Graphics Cards related queries here.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

well can this card be compared to any 7 or 6 series card.:D
i mean is it equivalent to 7300gt.

yash2006

Everything is possible

my big 7600gs is not working with window vista it is giving error code 43.i checked it on card manufacturer site and it says that card is vista compatible.I've installed all latest and old drivers for my card but no help.plz help.

prospeak

Right off the assembly line

Hey guys i need some help ...

i'm planning to get a new graphic card in under 10 k range.......
performance is a priority as i already have the following config bought at the end of jan.

e6550,
intel dg33fb,
xfx 8600 gt(256 ddr3),
i-ball cabinet ( with stock smps m not sure abt 400w or 450w)
2X1gb (667mhz) ddr2 ram in dual channel

i think this is all the info that is required .....
8600 is not a bad card(can run anything at 1024X768 but when i bought it 8800 series started at 14000/-
and the card in b/w was 8600 gts which is overpriced( my opinion )4 just an overclocked card.

i need a card 2 run crysis and assassin's creed at max ( 1280 X 1024 )

Ati cards are fairly compatible wth intel processor n mobo right?

i m not sure abt ati or nvidia( . . . as in what to buy )

sorry 4 the post getting bigger but it would be a huge help if u can quote the prices too.
Any help will be apprecated

Thanks

P.S : plan to buy it mid june.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ to early to decide if u're intending to buy in june. .rite now , gigabyte / MSI / evga 8800GT is a good choice.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

I currently have a 7600GT. Is there any 9600GT offering in 5-8k price bracket? If not then any chances of price drop soon? By soon I mean by July-August:smile:

ancientrites

In the zone

attention digitians
my graohic card info under techpower gpu-z.1.7
gpu temperature 66.5 c
pcb temperature 59.8
fan speed 60%
fan speed 1627 rpm
no overclock,no rivatuner nothing my question is the temperature alrite?or should i need something.i observed while playing vegas2 gpu and pcb goes up to 69.5 and 60.5.is THIS OK????

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^The temperatures are fine, nothing to worry about.
My 8600GT goes upto 91C while playing games and 109C when i run 3D mark triangle test... See this

duron111

HElp

Memory (RAM): 2030 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
CPU Speed: 2199.4 MHz
Sound card: SRS Labs Audio Sandbox
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Network Adapters: Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection -
Hard Disks: C: 250GB | D: 70GB
Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 05/02/07 | INTEL - d8
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DG33FB
Mointor:Samsung Sync Master 793s

this is my presnt config.
i will be buying a Dell SP2208WFP 22"(with a max res of 1680 x 1050)
my concern is will my present grafic card support this screen?!!!
i am also planning u upgrade my grafic card in a couple of months .
i have my eyes on GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce 9800 GTX,my question is will i have to change my mother board ?or add extra cooling ? also will i need to change my SMPS ?
also i do some animation work and play a lot of games so will i also need to increase my ram ??to 4 GB ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ ram is enough. no need for new mobo . .extra cooling may not be needed ( mostly ) . yes , u'll HAVE to change the smps.

uday9484

Broken In

true , old XFX 8600GT udf7 overheated a lot reaching the 90C's for me. .the replacement i got UAL3 is better ( max i've seen is 80C and idles at 60C ) but not all that satisfactory. . .XFX seems to be getting a bad reputation regarding overheating . even the 8800GT alpha dog owners seem to have complaints..

by all means asus 8600GT is much better.. . much cooler.

since u're saying u have a budget of 7k , if u can extend to about 9k , u can get double the performance of 8600GT by getting a 9600GT. . but also be sure to get atleast a cooler master 500W psu in case u opt for 9600GT ..

if u can get a radeon 3850 for around 7-8k , that will also be a much better deal compared to the 8600GT.
is there any diff in price between UDF7 and UAL3 and just follow this link
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...ade;+8600&seriesId=1054321&productId=1054324#

from above what are available models in india(mean HYD)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@uday , i'm sorry . i dont have the answers to ur question. .but i hardly think u need any help regarding this . goto the market and find out .. try pm'ing cooldude1 ( Mr.Rahul from theitwares ). make a phone call to rashi periperals . ( visit rptechindia.com to find the phone numbers ).

@rudick , better stick to ur 7600GT for now. . palit 9600GT is the cheapest and costs about 9.4k ..besides, taking a 9600GT will mean u need atleast a cooler master 500W smps .. price drop . i think it might happen with the introduction of radeon 48xx series which is expected in june..

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz

I ve got a EVGA 9600GT Knock Out......great card man....in Crysis even on 1280x960 with 8xAAand AF i get 20-30FPS even at most graphically strong places.....
My question is that afetr playing Crysis i find my cards temperature at around 70C....and at ideal it is 58C...is it ok??
and also when i touch my G.Skill RAMS(not overclocked) they are a bit hot...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

dont know abt the ram . but the g-card's temps are fine. . but i would like to know how you found out the temp as the temps go down pretty fast when they're high.. use riva tuner to log temp while playing games and then find the peak temp .. if its below 80C , then its fine. i'm quite sure this will be the case and u have no overheating problem.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz

i ve got 2GB of Performance RAM....so when i reach desktop by Alt-Tab it gives no prob...the peaks what i ve got is 73c....not more then that

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

^ gskill rams heat more than a value ram,if you are comparing with it..
in fact all performance rams do..

I've added a Corsair dominator cooler over my rams and overclocked to 1150mhz

Card temperature is absolutely normal..i.e. EVGA \XFX \ MSI 9600GT heat up like this..the only card thats cooler is Asus 9600GT with a custom cooler ( which i have ) ..38degrees idle and max 44degrees @ load

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz

Actually the sticks are in Dual channel mode....and i have hefty wires of Corsair 450VX all around....so i feel the second stick is hindered.....even when touch them i find that the second stick is hotter....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

in Crysis even on 1280x960 with 8xAAand AF i get 20-30FPS even at most graphically strong places.....
At 8X AA and 8XAF??? U sure, what u are saying? What are the card's clocks during gaming in Crysis?? If possible, attach the screenshots of Sphere/Ice with same settings u mentioned along with FPS.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

..besides, taking a 9600GT will mean u need atleast a cooler master 500W smps ..

One of my friend has XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition, and he is using a CM Extreme 430W PSU without any issues.
9600GT requires and consume less power than 8800GT!

Hey guys i need some help ...

i'm planning to get a new graphic card in under 10 k range.......
performance is a priority as i already have the following config bought at the end of jan.

e6550,
intel dg33fb,
xfx 8600 gt(256 ddr3),
i-ball cabinet ( with stock smps m not sure abt 400w or 450w)
2X1gb (667mhz) ddr2 ram in dual channel

i think this is all the info that is required .....
8600 is not a bad card(can run anything at 1024X768 but when i bought it 8800 series started at 14000/-
and the card in b/w was 8600 gts which is overpriced( my opinion )4 just an overclocked card.

i need a card 2 run crysis and assassin's creed at max ( 1280 X 1024 )

Ati cards are fairly compatible wth intel processor n mobo right?

i m not sure abt ati or nvidia( . . . as in what to buy )

sorry 4 the post getting bigger but it would be a huge help if u can quote the prices too.
Any help will be apprecated

Thanks

P.S : plan to buy it mid june.

Get 9600GT, its under 10,000/- range!

Memory (RAM): 2030 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
CPU Speed: 2199.4 MHz
Sound card: SRS Labs Audio Sandbox
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Network Adapters: Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection -
Hard Disks: C: 250GB | D: 70GB
Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 05/02/07 | INTEL - d8
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DG33FB
Mointor:Samsung Sync Master 793s

this is my presnt config.
i will be buying a Dell SP2208WFP 22"(with a max res of 1680 x 1050)
my concern is will my present grafic card support this screen?!!!
i am also planning u upgrade my grafic card in a couple of months .
i have my eyes on GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce 9800 GTX,my question is will i have to change my mother board ?or add extra cooling ? also will i need to change my SMPS ?
also i do some animation work and play a lot of games so will i also need to increase my ram ??to 4 GB ?

Those monster cards require Dual 6 pin power connectors. So Corsair HX620 is better choice for either of the cards.

For that resolution, u can also look at 512MB 8800GTS, that will be fine.

Last edited:

niax

HI there guyzz...
i've got a prob with my card/riva tuner
when i increase the fan speed to 100% and start the game,it comes back to 30% shortly and the temp shoots up...any way i can make it to run at 100% all time???i have 8600gts xfx

Top Bottom