Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

MSI 8800GT OC
e-VGA 8800GT KO Edition

these are the best available "variants"

ashfame

Padawan

I have decided to go with the 8800gt 512mb knock out

what about PSU? kitne watt ka?

and 22" inch screen will display HD content at a smaller size. Thats it. right?

shivg33k

I s33 G33ky p30pl3

Guys i am assembling a new PC, i have got most if the component except GPU & Mobo, since ATI has recently launches 4xxx series cards, i was thinking of buying ATI 4850 card (12.2K), is there any price cut scheduled for next week,i will also use the mobo for crossfire in future which mobo should i buy (for Intel E8400) budget 13K for GPU and 10k for mobo.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

do i really need that much ?

PSU calculator says 319W so I thnk 450W or 500W shd be enough.

What say?

yes. . but most psu's in the range of 500bucks offer very low efficiancy and due to capacitor aging psu efficiancy keeps dropping.
i recommended cooler master 600W coz difference in price between 500W and 600W is low. even a CM 500W will do.
i stand by what i said earlier.

saiyaman

Journeyman

I have a query on troubleshooting my graphics card. The thing is I recently got a Zebronics 8800GT and a Cooler Master Extreme 600w PSU. Whenever I start a graphics intensive game, sometimes the screen hangs at the main menu or when the game has loaded and the PC hangs up as well. This happens every once in a while but I dont want it to happen because it doesnt seem to be normal stuff.
Please help me out if possible. I have the latest Nvidia drivers loaded and Iam using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with the following config:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2 Ghz
2x 1 GB Transcend DDR2RAM @ 800Mhz
Intel DG965RY Motherboard
Samsung Syncmaster 740NW LCD Widescreen

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan

but most psu's in the range of 500bucks

CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR Extreme Power 500W Rs.2650
CoolerMaster RP-600-PCAR Extreme Power 600W Rs.3150

Corsair 450W Power Supply (VX450W) Rs.3650

I have a query on troubleshooting my graphics card. The thing is I recently got a Zebronics 8800GT and a Cooler Master Extreme 600w PSU. Whenever I start a graphics intensive game, sometimes the screen hangs at the main menu or when the game has loaded and the PC hangs up as well. This happens every once in a while but I dont want it to happen because it doesnt seem to be normal stuff.
Please help me out if possible. I have the latest Nvidia drivers loaded and Iam using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with the following config:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2 Ghz
2x 1 GB Transcend DDR2RAM @ 800Mhz
Intel DG965RY Motherboard
Samsung Syncmaster 740NW LCD Widescreen

Thanks in advance. :)

Offtopic:
I have a similar configuration as yours. Just 2.0Ghz C2D. I am upgrading to 8800gt so I wanted to know how much performance you can really see. Please note that I will be using 1680 * 1050 resolution.

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone

@ saiyaman
i suggest you to try without using UPS .give direct connection to socket.Let me know if it still hangs.

iceVamp

Broken In

hey...do nvidia cards have any conflict with AMD processors...i mean do games run smoothly to the full potential of the card and the processor..and the comp doesnt hang irregulartly and stuff??

rahulyo

Journeyman

hey...do nvidia cards have any conflict with AMD processors...i mean do games run smoothly to the full potential of the card and the processor..and the comp doesnt hang irregulartly and stuff??

Only one answer ...

NO

afonofa

Journeyman

I'm looking to buy an AGP graphics card. The dealer at a local hardware store said he has 7300GT 512Mb for Rs.3475/- I'm more inclined to buy a 512MB 7600GS. But I don't think its available in India.

Which is the best agp card currently available in mumbai?

I have a friend overseas who might be able to mail me the 512MB 7600GS for Rs.5000/- But I'm not sure whether I'll have to pay extra customs duty or other taxes if I have my friend mail the card to me. Anybody knows about this?

I'll be getting a new comp around diwali. But I want to play caesarIV right now and I don't want to wait for that 7600GS.

Will the 512MB 7300GT be able to handle caesarIV?

While searching I came across a post where somebody was wanting to sell an AGP 7600 with a warranty but I cant find that thread and I dont remember the date of that post anyway. It might have been sold by now but just incase it hasn't, reply here.

Top Spin help

Hi, I got a game called Top Spin...............The minimum required config being

wanted
CPU: Intel 1GHz (or equivalent) or higher
RAM: 256MB or higher
HDD: 1.7GB free
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive: 4x speed or higher
Video: Nvidia GeForce 3 (63MB) or ATI Radeon 8500 (63MB) or higher
Sound: DirectX9.0 compatible sound card
DirectX: DirectX9.0 required (included on the CD) or higher

i have
OS:Win XP Service Pack 3(courtesy our good friends at Digit)
CPU:Intel 1.8 Ghz dual core E2160
RAM:1 gb
HDD:80 gb
DVD drive: 52x
Video: Intel 82945G Express Family Chipset, 128 MB
Sound: DirectX9.0 compatible sound card
DirectX: DirectX9.0c

when i run the game it says:
YOUR GRAPHICS CARD DOES NOT SUPPRT VERTEX AND/OR PIXEL SHADER 1.1
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS.

the game is not running...............

now what is confusing is that i had the second version of the same game......Top Spin 2........... and that WORKED, but it kept crashing while i was playing it( you will find a thread bout that posted in the software section........plz help if u can). SO i got the 1st part of the game and that is not even

starting........................THE IRONY OF THE THING.

P.S: Just for info Top Spin and Top Spin 2 are tennis games.:smile:

saiyaman

Journeyman

@ saiyaman
i suggest you to try without using UPS .give direct connection to socket.Let me know if it still hangs.
O oki. Will let you know when Ive tested it. And o ya I forgot to mention that when it hangs, theres some sort of colour corruption on the monitor.It shows up when it gets hanged. :)
BTW whats the difference in this? :confused:

ancientrites

In the zone

the reason behind this could be your smps which is low in watts or it could be UPS which restricts maximum usage by smps.for safety sake you should have 550watts smps and 700watts ups

andysmith45

Broken In

Will my psu support XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty?

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150238

My psu is Powersafe 500W with 18A on the +12V rail (Single Rail).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ yup. . it'll be fine.. .but dont buy it if it costs more than 5k. .for 6k u can get a much better 9600GSO which ur psu can run . .

Top Bottom