what CUDA can do

*www.technion.ac.il/~marks/docs/GPGPU-overview.pdf

also CUDA could be helpful in photoshop CS4 and Premiere CS4 ...

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9602&Itemid=34

but still i think CUDA being a faster means if some effect takes say 15 seconds on HD4870 ..it might take 10 seconds at the best on gtx260...being a semi pro ..i don't think that will matter too much for u ..so HD4870 1Gb is should real VFM ..for u too ...

PS- pardon me for provding so many links ...but last two days i m not in my best of health ..and i think it might overshadow my judgements ..hence i m providing u links ..so that it can help u in some way or other ..

ironfreak

Journeyman

I expect price drop in existing HD 4870 512mb and Gtx 260. So I think I should wait till November and see the new cards then decide. :)

And those links are very helpful buddy...

ayush002

Broken In

my guess is gtx260 will beat fx1500 ..cos gtx is entirely new architecture ...and its not old as G80 chips ...i saw it somewhere that modded 8800gt performs better than fx1700 ..so thats the basis of my conclusion ...

and HD4870 1Gb beats ....gtx260 core 216 ..

*anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3415&p=2

both HD4870 1Gb and gtx260 core 216 are not yet available in india but i guess they will come in india by the end of this month (that is by the end of October )

before that ...HD4670 for budget card will arrive ...

the only think in my opnion HD4870 lacks is the support for CUDA ..u have decide if its useful for u ...

what if we compare HD4850 with similarly priced quadro cards? I m interested in gaming as well as 3d designing/rendering with maya but my budget is limited to 12k. Will HD4850 be the ideal choice for me?

imgame2

Padawan

what if we compare HD4850 with similarly priced quadro cards? I m interested in gaming as well as 3d designing/rendering with maya but my budget is limited to 12k. Will HD4850 be the ideal choice for me?

offcourse HD4850 beats any card in that vicinity ..hands down ...and quadro cards are well known that ..they don't perform great in games ....i guess u will do great with HD4850 ..cos

To make this business concept work, the manufacturers protect themselves fairly successfully so that nobody can take a cheap gaming card like the GeForce or Radeon and turn it into a Quadro FX or FireGL. Granted, hackers repeatedly try to destroy this distinction by employing soft-mods on drivers and in the graphics cards’ BIOS files—and this is sometimes possible because in the end, the products are 99% the same.

source
quadro fx low end and medium end cards are based on G80 chip at max ...
as i said before ...if u are not pro ....HD4850 will suffice ur job pretty well plus u get awesome gaming card at ur disposal ...any quadro fx card in that range can't even dare beat 9600gt ...leave alone 8800gt/9800gt and HD4850 is VFM in that category ..next value for money card is HD4870 @17k ...any other than that is not recommended for a gamer ..or lets say semi-pro ..

I expect price drop in existing HD 4870 512mb and Gtx 260. So I think I should wait till November and see the new cards then decide. :)

And those links are very helpful buddy...

if u are waiting till November prices will definitely drop and u can get various new flavors in existing cards as well ...

keep looking for new things coming up ...

Last edited:

static_x

In the zone

Hey Guys what about PALIT GF-8600GT Super+1GB it is available for 4.5K should i go with it?
ATi HD4670 is better option as suggested..any idea where i can get it from...online....:)

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

Don't go for the Palit 8600GT. Even though it's got a gig of RAM, the core isn't powerful enough to keep all that RAM busy. Go for the ATi HD4670.

ironfreak

Journeyman

we are in same position. go blindly for the 4850. if u ever wanted quadro get the 30-40k walla.... thats what i think.

ayush002

Broken In

offcourse HD4850 beats any card in that vicinity ..hands down ...and quadro cards are well known that ..they don't perform great in games ....i guess u will do great with HD4850 ..cos

quadro fx low end and medium end cards are based on G80 chip at max ...
as i said before ...if u are not pro ....HD4850 will suffice ur job pretty well plus u get awesome gaming card at ur disposal ...any quadro fx card in that range can't even dare beat 9600gt ...leave alone 8800gt/9800gt and HD4850 is VFM in that category ..next value for money card is HD4870 @17k ...any other than that is not recommended for a gamer ..or lets say semi-pro ..

thanks for d info..:smile: i hv decided to go for 4850..

@ironfreak
being jst a student, can't afford dat 30-40k wala..maybe later:D for now, 4850 will be d way to go

ironfreak

Journeyman

thanks for d info..:smile: i hv decided to go for 4850..

@ironfreak
being jst a student, can't afford dat 30-40k wala..maybe later:D for now, 4850 will be d way to go
yaar main bhi student hoon...:D NO to quadro below fx1700. thats why decided to wait till Nov. otherwise I'd go with 4870.

Top Bottom