Graphics Cards related queries here.

krisjr

In the zone
geek_rohit said:
Then the FX5200 is the best. Will work in the 4X mode too. Yeah not much of a different between 4X and 8X.

tx again for the reply..any other contenders..do msg....yes any idea how much tat FX 5200 wil cost in say mumbai,delhi...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
krisjr said:
geek_rohit said:
Then the FX5200 is the best. Will work in the 4X mode too. Yeah not much of a different between 4X and 8X.

tx again for the reply..any other contenders..do msg....yes any idea how much tat FX 5200 wil cost in say mumbai,delhi...
It shud be arnd 2.5 - 2.8k in mumbai. A far better card wud be the radeon 9550 but its a tad costlier than the fx arnd 4.5k sumthng.

bunny01in

Broken In
My budjet is Rs 6000

Hey man my budjet is 6k, am thinking of buying XFX PCX 5750 or xfx 5300 graphics card, which one should i buy? also name some other cards which will give me good performance at this price. XFX brand is my choice.

Johnny_Bravo

Broken In
i wanna buy a graphics accelerator card which makes me play games like FIFA 2004, Doom 3, Rise of Nations etc with decent performance and costs less than 5000

i have a celeron 500 Mhz,192 mb sdram.

what do u suggest?

PLZ don't comment on my CPU, I Love it!!!

but if u do plz tell me a configuration that'll cost me less than 20,000 (including graphics card) and performs well.
i'm also confused as people say that amd processors are cr*p but they look cool to me as they are economical

can any onboard solution help???

suave_guy

pedal to metal
bunny01in said:
Hey man my budjet is 6k, am thinking of buying XFX PCX 5750 or xfx 5300 graphics card, which one should i buy? also name some other cards which will give me good performance at this price. XFX brand is my choice.
if u've a budget of 6K then its better to go for ati radeon 9600 SE over the cards u've mentioned in ur post...

ENjoy :)

suave_guy

pedal to metal
fx5200 works in 8x mode but is backward compatible with 4x mode so it will work in 4x mode too and the performance difference b/w 4x mode and 8x mode is also negligible....

radeon 9550 is tad better then fx 5200...i wud suggest u radeon 9550...

ENjoy...

u can play doom3 even with very low end cards-with all settings turned to lowest,of course.
so for 5000 bucks,u gotta check out a 5200 256mb card from XFX,its quite good in its category.

krisjr

In the zone
suave_guy said:
fx5200 works in 8x mode but is backward compatible with 4x mode so it will work in 4x mode too and the performance difference b/w 4x mode and 8x mode is also negligible....

radeon 9550 is tad better then fx 5200...i wud suggest u radeon 9550...

ENjoy...

hi
which cos do u suggest if its radeon chipset.i hate XFX.so suggest some other names..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@krisjr...Well The minimum on Radeon that i reckon would be Ati Radeon 9600Pro if ya have 7k to spare and they are not XFX brands but Powercolor,Gigabyte,MSI etc.

@tushar_novice...For ur budget u can either get a XFX Geforce FX5200 with 128 MB Vram (For 2.5k) Or the 256MB Vram Version (for 4k).This will run Doom 3 a Normal Resolutions and will be playable decently :wink:

krisjr

In the zone
@MI2 well mate not tat much.suggest below or equal to 5k...is it true tat radeon is tad better tan geforce fx5220 or it depends on games.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well then Below that will leave ya with just 2 choices either Radeon 9550(not Exactly sure about its price range though)or Radeon 9200SE Pro both of em will suffice ur budget :wink:

and well ya till a certain extent its true that Radeon is really better than FX5200 in terms of performance and VFM,Kinda like AMD VS intel battle but remember Geforce Does have a little bit of edge over Radeon when it comes to The 6-Series of Nvidia cards :wink:

[flAsh]

In the zone
checkout my xgi V8 Ultra Duo monster

*www.freespaces.com/techlabs/BIOS/25.jpg

Yupp it looks cool and sounds like a turbo jet

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
krisjr said:
@MI2 but which company wud u choose.in other words which are ur favs..which one u hav...
The 9550 is available for 5.5k i guess which shud be ideal for you. Also Ati is lowering the price on its 9600pro card to 90$ which comes to arnd 4k so i think you shud wait it out for a while.

Top Bottom