Graphics Cards related queries here.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

a x1600 pro and a geforce 7300GT . which is a better performer. ?
Digit in its last years Oct issue put x1600 in midrange and 7300GT in entry range.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

the 7300 gt is performes better than the x1600..according so most comparisons between the two..but the x1600 is better for over clocking!

rinks

Right off the assembly line

hello ... well i ve ati x800gt 256 ddr3 pci express card on asus a8vm-se model motherboard .... last time i was gettign flicks on tv ....as i ve connected tv wid pc ....for watching movies nd all .... bt after when i ve reinstalled ma windows again den dere`z no dispaly coming on tv ... m using ati catalyst 7.3 .. so cud u plzzz tllme wat`z prob ? ........................ plzzzzzzzzzzz helpp me out ... evn ma tv nd cable is ok ....... i ve tested cable wid ma laptop . nd it was working fine ..... ...... plzzzzzzzzzz help me out .........

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

rinks said:
hello ... well i ve ati x800gt 256 ddr3 pci express card on asus a8vm-se model motherboard .... last time i was gettign flicks on tv ....as i ve connected tv wid pc ....for watching movies nd all .... bt after when i ve reinstalled ma windows again den dere`z no dispaly coming on tv ... m using ati catalyst 7.3 .. so cud u plzzz tllme wat`z prob ? ........................ plzzzzzzzzzzz helpp me out ... evn ma tv nd cable is ok ....... i ve tested cable wid ma laptop . nd it was working fine ..... ...... plzzzzzzzzzz help me out .........

Hmmm...7.3 are the latest drivers.Did u tried the older version?There are possibilities with the latest drivers.I had faced the same problem with my old 6200 when i atteched it to TV but it all been rectified by swaping the AV cables.Try these 2,worked for me!!!

rinks

Right off the assembly line

well i ve tried dat tooooo .. bt nthing happend .......:( ....... plzzz help me out over here ... evn i ve tried old versions of drivers tooo .... bt nthing happend nd even i ve installd ma windows again nd again toooooo ..................................:confused: wat to do ?????????

Red_Baron

Broken In

If I get a GPU from US can I get warentee here in India?
I am getting XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXX 320 MB card from US.
In case of any problem can I get it fixed here in India? Or do I
need to send it back to US for repairs?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

rinks said:
well i ve tried dat tooooo .. bt nthing happend .......:( ....... plzzz help me out over here ... evn i ve tried old versions of drivers tooo .... bt nthing happend nd even i ve installd ma windows again nd again toooooo ..................................:confused: wat to do ?????????

Just what i thought the new 7.3 drivers gives BSOD & its confirmed.Use old drivers & reconfigure the settings as per the manual.

prakhar18

Broken In

hey guys can u suggest me good AGP and PCI(not express) based cards under 6k...tell me the brand also..

ancientrites

In the zone

Red_Baron said:
If I get a GPU from US can I get warentee here in India?
I am getting XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXX 320 MB card from US.
In case of any problem can I get it fixed here in India? Or do I
need to send it back to US for repairs?

was it second time u r asking the question.well definately NO you cant get it fixed here

prakhar18 said:
hey guys can u suggest me good AGP and PCI(not express) based cards under 6k...tell me the brand also..

zebronics

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i have a sapphire X1600 pro 256mb DDR2 gfx card which i bought just a week back. i've got rivetuner and use it to overclock my card. during intense gaming like FEAR and NFS CARBON what should the temp of my card be without spoiling it in the long run? also how much should i set my fan duty % cycle at?

sabret00the

Youngling

Question to guys who have got graphics card or motherboards brought or sent from the USA or abroad:-

I got lots of friends and brothers in the USA so can anybody tell me if I ask them to buy a graphics card and ask them to send it to me via post then,
1)how much shud it cost to send it from the US?
2)is it legal to send a graphics card via courier from the US to India?
3)will it be safe to send it this way considering its too fragile for transit?
4)does the sender needs to take off the packaging before sending it?

Again,say if a friend is coming over then can he bring say,a graphics card or a motherboard on a flight from US to India?Will they let him board the flight with these things?If yes,then shud the things be in hand luggage or sealed baggage?any chances of the cards,etc getting damaged if brought in sealed baggage?again,does the person bringing these things needs to break the seal of the package?

End of the day do u think its gonna be price efficient?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Dude just a couple of months ago my friend returned from DC & i told him to buy a SAPPHIRE X1900 GT from newegg.com because they don't deliver in Asian countries.So he ordered it from newegg and just because of the custom duty he sold that card to one of his friend in USA.The only thing is when u buy a packed piece of hardware then the duty on it is very high.Almost same as the cost of the card in INDIA.Besides this there are warranty issues also there.I 've seen many people with their fried hardware & checking the wholesalers & retailers to replace their hardware but their is no use.

If such thing is possible than everyone would have bought from abroad.Its almost half the price on newegg.com

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter

rinks said:

brother
windows is a bull sh#t there
every time windows logs it changes resolution so u get screwed
boot in vga mode through tvout by pressing f8 during win boot up to check ur gfx cards tvout

also you can install geexbox to watch movies on tv
its has excellent interface im also using it on geforce 6150 mobo try it

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

1)how much shud it cost to send it from the US?
shipping via USPS should be around 1200 to 2000/- depending upon its weight. *www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm

2)is it legal to send a graphics card via courier from the US to India?
for personal use its perfectly legal
3)will it be safe to send it this way considering its too fragile for transit?
If its paked with buble wrap or thermo balls then it shuld be perfect, make sure nothing shakes in the packing.
4)does the sender needs to take off the packaging before sending it?
Not really but ask them to mark it as gift.

THe peak custom duty on IT products is 21% plus some 4% levies so it still cheaper to get from abroad but yes the warranty is an issue, to get warranty u have to ship at ur cost back to them.

Else its better if someone can bring along as there will be no custom duty on personal baggage upto 25000/-

sabret00the

Youngling

@ keith_j_snyder2 & ranjan2001 thnx a lot.
Now I have another question,say if my friend brings the card in a packet after taking it out of the box then can he bring it with his hand/cabin luggage...has anyone done this before?I'm scared if he brings it in the baggage compartment the pcb might break due to pressure..u see?Well,I'm not concerned about warranty if I get it very cheap...thnx in advance

i think i'll buy an 8800gtx from here ........ US will cost too much i think in the long run ....... :)

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

Yes he can bring as a hand baggage fully box packed item for personal use but if the card is properly packed then it wont break in any way even in luggage.

I have got a camera like that, my laptop like that.....no issues in custom.......................laptop even above Rs 25000/- are allowed free of duty for personal use.

Gone are the days custom people use to harass travelers, now know the rules & travel King style.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i have a sapphire X1600 pro 256mb DDR2 gfx card which i bought just a week back. i've got rivetuner and use it to overclock my card. during intense gaming like FEAR and NFS CARBON what should the temp of my card be without spoiling it in the long run? also how much should i set my fan duty % cycle at?

maybe not above 80 degrees........ depends....... it would be better if u check out overclocking forums and articles on the internet........
Overclocking is not an easy job ....... it requires quite experimentation ...... thats why , i recommend u to go to good sites and learn about everything involved in overclocking ...... Ok , bye .

wnns13

Broken In

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here. "Quote:
Originally Posted by wnns13
Will Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Thief III Work On My Computer?

My System:
Nvidia Geforce Mx 4000 PCI (not Express!) (I am getting a ATI Radeon 9250- -PCI Not Express)
256 Ram
Intel Celoron 2.93ghz

Thank You In Advance

"Quote:
No, Your system is very slow to play Chaos Theory if not it will never start because you dont have the minimum reqs. Has for thief i think you can play. Iam not sure about it. Also celeron is not all meant for gaming. It mostly
meant for office."

But i Do meet the minimun system requirements for splinter cell!

Quote From UBI Soft.com:

• Supported OS: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
  • Processor: AMD Athlon or Intel Pentium III 1.4 GHz (Athlon or Pentium IV 2.2 GHz recommended)
  • RAM: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
  • Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant graphics card (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card (EAX 2.0 or higher recommended)
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)
  • DVD-ROM: 4x or better
  • Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible mouse and keyboard only
  • Multiplay: 64 Kbps broadband (128 Kbps recommended)
* Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
  • ATI® RADEON® 8500/9000/X families
  • NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3/4/FX/6 families (GeForce 4 MX not supported)
Se a ATI Radeon 9250 is Suported!

Top Bottom