Graphics Cards related queries here.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

i don't think its a 640 MB one .. its the 320 MB one by most chances ... plz. confirm it ..

mayanks_098 said:
i dint mean that.actually he askd dis,
" oh and another question guys...will the DX10 cards run in vista?? i mean will they work under DX9??"

i thot he was inferng dat vista has dx9 wch i said it has dx10.n ofcourse dx10 's will run on xp 2 on lik u said games like crysis

oh sorry it was a typo...i mean will they run in xp..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

primitive_trash said:

Yes for sure but there will be Drivers!!!
Windows XP will live till 2009.
Tell me 1 thing? Is windows 98 dead?
If no then u have the answer.
If Yes then also u have the answer.

So need not to worry about.

Have fun...Dude!!!!!!!!!

T

thunderbird.117

primitive_trash said:

Yes Dx10 cards will work in XP but you will not get all the advantages of directx10.

cynosure

UbuntuUser

deathvirus_me said:
i don't think its a 640 MB one .. its the 320 MB one by most chances ... plz. confirm it ..

Yes dude, its the 640MB one, the 320MB version costs 19K:grin:. So is there any chances that the cards' value depreciates to 19K within 2 months coz the AMD awa Nvidia, both are launchin new series of cards and supply decreases price.

check this link out...the xfx 8600 gts xxx edition is not soo bad...
*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2114753,00.asp

cynosure

UbuntuUser

^^ Its xfx, so I aint saying anything, the company rocks, but the cards are costly. But the 8800 can break the neck of 8600 anytime, and I am not intrested in 8600 and also its 256MB and 128bit, not kinda future proof you see. Thats why I am going for an 8800GTS from Zebronics, cheap and 640MB. :D

Waise guys tell me one thing.
The xfx non OC card and the Zebronics card, both have same specifications, then why is there such a huge price gap between the cards???

Last edited:

kapal83

Right off the assembly line

xbonez said:
nvidia's 7 series cards are all dx9 cards. the entire range of 8series (8300,8500,8600,8800,8900etc.) will be dx10 cards. the 7 series cards will not be relaunched as dx10 cards. for the cost of a 7600gt, u'll get a 8300 dx10 card once it is released

Sparkle and XFX dx10 cards have listed their prices in recent press releases. 8500GT has been priced @ 6.5K better than 7600GT which is available around 8K and 8600GT around 10K. I think 8600GT is a sweet deal compared to the performance with 7600GT

cynosure said:
^^ Its xfx, so I aint saying anything, the company rocks, but the cards are costly. But the 8800 can break the neck of 8600 anytime, and I am not intrested in 8600 and also its 256MB and 128bit, not kinda future proof you see. Thats why I am going for an 8800GTS from Zebronics, cheap and 640MB. :D

Waise guys tell me one thing.
The xfx non OC card and the Zebronics card, both have same specifications, then why is there such a huge price gap between the cards???

If you carefully look at the graphic cards you'll find the difference in PCB which is the board design structure, Chipset, memory type etc. Take a look at all ASUS, XFX, Zebronics cards together.

Normally the Chipset is the same i.e. Nvidia which makes the cards to perform at the desired level, but unlike zebronics,not only XFX but ASUS, Gigabyte etc. uses components and PCB design which are far more stable and capable of higher overclocking. Whereas, zebronics brand buy as OEM from cheap manufacturers in China and repacks them in their brand name at highly low prices. Their cards are unstable, breaks down frequently and even underperforms.

You'll barely see zebronics card in any reputed third party product reviews. This is common with all such local Indian branded graphic cards. Thats why companies like XFX, ASUS, Gigabyte, BFG, Abit companies cost more than chinese manufacturers.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^Yess Sir!!!You are absolutely right!There are millions of brands all over the world that makes nVidia cards but the leaders are few,which includes XFX,BFG,Gainward,EVGA,ASUS,MSI etc. Rest are not so good.

So the best way is to get a costly card rather than a cheaper 1one with trouble all around it.

cynosure

UbuntuUser

And what bout if I want to import the gfx card, whats the current rate of custom??? The cards which cost around 31K(XFX 640MB) and 29K(Leadtek 640MB) in the Indian market cost less than 19K in USA, *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143092
and the reviews are gud.

mayanks_098

world is evil

xfx has launched its dx10 cards.

approximate prices:
8600gts -16k
8600gt -10k
8500gt-8k

got it from another forum....

they r highly overpriced...:(

it happens evrytim

amit gala

which is cheapest gfx to run vista smoothly with all effects... no gaming..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Vista needs Dedicated GPU to run all setting on.So,any graphics card works but min. i think u should get a 6600 GT for all the smooth functions.

AND

4 GB of RAM!!!!!!!!!!!

amit gala

i m not into games my budget is 2k-2.5k any new or second hand @ that price which will run vista smoothly

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

An onboard display is fair enough to run VISTA but as i said earlier if u wanna run all the 3D settings maxed out then u need at least 6600 GT.IF u have asked this question 2 years back then i would have said yes but now there is no point to own a 5200 FX because its more or less like onboard display or may be a lesser than that.Now days the onboard displays are better than 5200 FX.

Polter

Broken In

I recently bought a GeForce 6200, 256 MB, AGP graphics card, manufactured by Quantum Hi-Tech. I own a Mercury PI865GM mainboard, using Intel extreme graphics, with Pentium 4 (2.39 GHZ), 1.24 GB of RAM (ddr). I also use Windows XP pro with SP2, direct x 9c. Now, my problem is that the driver version ( works fine, but when I install the forceware driver version 9 that comes along with Digit DVD, the system refuses to budge when I play video, meaning, video playback is not possible after installing the latest drivers. However, games and other graphics work fine. Secondly, when I rollback the drivers to version 8 that comes along with the hardware I bought, everything works fine. Please help because some games require driver version 9 to run, such as Splinter Cell that came with Digit DVD.

P.S. the system has become a lot slower after I’ve installed the new graphics hardware.

Kniwor

Learner

amit gala said:
i m not into games my budget is 2k-2.5k any new or second hand @ that price which will run vista smoothly
Geforce 6200 will do everything just fine

Top Bottom