Graphics Cards related queries here.

geek_rohit

In the zone
I'm sick of seeing so many graphics cards related threads. Now I have made a new thread. Now post all your GFX card related questions and queries in here. Whether it is price, whether it is which card to buy and whether it is nVidia or ATi, anything which includes graphics cards. And mods please make this thread this sticky. So that it stays on the top for everyone to see. This will make it easier to find the thread for graphics cards and also it will make it more neat.

vysakh

Padawan
I thought of creating a new thread but found it

i want the reply today itself so please post today itself by 5pm latest
my dad is going to bombay and so we have decided to get a graphics card from lamington road but i dont know to buy which one. suggest one. here are my specifications

direct X 9.0 compatible
256 MB memory
best performance
budget---6k

please reply immediatley
if possible quote prices from lamington rd

Sourabh

Laptoping
XFX 5700 LE 256 mb 64 bit costs 6500 Rs

its the worst of card coz it has 64 bit memory

search the forum or ask any one abt the 5700LE card

it sucks and stay away from it

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
All these brands are good. But I would suggest please don't go for the ASUS brand as these cards aren't such a great performer they used to be moreoever they are costly as compared to other brands. Instead for nVidia choose Gainward and XFX, for ATi choose Powercolor and Gigabyte, whichever suits you in terms of price, software. bundles, etc.
EDITED:
But don't go for the LE version. For Radeon go for the 9600.

vysakh

Padawan
one guy is asking me to get the 5700 and other one not to get it
cmon guys
plz hurry
any brands from Radeon???

Sourabh

Laptoping
frankly speaking dont buy a graphic card if u wanna go for 5700 LE

u wont achieve anything with it to be frank

else wait and get a 6600GT @ 11.5k ... best deal

borg

In the zone
Hey cmon Sourabh. He want a card for 6k & u recommend him a card which costs 11.5k!!!. This is not fair man. He clearly posted his budget. Not everyone wants those fancy cards which cost the earth. Not if u are a casual gamer.

For 6k, I would say Asus A9550 (costs around 5.5k). Or a 9600 non pro. Most brands like Club 3d, gigabyte, gainward are good. Just ask ur dad to look for a good deal. Also be aware that the card should have 128 bit memory & stay away from the cards with 64 bit ones. Thats it.

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey i saw a dealer selling hercules X800XT PE for 37000 and Gainward 6800 Ultra for 35K (both are PCI-e). as my friend is thinkin of buying a SLI mobo (infact whole new pc that wud last good 3-yrs)
preferably ASUS A8N-SLI. which one is a better deal hercules or Gainward?? A MSI 6800 Ultra was quoted Rs.35.5K, so i select 6800 ultra which one is good Gainward or MSI. MSI has a definite advantage of DOT.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
[flAsh said:
]hey i saw a dealer selling hercules X800XT PE for 37000 and Gainward 6800 Ultra for 35K (both are PCI-e). as my friend is thinkin of buying a SLI mobo (infact whole new pc that wud last good 3-yrs)
preferably ASUS A8N-SLI. which one is a better deal hercules or Gainward?? A MSI 6800 Ultra was quoted Rs.35.5K, so i select 6800 ultra which one is good Gainward or MSI. MSI has a definite advantage of DOT.

From those definitely the Gainward 6800Ultra ! The Golden Samples are guaraanteed to Oc so i think i'd stick with the gainward.

mamba

In the zone
heard gainward was bought or somethin , for $1 million n has shifted base frm Taipei , Taiwan to Munich Germany
n wot was that , they r gud OCers !!!

no. they were overclocked out of the factory, which meant that the amount of 'free' overclocking u got was less because they were already pushing that much harder.
basically, u pay for their pre-overclocking the board, and overclocking is good value because it's supposed to be free

they had weird names

n i read a hexus review of 1 of there silly 6800 Ultra with watercooling for $800
IT OVERCLOCKED 25mhz ON CORE N MEMORY

mamba

In the zone
m kidin nobody
c 4 urself
m not frm xfx or somethin , that would campaign against gainward
tis vot i read n thought bout sharin with the guys on the forum . thats it , nothin more , nothin less

mamba

In the zone
check this out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*www.glebeci.ca/users/matt/video/Scene_1_AMD_Duron_Vaporizing_final_divx_lq1.avi

rockyj123

Broken In
ati radeaon 9600se or fx 5200.. i have choice between them..pls help.. its urgent..
also are ti 4200/4400 cards still available in mumbai?.. are they better than the above cards...?

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey!! my vendor has got a CLUB 3D XGI VOLARI V8 ULTRA DUO (which he got from sumbody) and is selling it for Rs.2500/-. is it a good buy at this price????
it has got 256mb DDRII (clocked 950mhz) and 2 GPUs on a single board (each clocked 475 Mhz) with a 128-bit memory controller.

Top Bottom