Graphics Cards related queries here.

imgame2

Padawan
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Thanks.
And what about this new company?
Damn these new 3rd party vendors popping out of nowhere(Zotac,Xpertvision..........).Makes hard to decide.

"XpertVision is Palit's European VGA graphics cards brand. Only recently they released an announcement that the brands will merge again to become "Palit Microsystems Ltd."."

palit has three divison namely - Palit,gainward and xpertvision.

*www.palit.biz/main/about.php?id=1

zotac is also a company based in hong kong

being based in hong kong they get an edge to get chips at very very low price which are fabricated in taiwan (which is the powerhouse of chip fabrication in Asia,other plants are situated in singapore,malaysia and south korea)...inface most of semicondutor chip needs of asia and middle east and even europe today is fullfilled by chips fabricated in taiwan.In some cases chip fabrication cost is cheaper than US.

both nVidia and ATI (before AMD took over ATI ) are "fabless"(FABricationLESS) companies ...which means they don't have their own fabrication plants and their fabrication is done in taiwan..for example for both nvidia and ati .... a semiconductor foundry (as they are called for semiconductor fabrication plant) called Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSME) used to fabricate the chips,which incidentally is the biggest semiconductor foundry of the world.Offcourse AMD has its own fabrication plant as Intel so ATI has got one of its own foundry now,but ATI still has an agreement with TSME.

now since the chips are manufactured in taiwan ...and hong kong being closest and also being in same country...china,the companies ...even small start ups like zotac and palit gets the chips for very cheap..much cheaper than US counterparts...and thus they can make the graphics cards available for very cheap,still maintaing the quality since the chips are from ATI and nVidia anyway.if they use a high quality components ..then product turns out to be good. its simply that chip market is flourishing so new market players are coming up.

thats the story behind new companies coming out of nowhere....they are good in their own right ..but being very new in the field ..they are not well known...this was same situation with XFX(which is the subsidiary of pine technology)about 4-5 years ago.... its a well known name now...and incidently its also situated in hong kong.

ASUS is a Taiwanese company,but we don't find much cheaper products from asus...cos they strive for qulity...and quality comes at a cost.

MSI is again a Taiwanese company.. all the good company are Taiwanese.....moreover if one can look at them they are all Chinese...but definitely Taiwan has set its standard sky high ...when compared to other Chinese products..which are miserably bad and dirt cheap...

having said all that ...xpertvision also have launched HD4850 cards ...which is now available at lynx @ 9250/- including taxes ....phew! ...prices are just keep coming down for HD4850...so one can get HD4850 at 9.4k max !!!!! and 9800 gtx+ still costs 12.5k....3k more ....

imgame2

Padawan

@imgame2 : cud u post the link of lynx :rolleyes:

here is the link for lynx

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=201

mind u xpertvision HD4850 is not available yet...but will be available soon... u can find that its written in news section.going by soon meant by lynx ..it should be by next week anyhow.

Expertvision And Gigabyte Product Additions Continue ,We Will Sell Expertvision 4850 for Rs :9250/- + Shipping Soon.

shipping all over india will not be more than 150/- to most of the big cities...so the card will be available for 9.4 k max !!

oh they have added the xpertvision HD4850 here

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2736

mind u the price quoted here is 8,895/- which is excluding VAT

so the price that will come to u when u buy it ...

8,895/- + 355/- = 9250 /- + 150 /-shipping (which should be less than 150/-) = 9400/-

Last edited:

kallu_be

Right off the assembly line

Actually Xpertvision, Gainward and palit cards are all the same. Its just that palit market same card using different names. I have read somewhere that gainward golden sample is actually palit sonic with different cooler.

imgame2

Padawan

Actually Xpertvision, Gainward and palit cards are all the same. Its just that palit market same card using different names. I have read somewhere that gainward golden sample is actually palit sonic with different cooler.

thats what i said above ...they are the division of same company palit - palit,gainward and Xpertvision.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

thats what i said above ...they are the division of same company palit - palit,gainward and Xpertvision.

lets have a conclusion then...
what brand to buy for HD4850? saphhire/gecube/palit/xpertvision?
need a reply quick...will be placing an order by 1st sept....mayb at lynx.

imgame2

Padawan

lets have a conclusion then...
what brand to buy for HD4850? saphhire/gecube/palit/xpertvision?
need a reply quick...will be placing an order by 1st sept....mayb at lynx.

bro i really wanted to buy the same time as u ...but the way prices are falling ....today i feel very confused if it would a right decision to buy it now ...cos within weeks pre-Oced card will crop up ...i don't know how much will they cost ..if they do crop up ...

but will it be worth a wait ???

as u and acewin said sapphire is a good brand ....and i kinda agree with u guys ..since Xpertvision have comeup with lower prices i m sure sapphire prices will come down too someone here said on some post sapphire will cost 9.1k soon on lynx...and i m sure it will cos Xpertvision has made the card 1k less cheaper.

but really question remains the same ..which brand to trust ....i was thinking about calling up the guy and ask him about Xpertvision and warranty ..i guess its 2 years ..and will it be serviced at our respective places .... if not i guess gecube/palit can be serviced since for u tirupati is selling it...and for they are available too ...what do u say ...i m really confused about it today ...now.

tkin

Back to school!!

bro i really wanted to buy the same time as u ...but the way prices are falling ....today i feel very confused if it would a right decision to buy it now ...cos within weeks pre-Oced card will crop up ...i don't know how much will they cost ..if they do crop up ...

as u and acewin said sapphire is a good brand ....and i kinda agree with u guys ..since Xpertvision have comeup with lower prices i m sure sapphire prices will come down too someone here said on some post sapphire will cost 9.1k soon on lynx...and i m sure it will cos Xpertvision has made the card 1k less cheaper.

but really question remains the same ..which brand to trust ....i was thinking about calling up the guy and ask him about Xpertvision and warranty ..i guess its 2 years ..and will it be serviced at our respective places .... if not i guess gecube/palit can be serviced since for u tirupati is selling it...and for they are available too ...what do u say ...i m really confused about it today ...now.
Sapphire's been around for a long time now, and on ATI segment they have made a reputation as much as XFX on nVidia.Xpertvision is claimed to be a part of PALIT but they've been crawling up in market pretty recently even though PALIT claims as much fame as Sapphire itself. Buying Xpertvision is as same as buying ZOTAC.
BUT you never know unless you try.XFX started out even worse than these companies have.So its upto you.FAME & REPUTATION vs COST-EFFECTIVENESS & PRICING.

P.S- I would personally prefer Sapphire and GeCube/Palit.But Xpertvision may prove me wrong.:rolleyes:

tkin

Back to school!!

Does intel motherboards support graphic cards
In a NUTSHELL==>
Depends on type:-
1.PCIe slot bearing mobos support PCIe1/2.0 graphic cards(ALL recent Intel Chipsets).
2.AGP slot bearing mobos support AGP graphic cards,(really old Intel chipsets) and they are non compatible with each other.So check out slot type on mobo to find compatible graphic cards.

P.S-AGP graphic cards are phased out.Go for PCIe if mobo supports.Or change mobo first to PCIe type.
Post your mobo model no so members here may check it for you.
AS A WHOLE INTEL MOBO'S SUPPORT GRAPHIC CARDS(Price 1k-35k).

imgame2

Padawan

Sapphire's been around for a long time now, and on ATI segment they have made a reputation as much as XFX on nVidia.Xpertvision is claimed to be a part of PALIT but they've been crawling up in market pretty recently even though PALIT claims as much fame as Sapphire itself. Buying Xpertvision is as same as buying ZOTAC.
BUT you never know unless you try.XFX started out even worse than these companies have.So its upto you.FAME & REPUTATION vs COST-EFFECTIVENESS & PRICING.

P.S- I would personally prefer Sapphire and GeCube/Palit.But Xpertvision may prove me wrong.:rolleyes:

yes you are right ...and Xpertvision is new to indian market...they have been selling in uk for a long time now so in US ...i don't know about their popularity.but they were there and people had been buying that card.u can see Xpertvision card all over the online shops in UK and europe.

but still i have not seen any creditable review from any site about Xpertvision....will look for sapphire ....

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~

sorry haven't checked it first
well posted my problem here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96616
please help me

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

hell...u can keep waiting till d r800 is here! :) kiddin.
imo,oc ed cards are only IN for the custom coolers...not jus 4 d clocks....and btw,the stock 4850 does jus as well.....and prices will fall each day...but imo,prices hv alredy reached the baseline for the 4850,as they have for the 9800/8800gt!
the prices are in tune wid the international trend at the currnet xchng rates.
as about the 9800gtx+ i ws considering,its abt 2-2.5k dearer than the 4850.....i dont want to pay that much for cuda and physx yet....mayb in 2009 when i will upgrade my rig....only then will physx IMO have something of a say in the market...
tho i very much want a overlocked card....i don see y d fan twaek of the 4850 wont serve me well wid overclocks?
wat say?
i m actually waitin for ur answer to go in and take the plunge(i mean, order :D)

tkin

Back to school!!

Nice choice mukherjee, +10.Go for it.
Off topic--Anyone having trouble with Youtube India - *in.youtube.com ?
With old ip range 59.x.x.x(BSNL)

imgame2

Padawan

hell...u can keep waiting till d r800 is here! :) kiddin.

yes u are right bro ....i just tend to think that when i buy anything new ...but u are right.

imo,oc ed cards are only IN for the custom coolers...not jus 4 d clocks....and btw,the stock 4850 does jus as well

right again will have to do the fan tweak if v get an old batch ...if its with new bios update..i hope we will not need it.

.....and prices will fall each day...but imo,prices hv alredy reached the baseline for the 4850,as they have for the 9800/8800gt!
the prices are in tune wid the international trend at the currnet xchng rates.
as about the 9800gtx+ i ws considering,its abt 2-2.5k dearer than the 4850.....i dont want to pay that much for cuda and physx yet....mayb in 2009 when i will upgrade my rig....only then will physx IMO have something of a say in the market...
tho i very much want a overlocked card....i don see y d fan twaek of the 4850 wont serve me well wid overclocks?
wat say?
i m actually waitin for ur answer to go in and take the plunge(i mean, order :D)

again very right my friend ...prices will keep falling everyday ...and i was ready to pay 12.5k for this now atleast i m getting it for 10.5k for sapphire.and i agree with u about physX and CUDA...after a year and a half i will upgrade my system too ..till then HD4850 is the best bet for my money.

and yes fan tweak will enable to overclock it dearly ...though i don't think i will need it as i will mostly be playing it for 1440x900 resolution ....unless i buy a 22" monitor in few months ....so stock speed will be more than enough for me...

so its decided that we are going for HD4850 next week i will be placing the order only by Wednesday next week ...so which brand then ...sapphire ...??

i talked to lynx yesterday ...i asked him about Xpertvision he said its new company thats why launching the products at cheap rates in India..though it has 2 years warranty.and he will give it.i asked him about sapphire rates coming down ...he said no (which i doubt cos he is a businessman...wants to sell his stuff for good margin)...shipping costs have increased now its flat rate shipping for 170/- (DTDC)for stuff weighing less than 5kg.

i asked him why is Xpertvision selling it so cheap ..he said all the cards are of reference design whether its palit/gecube/sapphire...its just the sticker which is changed...and if Xpervision is selling it for so cheap ..its good for consumers..they should use the opportunity. ...moreover Xpertvision's price is only till Sunday evening then either others will come down too or Xpertvision will go up ...

earlyman21

the innocent gamer

guys can u give me the cheapest gaming rig around a 8800gt card & intel 6750 proccy complete with monitor,psu ....etc
mah budget is 23 - 25k :confused::confused:

imgame2

Padawan

guys can u give me the cheapest gaming rig around a 8800gt card & intel 6750 proccy complete with monitor,psu ....etc
mah budget is 23 - 25k :confused::confused:

u mean u have 8800gt and intel 6750 already with u ?? or u are planning to buy them ??

ayush002

Broken In

my mobo is asus p5kpl-cm, wid 1 pcie x16 slot. will it support 4850?
also, i have 450w power supply(Pearl). will it suffice?

e4600,2gb transcend 800 mhz,250gb seagate sata2

Top Bottom