Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Then u can have a 6200 AGP version.There are plenty of cards for AGP.Although its not widely available but its also not dead...not yet.
U can search on the web or can ask ur local dealer for AGP version graphics card.

ComputerUser

Journeyman

I want to buy a PCI graphics card within Rs 8000.

1)It should have 256mb memory
2)It should be Directx10 compatible
And the rest should be compatible to play atleast the latest games.
Anyone knows which card?And I want of nvidia.:)

iluvmusic

Broken In

I am thinking of buying imac 20" .It has ati x1600 128Mb .

Is it enough for playing the latest games and those which might come in 2-3 years ? I don't want extreme performance , just decent enough for moderate frame rates and the games should be easily playable even at medium settings.

How much performance boost can the 256 MB version of the same card give ?

ComputerUser said:
I want to buy a PCI graphics card within Rs 8000.

1)It should have 256mb memory
2)It should be Directx10 compatible
And the rest should be compatible to play atleast the latest games.
Anyone knows which card?And I want of nvidia.:)

Sorry , but there are only Nvidia 8800 series availble which are DX10 compatiable . And they wont cost anything below 30.000 .

So, forget DX 10 as for now & rather get a 7600GT , which was price around 7.5k in march .

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@computeruser

u can go 8600GT for 10k or 8500GT for 6k . they have arrived (dunno abt market) . but i highly recommend u to wait for ati models to come (may14).
these geforce chipsets i said are very highly priced for their peroformance.
hopefully ati will give something cool....

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Guys nVidia is doing innvation and really advanced.Wait till the card is in the market for 1-2 months then buy it.ATi is hibernating & wake up like 17th January & had a glass of water & went to sleep again & woke up on mid of march & slept again & then 24th april & now 14th may.All we have to see is how much time ATi will sleep.
Knock knock...wake up ATi...errr..AMD, nVidia is the winner of the race!

xbonez

NP : Crysis

sagargv said:
how is 8500GT ? is it better than the 7600GT ?

of course the 8500gt would be better than the 7600gt in terms of performance as well as future-proofing since 8500gt is a dx10 card

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i wanted to know coz 8600GT is appearing to be a tot failure.
and one more thing . is vista essential to have dx10 ??

@compuser.
i think geforce6200 may be ur only option. pci is quite outdated . offers no performance... and even if u cud get a decent card for pci , ur rig wont run all games at even mid or mid-low settings coz i feel that ur cpu might be quite ancient seeing that u got only pci...so i guess u may need a total upgrade..
my advice ,dont count on being able to run all games with ur current rig(i cant say much as u havent written anything abt it.)
or if i am mistaken and u got a decent proccy with a **** mobo, go for 8500GT , and a good mobo , ofcourse that will slightly stretch ur budget . thats the best bet.
but then again i say wait for may14 . this time ati(amd) may do it . u may be able to get a much better card for the same money...

here it s guys... ati radeon 2900XT

*www.dailytech.com/ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Benchmarks/article7043.htm

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

wud a 8500GT on pcie16x perform better or a 8600GT on pcie4x do better...

darklord

Cyborg Agent

sagargv said:
wud a 8500GT on pcie16x perform better or a 8600GT on pcie4x do better...

8600GT on 4X. PCIe slot speed hardly makes any difference when it comes to mid end cards.Maybe the difference is felt in SLI or Xfire with high end GPU.

kooabs03

Banned

Hi friends. i have a 8X pci-e slot in my computer. which graphics card can fit into it. should b within 2-2.5k range

Last edited:
S

slash_89

i have an asus m2n pv-vm mainboard,
it has an nvidia geforce 6150 IGP
when i play games like hp3 the heatsink of the gpu is untouchable, cos its so damn hot
i dont know what the twmp is, how do i find out? *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif
and is there any way i can fix a fan for this gpu?

darklord

Cyborg Agent

slash_89 said:
i have an asus m2n pv-vm mainboard,
it has an nvidia geforce 6150 IGP
when i play games like hp3 the heatsink of the gpu is untouchable, cos its so damn hot
i dont know what the twmp is, how do i find out? *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif
and is there any way i can fix a fan for this gpu?

Welcome to nvidia Chipsets !!:D
There is no way to check temps for chipset but you can attach a small fan on it by attaching it with a doublesided adhesive tape or just direct airflow from a normal 80mm fan over the heatsink. ;)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

how much performance will i loose ? i have asrock 775dual915GL board. its got only a pcie4x slot. shud i change mobo to intel915 and buy 8500GT or keep this one and buy 8600GT.

Also i wud like to know the cheapest audio card ( shud support 4.1 speakers ) that supports vista ? this mobo the manufacturer ( asrock.com ) says supports only 2.1 audio in vista . i'm using only 2.1 now.. but will there be any probs in games in vista with the onboard audio now ??

darklord

Cyborg Agent

sagargv said:
how much performance will i loose ? i have asrock 775dual915GL board. its got only a pcie4x slot. shud i change mobo to intel915 and buy 8500GT or keep this one and buy 8600GT.

Also i wud like to know the cheapest audio card ( shud support 4.1 speakers ) that supports vista ? this mobo the manufacturer ( asrock.com ) says supports only 2.1 audio in vista . i'm using only 2.1 now.. but will there be any probs in games in vista with the onboard audio now ??

I would say stick with 8600GT, you can change mobo later on,better card is always better.
You can get Creative SB Live! 7.1 Sound card which costs around 1.5-2.0k

S

slash_89

darklord said:
Welcome to nvidia Chipsets !!:D
There is no way to check temps for chipset but you can attach a small fan on it by attaching it with a doublesided adhesive tape or just direct airflow from a normal 80mm fan over the heatsink. ;)

im a noob, so plz explain in detail if u dont mind,
and if i dont take any measure will my IGP(nvidia geforce6150) get burnt?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@slash,well , he says that there aint any temp sensors , so if u're feeling it to be very hot. fit an extra fan.

will it get burnt ?? i dunno much abt that. but first errors u wud get are artifacts , irregular unwanted polygons and graphics errors while playing .

@darklord ,thanks.. very well . then i'll go for 8600GT once i can get it ( or some better ati if any...) . will my onboard support games on vista ?? the mobo site says it will run on 2.1 only in vista ??

Top Bottom